PDA

View Full Version : FedEx delivery - what's up with that?

DJofSD
12-21-2011, 10:25 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKUDTPbDhnA&feature=player_embedded

[YT="PKUDTPbDhnA"] (Crap - I am YT tag challenged.)

Glad it wasn't my package being delivered.

HUSKER55
12-21-2011, 10:37 AM
ON the news here in milwauke the reporter supposedly called fedx and asked their policy.

Would you believe they are disciplined but not fired?

boxcar
12-21-2011, 12:13 PM
ON the news here in milwauke the reporter supposedly called fedx and asked their policy.

Would you believe they are disciplined but not fired?

Is FedEx unionized?

Boxcar

racko
12-21-2011, 12:48 PM
not union.... so I guess that knocks your arguement out of the water... read your mind on that one

PhantomOnTour
12-21-2011, 12:55 PM
Speaking of bad delivery guys...

I ordered delivery from Pizza Hut on Sunday night and was delivered the wrong pizza. We ordered other items too and I had a stack of stuff in my hands at the door so I didn't check the pizza...oops...wrong pie. I called them about it and they sent another pie out quickly to us...all good.
I gave the driver the old pizza and found out the next morning that he left it on our patio. Needless to say, it was 'disturbed' during the evening by strays or varmints or whatever and I had a big mess to clean up.
I wasn't too happy about that.

DJofSD
12-21-2011, 01:09 PM
Perhaps a pack of pizza pecking pacyderms or porcines passed precariously in proximity.

shots
12-21-2011, 01:39 PM
Was to receive a package with 2 day delivery (cost extra) by Fedex and Ups and they weren't delivered on time. Their shipment tracking site said they had been delivered. Both packages were delivered the following day. I guess they have to keep their numbers for the company looking good even if they have to lie about. What about the customer. We should get what we paid for.

boxcar
12-21-2011, 01:41 PM
not union.... so I guess that knocks your arguement out of the water... read your mind on that one

Maybe you missed your calling in life.

Boxcar

Tom
12-21-2011, 02:44 PM
Ex- USPS employee? :D

Robert Goren
12-21-2011, 03:21 PM
Ex- USPS employee? :D Not to worry, it clear from the video that he will look good in brown. UPS is the next stop on the chain of places for bad employees to work. If he plays his cards right, he could eventually get hired for customer service by Verizon, but he still has more to do to prove himself worthy of that job.

sandpit
12-21-2011, 07:09 PM
Is FedEx unionized?

Boxcar

Their pilots are in a private pilots' union, but that's it. The company's founder, Fred Smith, is very anti-union as a rule. The UPS drivers, who are unionized, are always talking to the Fed Ex drivers, trying to get them to vote it in, but to no avail so far.

redshift1
12-22-2011, 12:03 AM
UPS is the next stop on the chain of places for bad employees

????

cj's dad
12-22-2011, 08:00 AM
Not to worry, it clear from the video that he will look good in brown. UPS is the next stop on the chain of places for bad employees to work. If he plays his cards right, he could eventually get hired for customer service by Verizon, but he still has more to do to prove himself worthy of that job.

Then he'd have to move to India.

Robert Goren
12-22-2011, 08:28 AM
????I have some very bad experiences with UPS. So much so that I will not buy something that if I know that UPS will be delievering it.

Robert Goren
12-22-2011, 08:34 AM
Then he'd have to move to India. That is not true. Verizon has a call center here in Lincoln, Ne. Before I retired, they used to keep calling me to check out work histories for my former employees.

Grits
12-22-2011, 08:48 AM
They get my shoes here from Zappos in two days and my books and music from Amazon, again, in two days (if the book doesn't go to my Kindle.) Fine service, can't complain except for the cost of some shipping, recently.

I sent 5 lbs of dry cured country sausage and 3 lbs of country ham to friends in St.Louis. It had to be packed in dry ice and placed in a styrafoam cooler, then all boxed up, sealed, addressed, and weighed. It was shipped 2 day delivery, which was required because it was on dry ice.

The shipping cost? $168.55. I thought I would pass out, right at the counter.:lol: I told the clerk, "I could drive to St.Louis--gas for my automobile wouldn't cost this much".:faint:

Package arrived on time though.:lol: And friends loved the gift. But, I ain't likely to ship anymore anytime soon!!! High dollar sausage and ham.

cj's dad
12-22-2011, 08:52 AM
But the big question is "did the delivery guy throw it over the fence"?

cj's dad
12-22-2011, 08:53 AM
That is not true. Verizon has a call center here in Lincoln, Ne. Before I retired, they used to keep calling me to check out work histories for my former employees.

"Then he'd have to move to India" :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Said tongue in cheek - Geez.

DJofSD
12-22-2011, 09:00 AM
Well, I guess if you use FedEx the chances of your package being delivered undamaged is a toss up.

Grits
12-22-2011, 09:02 AM
But the big question is "did the delivery guy throw it over the fence"?

LOLLLLLLL Nope, sat it on the front porch.

Robert Goren
12-22-2011, 09:18 AM
While I was waiting for my SS disability, I used get some very high dollar meds that the company sent me for free. It was packed in ice was shipped by FedEx. It was never late. If for some reason I was not there top get it, they put a note on the door and I went and picked it up. None of this leaving with the neighbors crap that UPS likes to pull.