PDA

View Full Version : Under paid double ?

trackcat
12-21-2011, 06:08 AM
This past Saturday (12/17) at Hollywood Park there was what I would call an uderpaid double. It started in the 3rd. race with a $173 winner. Then in the 4th. there was a $22.00 winner. What surprized me was that this double paid $178.00. The pool was over 6K. Figuring takeout I came up with 84 winning tickets. I wasn't in on the pool but it seemed to me that with 2 winners like that there would only be a very few if not just 1 or 2 winning tickets. Just putting it out there for any coments. Good luck to all for the coming Santa Anita meet.

trackcat

llegend39
12-21-2011, 06:26 AM
This past Saturday (12/17) at Hollywood Park there was what I would call an uderpaid double. It started in the 3rd. race with a $173 winner. Then in the 4th. there was a $22.00 winner. What surprized me was that this double paid $178.00. The pool was over 6K. Figuring takeout I came up with 84 winning tickets. I wasn't in on the pool but it seemed to me that with 2 winners like that there would only be a very few if not just 1 or 2 winning tickets. Just putting it out there for any coments. Good luck to all for the coming Santa Anita meet.

trackcat
It was the 5th and 6th races $173.40 and $23.20 The DD paid $174.20 You should have been listening to Richie P on TVG on Monday They had a discussion about this There was a bettor at Suffolk who bet a $200 DD wheel -all in the 5th to the winner of the 6th So there was at least 100 winning tickets

takeout
12-21-2011, 09:22 AM
Looks like without the wheel there would’ve been only 15 tickets ($2) paying about $1,335 each. Sounds about right given the small fields and unconscionable 22.68% rake. Have a nice life, Brackpool & TOC.

trackcat
12-21-2011, 03:46 PM
Thanks for the race correction llegend and for the reason why. To takeout I had figured it at 24% takout.......robbery. thanks for ya'lls info.

trackcat

ByeByeBuck
12-23-2011, 04:13 PM
It was many years ago and I don't remember which simulcast track it was, but one time a tri came back incredibly low. Turns out at the track I was at, a teller there told everyone that he punched a ticket for a $100 cold tri for those numbers at that track, and it happened to hit, and obviously killed the payoff. Wasn't a boat race or anything like that, just some newbie player, the teller said he hadn't seen him before, probably playing his house number or something like that.

Robert Fischer
12-30-2011, 12:02 PM
It was many years ago and I don't remember which simulcast track it was, but one time a tri came back incredibly low. Turns out at the track I was at, a teller there told everyone that he punched a ticket for a $100 cold tri for those numbers at that track, and it happened to hit, and obviously killed the payoff. Wasn't a boat race or anything like that, just some newbie player, the teller said he hadn't seen him before, probably playing his house number or something like that.

made me think of the st valentine's day fix

jmama62
12-30-2011, 01:25 PM
One guy made a $200 wheel to the winner of the second leg of the double.

He bet against himself and caused the wacky payoff.