12-20-2011, 06:18 PM
Seriously, what the hell are these guys thinking. Bonehead penalties such as:

lining up in the neutral zone
too much time
Slaps to the head
excessive celebration
taunting
late hits out of bounds

feel free to add on, but you get the idea... all teams are guilty of this stupidity. Where are the coaches in bringing this foolishness to an end ??

Overlay
12-20-2011, 06:34 PM
Boys will be boys.

cj
12-20-2011, 06:50 PM
The dumbest of all penalties is blocking in the back on kick returns. It just isn't that hard not to hit someone in the back. There is the very rare occasion where a guy gets caught when someone turns quickly, but most times it is blatant.

horses4courses
12-20-2011, 06:51 PM
In the sports bettors' glossary, NFL stands for:

No F*#*ing Logic

:bang:

Fwizard
12-20-2011, 07:56 PM
Lets look at Monday's game ---On SF's first FG attempt---The head coach of San Fran is yelling to the ref about a player leaping and landing on his players---later in the game the same player does it again (this time draws the flag because the official is now looking for it)--shouldn't a coach for Pittsburgh have told this player to be careful because the opposing coach is screaming about it.

Rookies
12-20-2011, 08:27 PM
Waaaay more than that are HCes that can't count and decide when 2 pointers are essential...

The NFL is not known for its' Mensa candidates :rolleyes:

stuball
12-22-2011, 07:45 PM
I believe that steroids don't enlarge the brain even though the brain is a muscle..of sorts..

Stuball

shots
12-22-2011, 07:57 PM
Some habits are hard to break. Anyway their version is that they didn't do anything wrong.

ponyplayerdotca
12-25-2011, 03:26 PM
The dumbest of all penalties is blocking in the back on kick returns. It just isn't that hard not to hit someone in the back. There is the very rare occasion where a guy gets caught when someone turns quickly, but most times it is blatant.

I've always said to myself, "just don't hit anybody" unless they are on the side of the field where the returner is running. What's worse? Not blocking a guy in the back and taking the ball where the runner is tackled, or blocking a guy in the back and negating a big TD punt return that could have helped your team win.

My other favorite from this weekend was Baltimore's decision to punt the ball to Josh Cribbs of Cleveland when up 20-0 late in teh 3rd quarter. He is their sole scoring threat (much like Devin Hester in Chicago).

Why tempt fate? Punt the ball out of bounds and force the Browns' pitiful offense to get them back in the game. What happens instead? TD runback, now 20-7, followed by the momentum swing by giving the Browns new life. Then, a TD in the 4th quarter after their D stops Flacco again, now 20-14.

And, the Ravens never get any momentum back and barely have to hang on to win 20-14 thanks to a bonehead offside on 4th and 2 at midfield at the two-minute warning that ended the game.

Why win 20-0 and just let sleeping dogs lie back at that moment they brashly punted to a return superstar? I don't understand their thought processes either.

ldiatone
12-25-2011, 04:35 PM
I've always said to myself, "just don't hit anybody" unless they are on the side of the field where the returner is running. What's worse? Not blocking a guy in the back and taking the ball where the runner is tackled, or blocking a guy in the back and negating a big TD punt return that could have helped your team win.

My other favorite from this weekend was Baltimore's decision to punt the ball to Josh Cribbs of Cleveland when up 20-0 late in teh 3rd quarter. He is their sole scoring threat (much like Devin Hester in Chicago).

Why tempt fate? Punt the ball out of bounds and force the Browns' pitiful offense to get them back in the game. What happens instead? TD runback, now 20-7, followed by the momentum swing by giving the Browns new life. Then, a TD in the 4th quarter after their D stops Flacco again, now 20-14.

And, the Ravens never get any momentum back and barely have to hang on to win 20-14 thanks to a bonehead offside on 4th and 2 at midfield at the two-minute warning that ended the game.

Why win 20-0 and just let sleeping dogs lie back at that moment they brashly punted to a return superstar? I don't understand their thought processes either.
(your in trouble now :rolleyes: