PDA

View Full Version : Best sport in the world

cj
12-10-2003, 10:15 PM
You just have to love College hoops! How bout those Terps...They lose back to back Saturday and Sunday, then roll into the #1 team in the land's home court with a mostly freshman-sophmore team and take them out! Go Terps!

Suff
12-10-2003, 10:26 PM
Terps. when used often is a poor Nickname. Terp? Go you TERP! , I'm a Terp. Fan! . They're all Terps. I love The Terps!

See what I'm saying? The nick is weak.

wtf's a Terrapin anyway?

superfecta
12-11-2003, 12:52 AM
Originally posted by Suff
wtf's a Terrapin anyway? A turtle.Probably a slow one.And whats this about the best sport in the world?Unless you are Wilt the Stilt,I would say Horseracing is the greatest game,more players,and no guaranteed contracts.

Valuist
12-11-2003, 10:14 AM
Speaking of the Terps, it looks like Strawberry's son is a pretty good player. I thought Maryland was supposed to be down; they've lost a lot of production the past 2 years. Williams must've gotten pretty strong recruiting classes.

cj
12-11-2003, 10:26 AM
You do tend to get pretty strong recruiting classes when you win a NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP!

Valuist
12-11-2003, 12:23 PM
Getting back to that Maryland/Florida game, nobody gets less out of more talent than Billy Donovan. Every year they are loaded with McDonald's All-Americans and just about every year they disappoint. Donovan: good recruiter; bad coach.

cj
12-11-2003, 12:32 PM
There is widespread talk among coaches, and others, the Donovan is a big time cheater in the recruiting game. His day of reckoning will come.

Bubbles
12-11-2003, 04:32 PM
Florida hasn't really seemed to be very good in the past few years. Yet, in seemingly every one of those years, you see them with a #2 or #3 seed in the NCAA, and they get steamrolled by some no-name team in the first few rounds. It makes no sense.