PDA

View Full Version : Death of North Korea's Kim Jong-il

Overlay
12-18-2011, 10:33 PM
Kim Jong-il, North Korea's "Dear Leader", has passed away at age 69. One less dictator (although his son, 27 (or 28)-year old Kim Jong-un, has been groomed to succeed him).

http://worldnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2011/12/18/9544976-north-korean-leader-kim-jong-il-dies

Information on Kim Jong-un (or should that be "un Kim Jong-on"?):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kim_Jong-un

Tom
12-18-2011, 10:35 PM
...although I'm pretty sure his replacement will be no improvement. Kim Jong-Il has passed away at age 69.

http://worldnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2011/12/18/9544976-north-korean-leader-kim-jong-il-dies

:jump: :jump: :jump: WooHoo!
I hope he suffered greatly.
May the SOB burn in HELL for eternity.

PhantomOnTour
12-18-2011, 10:41 PM
I didn't even know that Kim Jong was ill

horses4courses
12-18-2011, 11:01 PM
I'm thinking that there will be little change there for now.

Maybe, just maybe, though, we may eventually see a less hostile N. Korea.
That has to start with a thawing of relations with their southern neighbors.

Good to see old Kim gone......

bigmack
12-18-2011, 11:17 PM
Somewhere around here I've got a KJI action figure with a pin through his head from some soiree that got outta hand.

Sayonara, Sucka.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-rm09Kkz_aow/Te94kIe6TTI/AAAAAAAAAKQ/O8dqfdDfNNo/s1600/kim-jong-il.jpg\

JustRalph
12-19-2011, 07:15 AM
The bastards fired a missile this morning ?

This could be interesting?

Overlay
12-19-2011, 08:34 AM
The bastards fired a missile this morning ?

This could be interesting?
Here's a story on that:

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/international/north_korea_test_fires_short_range_u5JiaS2fFW3Q4hm qwEAaAP?CMP=OTC-rss&FEEDNAME=

According to the story, there's no connection with Kim's death.

canleakid
12-19-2011, 08:46 AM
Another one bites the dust
And another one gone, and another one gone

adios MOFO :D

ArlJim78
12-19-2011, 09:13 AM
Maaatt Daaamon and Danny Glover send their condolences.
Hans Brix and Arec Barwin couldn't be reached for comment.

Tom
12-19-2011, 09:43 AM
Baldwin is trying to find an airline that will sell him a ticket so he can attend the services.

So far, no luck! :D

Overlay
12-19-2011, 09:44 AM
Hans Brix and Arec Barwin couldn't be reached for comment.
Arec was too busy praying Words with Fliends.

boxcar
12-19-2011, 11:55 AM
Here's a story on that:

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/international/north_korea_test_fires_short_range_u5JiaS2fFW3Q4hm qwEAaAP?CMP=OTC-rss&FEEDNAME=

According to the story, there's no connection with Kim's death.

Maybe they "coincidentally" fired that big firecracker to covertly celebrate his death. (Wonder if the son was on good terms with his loving daddy.) :D

Boxcar

Overlay
12-19-2011, 12:16 PM
(Wonder if the son was on good terms with his loving daddy.)
Maybe he was the lesser of evils in his father's view. His older brother was bumped from the line of succession after sneaking out of the DPRK so he could go to Disney World in Japan. (At least Kim Jong-Un spent time (with his father's permission) in Switzerland for part of his education, so he's had some exposure to a non-totalitarian society outside of North Korea -- not that that will necessarily have any bearing on what his regime will be like.) (After all, Kim Jong-il was certainly no model Communist in his private life, but that didn't make him any less repressive in his rule.)

boxcar
12-19-2011, 01:28 PM
Maybe he was the lesser of evils in his father's view. His older brother was bumped from the line of succession after sneaking out of the DPRK so he could go to Disney World in Japan. (At least Kim Jong-Un spent time (with his father's permission) in Switzerland for part of his education, so he's had some exposure to a non-totalitarian society outside of North Korea -- not that that will necessarily have any bearing on what his regime will be like.) (After all, Kim Jong-il was certainly no model Communist in his private life, but that didn't make him any less repressive in his rule.)

What's interesting already with the MM is the conspicuous absence of criticism of Kim for his oppressive, cruel ruling style. However, there is praise for how brilliant this guy was. (I guess brilliance now is measured by one's political ideology.) I would be willing to bet that if Kim had died a few weeks earlier, he would have been on the cover of Time as "Person of the Year".

Boxcar

BlueShoe
12-19-2011, 02:31 PM
What's interesting already with the MM is the conspicuous absence of criticism of Kim for his oppressive, cruel ruling style. However, there is praise for how brilliant this guy was. (I guess brilliance now is measured by one's political ideology.) I would be willing to bet that if Kim had died a few weeks earlier, he would have been on the cover of Time as "Person of the Year".
The Left has lost one of their own. :rolleyes: When has the liberal media ever been critical about any communist regime, or any left wing government for that matter? Observe the way they have cooed and gurgled over Red China. The OWS mob would have us become like North Korea, if we accept every one of their absurd demands we most surely would be like them. Much mourning today in the camps of the Flea Party?

Greyfox
12-19-2011, 02:46 PM
This dictator was a mad man.
What he did to his people was unconscionable.
May He Enjoy a Good Stay in Hell!

boxcar
12-19-2011, 03:03 PM
I had no idea so many people on this forum, apparently, believe in "hell"? Really? :eek: :eek:

Boxcar

PaceAdvantage
12-19-2011, 10:21 PM
I had no idea so many people on this forum, apparently, believe in "hell"? Really? :eek: :eek:

BoxcarEvery thread? Really?

boxcar
12-19-2011, 11:05 PM
Every thread? Really?

I was amused by everyone's sudden found faith. Kinda reminded me about how libs are huge believers in free speech -- under specific circumstances, that is. ;)

Boxcar

Overlay
12-20-2011, 06:00 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/strangest-things-weve-learned-kim-jong-un-225527916.html

Possible correction: The article at the link says that what got Kim Jong-un's brother (Kim Jong-chol) removed from the line of sucession was an unsanctioned trip that he took to Europe (with an unidentified female) to attend an Eric Clapton concert in Germany. (Plus Kim Jong-il apparently confided to his personal sushi chef (during a lengthy drinking session) that he considered Kim Jong-chol to be too "girlish" to succeed him.)

bigmack
12-21-2011, 10:21 PM
I have sometimes imagined my own death and brought myself to tears.
Martin Short

These poor dears. Talk about a BF Skinner/Siggy Freud/mind control moment:

pSWN6Qj98Iw#!

Overlay
12-22-2011, 12:44 AM
I recall similar scenes after Ayatollah Khomeini's passing.

PaceAdvantage
12-22-2011, 04:20 AM
And here I thought that was a video of Zenyatta fans after Blame beat her in last year's BC Classic...my bad...

Robert Goren
12-22-2011, 07:18 AM
Who knows who is going to end up in power there. This is like USSR after the death of Stalin or China after the death of Mao. The only thing for sure is that there will be plenty of attempted power grabs before the dusts settles. ar

JustRalph
12-22-2011, 07:43 AM
Remember, this is a country where the people are eating grass to survive. Who the hell knows what could happen

Tom
12-22-2011, 08:12 AM
Increase in milk production?

Overlay
12-22-2011, 10:02 AM
Increase in milk production?
That's udder nonsense, Tom.

Ocala Mike
12-22-2011, 10:05 AM
I was looking for John Boehner in that video of the mourners, but they ALL have orange faces!

Ocala Mike

boxcar
12-22-2011, 01:21 PM
I was looking for John Boehner in that video of the mourners, but they ALL have orange faces!

Ocala Mike

You should have been looking for Carter's! Boehner is only a commie light. Carter, though, is the real deal.

Ex-President Carter sends condolences to Kim Jong-un

Former President Jimmy Carter has sent North Korea a message of condolence over the death of Kim Jong-il and wished "every success" to the man expected to take over as dictator, according to the communist country's state-run news agency.

Carter is so in-the-tank for North Korea, he even justified last year's attack on their brothers to the South.

The former U.S. president also downplayed a 2010 North Korean attack on a South Korean island and disclosure of a uranium enrichment facility, saying the acts were merely "designed to remind the world that they deserve respect in negotiations that will shape their future."

http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog/inside-politics/2011/dec/21/ex-president-carter-sends-condolences-kim-jong-un/

Boxcar

Tom
12-22-2011, 02:22 PM
Carter - how did traitor like that ever get elected in the first place.
What a disgrace to this nation that POS is.

Overlay
12-22-2011, 07:47 PM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/45768317/ns/world_news-asia_pacific/

Despite a boycott by Western diplomats, the UN General Assembly observed a moment of silence in memory of Kim Jong-il (who was under UN sanctions because of North Korea's nuclear weapons program). (The report does not indicate whether there was hysterical weeping from any of the delegates.) (To its credit, the UN Security Council did not follow suit in its proceedings.)

Can someone please remind me why we're still a member of this organization?

PaceAdvantage
12-22-2011, 07:53 PM
I have to say I'm surprised, and a tad hurt, that my Zenyatta joke went over like a lead balloon here...

I mean, seriously...you could see it happening, couldn't you? After such a close finish at the wire...she had some very passionate fans... ;)

cj's dad
12-22-2011, 07:58 PM
I have to say I'm surprised, and a tad hurt, that my Zenyatta joke went over like a lead balloon here...

I mean, seriously...you could see it happening, couldn't you? After such a close finish at the wire...she had some very passionate fans... ;)

I was laughing so hard, I couldn't post !!

fast4522
12-22-2011, 07:58 PM
Carter - how did traitor like that ever get elected in the first place.
What a disgrace to this nation that POS is.

The answer is the McGovernics, vermin all.

PaceAdvantage
12-22-2011, 08:00 PM
I was laughing so hard, I couldn't post !!Do I dare post that video in the horse racing section?

I think I will... :lol:

Jay Trotter
12-22-2011, 08:07 PM
Do I dare post that video in the horse racing section?

I think I will... :lol:A pathetic plea for attention!!!:faint:

PaceAdvantage
12-22-2011, 08:18 PM
A pathetic plea for attention!!!:faint:Yes, that's me...I can't resist... :lol:

Richie
12-23-2011, 10:42 AM

I mean, seriously...you could see it happening, couldn't you? After such a close finish at the wire...she had some very passionate fans...

it was very funny, however, I thought it was the horse of the year announcement

boxcar
01-13-2012, 09:11 PM
These Commies take their man-centered religion/philosophy pretty seriously -- about as serious as the Babylonians did in the prophet Daniel's day.

Harsh Punishments for Poor Mourning

The North Korean authorities have completed the criticism sessions which began after the mourning period for Kim Jong Il and begun to punish those who transgressed during the highly orchestrated mourning events.

Daily NK learned from a source from North Hamkyung Province on January 10th, “The authorities are handing down at least six months in a labor-training camp to anybody who didn’t participate in the organized gatherings during the mourning period, or who did participate but didn’t cry and didn't seem genuine.”...

Along with criticism sessions, the authorities also turned up the heat on efforts to idolize Kim Jong Eun immediately after the mourning period ended, something which has yet to let up.

Wonder if they built any gold images, yet, of Kimmy over there... :rolleyes:

http://www.dailynk.com/english/read.php?cataId=nk01500&num=8668

Boxcar

LottaKash
01-13-2012, 11:43 PM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/45768317/ns/world_news-asia_pacific/

So there will be peace in the valley once again....:jump:...and for the children, it takes a village you know...

best,

Tom
01-14-2012, 09:56 AM
Every village has an idiot.

Steve 'StatMan'
01-14-2012, 10:54 AM

Yup! But this once controls the food, weapons, money and the internal spies.

boxcar
01-14-2012, 11:53 AM

And wherever such a village is, we can be sure to find Hillary on her broomstick.

Boxcar

BlueShoe
01-14-2012, 01:22 PM
The Birchers got it right half a century ago; "Get the US out of the UN and the UN out of the US." A pity that so few listened or payed attention.