PDA

View Full Version : Raiders coach

slew101
12-18-2011, 07:44 PM
Scores a TD with 7 minutes left in the game to go up 26-14, and he doesn't go for 2 points?

Detroit then scores two TDs to win 28-27. Nice coaching there. Al Davis would be proud.

Rookies
12-18-2011, 10:58 PM
Scores a TD with 7 minutes left in the game to go up 26-14, and he doesn't go for 2 points?

Detroit then scores two TDs to win 28-27. Nice coaching there. Al Davis would be proud.

NO KIDDING!

My buddy was screaming:

" Just wait until Detroit comes down and scores and then you'll see why you should be fired tomorrow- you moron!"

This goes with a previous thread by Zippy on how so many of these moron coaches in a multi billion dollar game, simply do not have any math comprehension. They simply have zero understanding of the probabilities of time v.s. math and what to do.

They need someone with those skills.

I'm considering putting in resumes as I retire in April to do it for one of them.

Say $100k for being on the sidelines Sundays + expenses, would do! :jump:

cj
12-18-2011, 11:00 PM
There is really no excuse for that.

slew101
12-18-2011, 11:21 PM
Another thing this season, I have never seen so many bad challenges from coaches this year. I would love to see the percentage of wins/losses for all the coaches. Not sure that is available.

Tom Coughlin, who used to be good, is the worst. I think he's 1 for his last 8 on challenges. He challenged a Washington interception that was clearly a pick that everyone could see and he throws the flag.

Rookies
12-19-2011, 07:30 AM
This is one of the reverse corollaries of life, affecting the HC personally. If you're too stupid to understand it, you can't be a HC.

As in...

1) If you go for the 2 pointer and FAIL, NOBODY complains, because it's expected;

2) But if you don't, SUCCEED with the convert and ultimately lose the game because of it, then EVERYBODY is on you for being such a dimwit- because it's NOT expected!

Robert Goren
12-19-2011, 08:14 AM
Unfortunately, the job of head coach in the NFL is to get a bunch of cry baby ego manics to put out some sort of effort and play like something resembling a team game most weeks of the season. Such things as when to go for 2 points isn't even on their radar. I don't fault him so much for not going for 2 as I do for let his team blow a 13 point lead. I find it amazing that week after week we see 2 score leads blown in the second half(often in the fourth quarter) in several games. I can't count the number of times I have seem a drive extended by a bone head penalty like grabbing the face mask of an offensive lineman.
And then are things like the effort put forth by the Packers. There was a team going for history and they played a like a team had lost 13 games instead of a team that had won 13 games. It takes a team effort to play that bad.