PDA

View Full Version : Handicappers Data Warehouse

098poi
12-18-2011, 08:01 AM
I logged in late last night and downloaded today's PP's but when I tried to get the results I had to re-log in and wasn't able to get in. I still can't get in this morning. Anyone else have that issue? I am an HSH user.

BillW
12-18-2011, 08:22 AM
Looks OK here.

Tom
12-18-2011, 08:50 AM
Maybe you're shut off after that big hit! :D

098poi
12-18-2011, 09:09 AM
Maybe you're shut off after that big hit! :D
I wish it was that big! I sent them an email. I'll call later.

Dave Schwartz
12-18-2011, 10:12 AM
My auto-downloader fired three times since 8pm last night without incident, so I would say that the problem is either with your machine or your account.

Give them a call, now.

If they are not around, call me.

Dave

Jeff P
12-18-2011, 12:19 PM
No worries at this end.

Used the JCapper download tool to log into the HDW site, synch to disc, queue up and download files that I didn't already have, and export comma delimited text files without incident.

Also verified that I was able to use a web browser to manually queue up files and download from the HDW site.

-jp

098poi
12-18-2011, 12:28 PM
Just got in, I don't know what happened. Thanks

Capper Al
12-18-2011, 01:18 PM
Is the HDW's data shared/used by more than one software vendor here in PA?

Jeff P
12-18-2011, 01:38 PM
Is the HDW's data shared/used by more than one software vendor here in PA?

Yes.

Here's a link to their site:
http://www.horsedata.com/

-jp

Capper Al
12-18-2011, 03:25 PM
Is there a public schema for HDW?

Jeff P
12-18-2011, 04:35 PM
Is there a public schema for HDW?
No. Files downloaded from HDW are delivered in a binary file format. Each software vendor is given a unique file format (with unique field mapping.) This means that files produced by HDW for say HTR are compatible with Ken Massa's program only... The files they produce for me are JCapper compatible only... and the files they produce for Dave S are HSH compatible only.

That said, one of the things I offer is the ability for the JCapper customer to run a file export routine (all versions of JCapper) that produces comma delimited text past performance data files bearing a .JCP file extension -- as well as a results file export routine that produces comma delimited text results files bearing an .XRD file extension.

The past performance data file format/field mapping is nearly identical to the field mapping for a Brisnet .DRF single format data file (which is nearly identical to the Brisnet .MCP multicaps data file.)

The results file format is nearly identical to the Brisnet XRD file.

The key difference is that .JCP files are populated with speed and pace figs, rider and trainer names, etc. generated by HDW (as opposed to Brisnet files where the speed and pace figs, rider and trainer names, etc. are generated by Brisnet.)

The exported .JCP files are not just JCapper compatible - but compatible with many other handicapping apps and spreadsheets currently in use.

Hope I explained most of that in a way that makes sense.

-jp

Dave Schwartz
12-18-2011, 05:50 PM
We at HSH do the same thing... you can choose from 4,000 factors per horse.

Tom
12-18-2011, 06:19 PM
HTR offers several downloads - probably 10?
Plus, the daily charts - that is worth the monthly fee all alone. Some of the guys there make their own PPs from the export files. That is above my pay grade, but I really want to sit down and figure it out in 2012. I guess I have to bite the bullet and learn Visual Basic.

Capper Al
12-18-2011, 07:51 PM
Thanks everyone who replied to my HDW questions.

Speed Figure
12-18-2011, 08:11 PM
No. Files downloaded from HDW are delivered in a binary file format. Each software vendor is given a unique file format (with unique field mapping.) This means that files produced by HDW for say HTR are compatible with Ken Massa's program only... The files they produce for me are JCapper compatible only... and the files they produce for Dave S are HSH compatible only.

That said, one of the things I offer is the ability for the JCapper customer to run a file export routine (all versions of JCapper) that produces comma delimited text past performance data files bearing a .JCP file extension -- as well as a results file export routine that produces comma delimited text results files bearing an .XRD file extension.

The past performance data file format/field mapping is nearly identical to the field mapping for a Brisnet .DRF single format data file (which is nearly identical to the Brisnet .MCP multicaps data file.)

The results file format is nearly identical to the Brisnet XRD file.

The key difference is that .JCP files are populated with speed and pace figs, rider and trainer names, etc. generated by HDW (as opposed to Brisnet files where the speed and pace figs, rider and trainer names, etc. are generated by Brisnet.)

The exported .JCP files are not just JCapper compatible - but compatible with many other handicapping apps and spreadsheets currently in use.

Hope I explained most of that in a way that makes sense.

-jp

Would it be possible to use the JCP files for programs that use bris data?

Jeff P
12-18-2011, 08:24 PM
It depends on the program you are using - but for the most part, the answer is yes.

I have quite a few data customers who are currently loading .JCP files into programs other than JCapper. Some have written their own apps. Others are using programs you've heard about such as Equisim, Handifast, and Ray's All Data Spreadsheet.

If someone out there reading happens to be loading .JCP files into a program other than JCapper, feel free to chime in and post your impressions/user experience to date.

(I'd be interested in hearing both the good and the bad.)

-jp

Speed Figure
12-18-2011, 09:39 PM
Could you email me one so I can see if it works?

Jeff P
12-18-2011, 10:20 PM
Could you email me one so I can see if it works?Done.

In the event anyone else would like to do some compatibility testing...

Here's Link to a zip file containing 3 sample .JCP data files along with matching results files from yesterday's race cards (12-17-2011.)

The files are populated with HDW data and were created using JCapper file export routines:
http://www.jcapper.com/messageboard/reports/samplefiles_12172011.zip

-jp

Speed Figure
12-19-2011, 01:15 AM
I changed to .jcp to .drf and it loaded fine into my program. Is there anything like the bris custom pp generator to see all of the pp's? and what's the price for the data and results?

Jeff P
12-19-2011, 10:49 AM
Is there anything like the bris custom pp generator to see all of the pp's? and what's the price for the data and results?Yes. The FREE version of JCapper Silver comes with the following software modules:

• HDW File Mgr and Download Tool
A professional file download tool that enables you to (quickly) queue up and download past performance data and chart results files.

As a JCapper Flex Plan Subscriber, this module will enable you to generate industry standard comma delimited text past performance data and results files (populated with HDW Data) that are not just JCapper compatible - but compatible with other programs and spreadsheets too.

• JCapper DFM and Card Loader
This module enables you to persist multiple data folders (and quickly toggle back and forth between them) so that you can get to the files of any single folder on your hard drive(s) with just a few mouse clicks. The module also has a built in drag and drop enabled Card Loader that makes short work of loading past performance data files into JCapper so that you can quickly generate past performances.

• JCapper TripNotes Module
This module is intended for the player who possesses a keen eye (or the player who wants to develop a keen eye.) The module enables the player to persist his or her own Trip Notes for individual horses to a database so that the JCapper Past Performance Generator can display them (along with a revised Speed Fig adjusted for beaten lengths based on your assessment of the trip itself) as part of each running line in past performances rendered by JCapper's Past Performance Generator. This module also enables the player to persist Daily Track Profile Notes and comes with its own Report Generator.

• JCapper Scratch BOT
This module enables you (with just a few mouse clicks) to parse the internet for current scratches and races off the turf. Changes are persisted to your hard drive so that other JCapper Modules can pick them up.

• JCapper Manual Changes Module
This module enables you (with just a few mouse clicks) to manually key in scratches, races off the turf, and changes in track condition as well as changes in distance. Changes are persisted to your hard drive so that other JCapper Modules can pick them up. Intended for situations when a gate scratch occurs and/or you do not have access to an internet connection during live play.

• JCapper Past Performance Generator
This module enables you (with just a few mouse clicks) to generate Past Performances using comma delimited text past performance data files populated with data from HDW (Handicappers Data Warehouse.)

Link to a sample past performance report (Philly Park R2 10/10/2011) generated using the JCapper Past Performance Generator and a .jcp file:
http://www.jcapper.com/messageboard/reports/JCapperPPS_PHA2_10102011.html

...and what's the price for the data and results?

• JCapper Flex Data Plan Description and pricing details available here:
http://www.jcapper.com/JCapperBasicPrelaunch.html

-jp

BIG49010
12-19-2011, 09:06 PM
Jeff,

Can you tell me if your results have the fractional times?

Thanks.

Jeff P
12-19-2011, 10:55 PM
Yes. Access to text chart result files for all North American thoroughbred races run in North America is part of the data subscription.

The HDW text chart results file contains every piece of data you see (visually) when you look at an official chart.

Here's a link to a pdf that contains field mapping for this file:
http://www.jcapper.com/messageboard/reports/Comma_Delimited_Charts_Spec.pdf

And for anyone who wants to do some compatibility testing, here's a link to a zip file containing the HDW Text Chart Results File for the Sunday 11-18-2011 Gulfstream Park card:
http://www.jcapper.com/messageboard/reports/gp1218f.zip

-jp

Capper Al
12-20-2011, 07:31 AM
Yes. Access to text chart result files for all North American thoroughbred races run in North America is part of the data subscription.

The HDW text chart results file contains every piece of data you see (visually) when you look at an official chart.

Here's a link to a pdf that contains field mapping for this file:
http://www.jcapper.com/messageboard/reports/Comma_Delimited_Charts_Spec.pdf

And for anyone who wants to do some compatibility testing, here's a link to a zip file containing the HDW Text Chart Results File for the Sunday 11-18-2011 Gulfstream Park card:
http://www.jcapper.com/messageboard/reports/gp1218f.zip

-jp

Jeff,

Do you have a CSV file layout that compares to BRIS' Multicaps (.MCP) files?

Thanks

raybo
12-20-2011, 08:22 AM
Jeff,

Do you have a CSV file layout that compares to BRIS' Multicaps (.MCP) files?

Thanks

The industry standard format that Jeff mentioned in a previous post is the standard file format that Brisnet uses for both their .drf and .mcp data files. The only difference between the 2 files, regarding format, is that in the .mcp format, some fields have data in them (like RR and CR), which are blank fields in the .drf format. The data is in the same field locations in both files.

windoor
12-20-2011, 09:22 AM
I have a number of custom Excel apps (thanks to Harry) that use the .JCP files without incident. It was the only way to get "my" factor set into a database.

Jeff has also worked with me to get things to my liking within J/Capper.

Couldn't be happier with the results. It was worth the effort.

Regards,

Windoor

permenbg
12-25-2011, 10:35 AM
can you please tell me about your download tool ? does it download from bris,DRF and other? can you pick what to download? and can i just buy the tool?

thanks
permenbg
bpermenter@gt.rr.com

speed
12-25-2011, 11:33 AM
can you please tell me about your download tool ? does it download from bris,DRF and other? can you pick what to download? and can i just buy the tool?

thanks
permenbg
bpermenter@gt.rr.com
I know with HTR it is an HTR specific download which comes from HDW. Guessing it is the same with Jcap.

permenbg
12-31-2011, 12:48 PM
thanks for the reply

bobby