PDA

View Full Version : ads on pace ?

judd
12-17-2011, 03:07 PM
whats with all the single photos of single guys---cheeze
my wife said what the heck are you on--i said its a horse forum--then she saw girl photos --yikes !!! :mad: :bang: :mad: :lol: :eek:

Grits
12-17-2011, 03:21 PM
WOW, Judd, glad to know its not just me getting these. Finally.:lol:

judd
12-17-2011, 03:28 PM
yea, i wait till my wife goes downstairs before i log on--cheeze :D

johnhannibalsmith
12-17-2011, 03:35 PM
Yeah I was starting to get a complex that this site seems hell-bent on suggesting that I meet single men in my area...

PaceAdvantage
12-17-2011, 03:41 PM
All I'm getting are single women...what sites have you guys been looking at... :lol:

Not that there's anything wrong with that... ;)

BTW, these ads are usually triggered from sites you've visited in the past...or...it could be that dating sites like these (match, etc.) gear up for an all out assault during the holidays...and that's why we're seeing so many lately...

Always remember PaceAdvantage.com has always been free (let's face it, it wouldn't exist anymore if I did charge...lol) and after that server crash back in May, no longer cheap to operate, so I appreciate if you see anything that interests you in those ads (cute guy or cute girl, an investment opportunity, or whatever), give it a click...you'll be helping me out... :lol:

PaceAdvantage
12-17-2011, 03:42 PM
whats with all the single photos of single guys---cheeze
my wife said what the heck are you on--i said its a horse forum--then she saw girl photos --yikes !!! :mad: :bang: :mad: :lol: :eek:The ads don't know whether you're a man or a woman...they're not that good...yet....

johnhannibalsmith
12-17-2011, 03:46 PM
Hmmm.... guess I better stop reading the Yahoo comments section on the Sandusky stories...

:blush: :D

judd
12-17-2011, 04:02 PM
All I'm getting are single women...what sites have you guys been looking at... :lol:

Not that there's anything wrong with that... ;)

BTW, these ads are usually triggered from sites you've visited in the past...or...it could be that dating sites like these (match, etc.) gear up for an all out assault during the holidays...and that's why we're seeing so many lately...

Always remember PaceAdvantage.com has always been free (let's face it, it wouldn't exist anymore if I did charge...lol) and after that server crash back in May, no longer cheap to operate, so I appreciate if you see anything that interests you in those ads (cute guy or cute girl, an investment opportunity, or whatever), give it a click...you'll be helping me out... :lol:
im sorry dont belive that, unless my wife has been looking at men sites !!!!!!

bigmack
12-17-2011, 04:03 PM
Target marketing is getting razor sharp. They're trying to portray Mr. T's orangutan as a homosexy'all. :eek:

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/macktime/funny-monkey-2.jpg

Grits
12-17-2011, 04:12 PM
I'm trying to get the ornaments on this darn tree that's been up, with only the lights on it for a week now. Nekkid almost.

I can't resist though I have to tell you guys.

Told Match.com I wasn't registering and I wasn't interested in their ugly men (or the women they're sending me either)!

I keep getting Zappo's shoe ads on here and on Cj's site. I'm one of their good VIP customers. :lol:

In other words, Match.com needs to give up on me --- I'm obviously not their type. Zappo's realizes I'm a "shoe wh*re". :lol:

judd
12-17-2011, 04:21 PM
I'm trying to get the ornaments on this darn tree that's been up, with only the lights on it for a week now. Nekkid almost.

I can't resist though I have to tell you guys.

Told Match.com I wasn't registering and I wasn't interested in their ugly men (or the women they're sending me either)!

I keep getting Zappo's shoe ads on here and on Cj's site. I'm one of their good VIP customers. :lol:

In other words, Match.com needs to give up on me --- I'm obviously not their type. Zappo's realizes I'm a "shoe wh*re". :lol:

darn tree

PaceAdvantage
12-17-2011, 04:27 PM
im sorry dont belive that, unless my wife has been looking at men sites !!!!!!What don't you understand? The ads are for dating sites for both men and women. Sometimes they show men, sometimes they show women...it's not a gay thing...relax... :lol:

judd
12-17-2011, 04:30 PM
What don't you understand? The ads are for dating sites for both men and women. Sometimes they show men, sometimes they show women...it's not a gay thing...relax... :lol:
that doesnt bother me, what the problem is my wife sees these asian photos of girls, then single guys in my area--thats what the problem is !!!
have to sign on when she goes to target

PaceAdvantage
12-17-2011, 06:27 PM
If it's a serious problem, I can always ban match.com... :lol:

It's just a commercial...tell your wife it's the same as if you were watching TV...it's just an ad for one of them online dating sites...

Dave Schwartz
12-17-2011, 06:44 PM
Okay, how about this idea...

If you click each ad once, two things happen:

1. PA gets paid.
2. The ad purchaser has to pay.

Assuming they are not getting a ton of business from this deal, it is then costing them money, which is a natural deterrent.

Of course, the bad news is that now they will think you really ARE interested and you will get even more ads.
:bang:

Dave

thaskalos
12-18-2011, 12:04 AM
What don't you understand? The ads are for dating sites for both men and women. Sometimes they show men, sometimes they show women...it's not a gay thing...relax... :lol:
I don't know about that...I only see photos of smiling men.

I tried clicking on the photos in order to generate some income for you...and, as a result, I now get emails informing me whenever a good-looking guy moves into my neighborhood. :)

PaceAdvantage
12-18-2011, 02:40 AM
No you don't...really? Emails? I find that hard to believe...what site was that for? I'm gonna kick them...

PaceAdvantage
12-18-2011, 02:41 AM
I don't know about that...I only see photos of smiling men.Computers are smart, but not that smart.

How does the ad know the sex of the person viewing it?

Tom
12-18-2011, 08:11 AM
[QUOTE=bigmack]Target marketing is getting razor sharp. They're trying to portray Mr. T's orangutan as a homosexy'all. :eek:

Don't mess with the monkey.......
Ee3L9BQQ4Gs

chickenhead
12-18-2011, 10:55 AM
I only get girls pitched my way -- no dudes.

Grits
12-18-2011, 11:05 AM
Computers are smart, but not that smart.

How does the ad know the sex of the person viewing it?

The ad may not know, but I think the site and its administrators know PLENTY. Particular sites are targeted, and too, I believe this is an indicator of how much one is being tracked online by Match, by Google, and others.

As I said previously, I haven't been to their site but twice. EVER. It holds no interest to me whatsoever. Still, after several of us were discussing the Match site, here, yesterday afternoon--Last night after 10 pm, I clicked my PA bookmark in the side bar, and instead of coming here, I was sent directly to Match. Automatically. No Pace Advantage came up at all. I had to close the Match site and click again to get here. Honestly guys, I swear this, I kid you not.

This is harassment! This bunch of losers in their desperation to get new sign ups are starting to get on my nerves. I never use the word--losers--but it applies this time. This is just damn ridiculous!

Rookies
12-18-2011, 11:31 AM

Okay, okay Grits... I didn't mention the single, guy ads:rolleyes: :blush: . I figured you already knew me...:lol:

Notdatdere'sanytingwrongwithdat!

chickenhead
12-18-2011, 11:38 AM
I just got an Omaha Steaks ad, I was on their site last night looking for gifts. I believe that's called "retargeting" in the ad biz.

Omaha steaks, Citi bank credit card, and single gurls. Party at my house!

badcompany
12-18-2011, 11:39 AM
I don't know about that...I only see photos of smiling men.

I tried clicking on the photos in order to generate some income for you...and, as a result, I now get emails informing me whenever a good-looking guy moves into my neighborhood. :)

http://blogue.us/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/APP_Richard.jpg

Grits
12-18-2011, 11:39 AM
I just got an Omaha Steaks ad, I was on their site last night looking for gifts. I believe that's called "retargeting" in the ad biz.

Omaha steaks, Citi bank credit card, and single gurls. Party at my house!

I'm on the next plane out, Chickie. Tell the bride, a PA friend from the east coast is flying in.:lol:

Grits
12-18-2011, 11:41 AM
Okay, okay Grits... I didn't mention the single, guy ads:rolleyes: :blush: . I figured you already knew me...:lol:

Notdatdere'sanytingwrongwithdat!

I do, Rookies, and there's NOTHING about you that would remotely cause me to think--guy hunting. :lol:

Valuist
12-18-2011, 11:44 AM
I don't mind as long as the ads for sugarfresh16 and constellation300 come up. Kind of partial to those long haired brunette women.

Jay Trotter
12-18-2011, 01:26 PM
I JUST SIGNED UP -- THANKS PA
http://latalklive.com/new/templates/talklive/images/hosts/planet_love_match.jpg

chickenhead
12-18-2011, 01:37 PM
Trotter inspired me, I also signed up for match.com to pad Mikes b-roll.

Most of these women look crazy and dangerous. And nothing like constellation300. Damn you internet.

thaskalos
12-18-2011, 01:39 PM
I signed up too!

What is life without adventure?

PaceAdvantage
12-18-2011, 02:08 PM
Last night after 10 pm, I clicked my PA bookmark in the side bar, and instead of coming here, I was sent directly to Match. Automatically. No Pace Advantage came up at all. I had to close the Match site and click again to get here. Honestly guys, I swear this, I kid you not.So you're saying the Match.com ad temporarily changed your bookmark link? But then switched it back after that one time?

I think something else went amiss there...like perhaps you accidentally clicked the mouse button twice in the very spot the match.com ad was about to appear on the PA page, and went there instead, but made it appear to you as if it went directly to match...

That's my theory anyway...

Ain't this fun? :lol:

You know, I could stop match from advertising here with the click of my mouse...

Grits
12-18-2011, 02:26 PM
Click your mouse. But then, if you do, your cost to run this room may skyrocket even more.

Want me to send you a check? You know I'm willing to.

I wish Match would belly up. Either that or folks would go back to hanging out in bars, joining like minded clubs, church groups . . . whatever. Anything but looking for love online.:lol:

PaceAdvantage
12-18-2011, 02:56 PM
After the holidays, I'm betting the match ads will disappear...I'm seeing nothing but match and eharmony ads on TV these past couple of weeks as well.

As someone pointed out earlier, I think this is part of a holiday advertising rush...

nijinski
12-18-2011, 03:20 PM
I guess I'm in trouble , I get alot of the horse rescue / retirement adds.

Valuist
12-18-2011, 03:52 PM
If those ads for mint snuff come up on here that are on TVG 100 times a day, I think it will be time to take a break from the site.