PDA

View Full Version : Black Box Automated Systems (revisited)

Warren Henry
12-16-2011, 05:12 PM
Been a while since I asked questions about building an automated system for downloading data, maintaining a database, wagering, etc. Had to go off to work to build a bank roll to pay for the system. I have gambling money, just didn't have system money :D

Question 1. Which data source is the easiest/best to use for setting up automatic downloading of data and processing. I have my own theories on how to make the selections, so I don't really need actual handicapping tools from another vendor. I also don't require any of the proprietory factors produced by other vendors, I can do what I need with BRIS compatible PP and Results files. My only requirement is to be able to fully automate the acquisition of the data and the processing of that data into my own database.

I am led to believe that HDW has the cleanest data and they have reasonably priced monthly plans. But, do they provide data to individuals who are not customers of other software products. If they will not provide data directly, are any of the other software products capable of being fully automated for creation of the data to feed into my own system.

2low
12-16-2011, 05:51 PM
I have no idea if it's the best way, but I've automated the process in excel, using BRIS multi-file data files and results files. My black box in training is all excel at this point, but I believe any database can import the data once it's converted by excel. I could be wrong about that.

I simply download the data from BRIS, then push a button and today's results are recorded, then tomorrow's races are handicapped automatically.

All that said, it ain't cheap. there may be a better way/cheaper data that's just as good or better.

Also, a newer version of excel may be able to handle the single file format of the BRIS PPs. I'm running 2003 I think.

openhorse
12-16-2011, 06:49 PM
Hello,

I have been using free HTML for 3 years now in an automated black box system. 24 hour updates.

PM for more info.

Dave Schwartz
12-16-2011, 08:03 PM
Warren, call me and I'll get you set up with HDW and my software as an export tool.

Dave