PDA

View Full Version : Hollywood Park Thursday

cj
12-13-2011, 04:33 PM
They having trouble filling races again? No entries posted for Thursday or Friday yet.

Spalding No!
12-13-2011, 05:27 PM
They having trouble filling races again? No entries posted for Thursday or Friday yet.

The last two weeks of the meet, they decided to try and extend to 5 days by carding on Wednesday. Last week they got it done, though I hear there was only about 15 people in attendance on Wednesday (I don't think Hollywood Park did much to alert the public that they were actually going to run on the last two Wednesdays).

Santa Anita did this last year and successfully filled the Wednesday card. Of course, they had to cancel Thursday's.

Geniuses, I tell you.

BlueShoe
12-13-2011, 05:29 PM
Thursday entries are up on the Equibase site. Short fields on both Wednesday and Thursday, perhaps going five days not the best idea.

lamboguy
12-13-2011, 06:50 PM
my vote for racing secretary of the year has to be the guy from Sulfolk Downs. i have no idea how he filled so many races the whole year. he got horses to come from all over for rotten purses to make the races go.

bob60566
12-13-2011, 07:18 PM
Socal Has no direction on where it is going or what the end result will be.

This has not happened overnight.

Mac:ThmbDown: :ThmbDown: :ThmbDown:

chico9166
12-14-2011, 07:52 PM
Just when i thought Hollywood couldn't suck more, they put together a weds card. All i can say is, are you kidding me? There were guys in the OTB literally laughing at that product. That is, until the incredibly boring, uncompetitive racing began. It got so bad, people were betting Dover. Another winning move by this joke of a track.

toussaud
12-14-2011, 09:09 PM
seriously, they should put the Hollywood Futurity the same day as the Starlet (I got it right lol), and stop HP racing all together like last week, give a 2-3 week break until santa anita

this time of year is brutal for HP every year.