PDA

View Full Version : Best service for making automated bets with a computer program\black box

podonne
12-13-2011, 04:21 PM
Hi All,

Been away from the game for a while and I see there have been some consolidations (No more YouBet, TSN unlimited data plan, where did you go?).

Curious what's the best ADW\market service right now if I want to make bets with a black box (automate the betting process). Ideally using something like XML, REST, or JSON, but a site with a very simple GUI or a mobile-friendly version might work as well. I remember a service with a flat file betting service, but don't remember the name.

Any ideas? Does anyone here have an automated way of making bets and would consider sharing which book they use?

Thanks,
podonne

Ted Craven
12-13-2011, 04:52 PM
Podonne,

Several ADWs have file upload abilities into their conditional wagering queues (AmWest, PTC, TwinSpires). So far, I like AmWest's best in that all the nuances of their conditional wagering module are also expressible in their upload file. You should expect to be able to submit a few hundred separate wagers in the last minute before post (or your defined timeframe). Your software, or other software such as Dave Schwartz' anticipated offering, or my own RDSS offering later this Winter should allow you to compose wagers to a file spec and upload them using these (or your) software as the front-end.

I spent some time working with HTML automation of TwinSpires wagering queue, and from my research decided that file upload was just as easy and way simpler to program.

You can find file specs from any of the above ADWs, and if you don't have an account, I can help you get signed up with some pretty good rebates to boot.

Good luck,

Ted

sjk
12-13-2011, 05:59 PM
Twinspires Upload Draft works for me. I am totally automated with same clicks for every race.