PDA

View Full Version : Michael Savage (Weiner) Publicity Stunt

Ocala Mike
12-13-2011, 04:02 PM
He has offered Newt $1 million to quit the race.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog/watercooler/2011/dec/12/savage-hey-newt-heres-1-million-quit/

Good move for both of them, really. Doc Savage gets free publicity, and Newt can get mileage out of this by claiming that the Romney forces are behind the offer.

Ocala Mike

ArlJim78
12-13-2011, 05:09 PM
Newt is really causing people to lose their minds. He's got Savage backing Romney and Glenn Beck supporting Ron Paul!

boxcar
12-13-2011, 05:25 PM
Newt is really causing people to lose their minds. He's got Savage backing Romney and Glenn Beck supporting Ron Paul!

Beck just denied that this morning. He said would vote for Paul but only as a last resort. Hardly Beck's first choice.

Newt is scary because oftentimes he is the smartest guy in the room. The Left is terrified of him which is why Obama's people have publicly stated they fear Romney the most. So, we know they're lying through their rotten teeth.

Boxcar

TJDave
12-13-2011, 05:25 PM
1 million wouldn't pay Newt's jewelry bill.

Rookies
12-13-2011, 06:18 PM
Beck just denied that this morning. He said would vote for Paul but only as a last resort. Hardly Beck's first choice.

Newt is scary because oftentimes he is the smartest guy in the room. The Left is terrified of him which is why Obama's people have publicly stated they fear Romney the most. So, we know they're lying through their rotten teeth.

Boxcar

Nice try, Boxie!:lol: Eye of Newt always THINKS he's the smartest guy in the room; he's certainly the most despised.

Dems are rubbing tgheir hands with glee, hoping this tired old re-tread, with more baggage than Sisyphus actually wins! I'll get my dough down on the President immediately if that ever happened.

But it won't. Even you Cons will come to your senses to prevent that from transpiring and turning Dem defeat into certain Victory!

NJ Stinks
12-13-2011, 06:41 PM

Boxcar

Turn off the radio. Immediately.

It's for your own good, Boxcar.

ArlJim78
12-13-2011, 07:50 PM

Boxcar
but what is he really denying if by last resort he means if Newt is the nominee?
Frankly even to say he would vote for Paul under any circumstance is an eye opener.

PaceAdvantage
12-13-2011, 08:57 PM
Nice try, Boxie!:lol: Eye of Newt always THINKS he's the smartest guy in the room; he's certainly the most despised.

Dems are rubbing tgheir hands with glee, hoping this tired old re-tread, with more baggage than Sisyphus actually wins! I'll get my dough down on the President immediately if that ever happened.

But it won't. Even you Cons will come to your senses to prevent that from transpiring and turning Dem defeat into certain Victory!Now you sound like us "right-leaners" sounded when Kerry was about to become the nominee for 2004... :lol:

Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory has ALWAYS been the DOMAIN of the DEMOCRATS.

horses4courses
12-13-2011, 09:05 PM
Now you sound like us "right-leaners" sounded when Kerry was about to become the nominee for 2004... :lol:

Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory has ALWAYS been the DOMAIN of the DEMOCRATS.

There'll be no Kerry in 2012.

In the meantime, the GOP conservatives can't abide Romney who, according to polls, is their only electable candidate, right now.
The public is highly unlikely to get behind Newt.

Wotcha gonna do???

PaceAdvantage
12-13-2011, 09:28 PM
I know there's no Kerry in 2012...not my point.

The election is way too far off and Obama is too weak of an incumbent to make any clear cut predictions...IMO

Add to that the totally unpredictable and teetering on the brink economy (especially when it comes to any potential impact from a Euro-catastrophe), and you should realize that anyone betting on Obama, NO MATTER who the Republican candidate is, is only fooling themselves if they think they have any sort of slam dunk.

boxcar
12-13-2011, 09:52 PM

Yeah...and that's why they're publicly stating that they're scared to death of Romney, right?

You're out of your league, Rooks. Stick to Canadian politics. At least you might fool someone into believing that for once you know of what you speak. :rolleyes:

Boxcar

boxcar
12-13-2011, 09:54 PM
There'll be no Kerry in 2012.

In the meantime, the GOP conservatives can't abide Romney who, according to polls, is their only electable candidate, right now.
The public is highly unlikely to get behind Newt.

Wotcha gonna do???

The public is very likely to get behind anyone but BO. This election people will be voting with their wallets and pocketbooks in mind.

Boxcar

Rookies
12-13-2011, 10:30 PM
Yeah...and that's why they're publicly stating that they're scared to death of Romney, right?

You're out of your league, Rooks. Stick to Canadian politics. At least you might fool someone into believing that for once you know of what you speak. :rolleyes:

Boxcar

Boxie, I stick to this. It totally nailed the previous election. Until it changes, Newt would take an ass kicking!

Newt would be the early Christmas gift for the President, that keeps on giving. Running against a 1%er who not only thinks he's smarter than everyone, he conveys it- daily! THAT, does not go over well with anyone today.

I'm sure you've heard of hubris; Newt is the picture besides the def.;)

Plus, his own personal foibles on ditching 2 wives and being on the take for a boatload of Wall Street $$$ for what was it... oh yeah 'consulting' fees...:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: as in consulting the places I've just acquired in the Caymans.
DOA.

General Election: Gingrich vs. Obama

PollDateSampleObama (D)Gingrich (R)SpreadRCP
Average11/8 - 12/11--49.3 41.9Obama +7.4
NBC News/Wall St. Jrnl (http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/i/MSNBC/Sections/NEWS/A_Politics/_Today_Stories_Teases/111213DecNBCWSJpoll.pdf)12/7 - 12/11RV5140Obama +11
Rasmussen Reports (http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/elections/election_2012/election_2012_presidential_election/2012_presidential_matchups)12/6 - 12/71000 LV4540Obama +5
FOX News (http://www.foxnews.com/interactive/politics/2011/12/08/fox-news-poll-gop-presidential-race/)12/5 - 12/7911 RV4640Obama +6
Quinnipiac (http://www.quinnipiac.edu/x1295.xml?ReleaseID=1676)11/14 - 11/202552 RV4940Obama +9
CNN/Opinion Research (http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2011/images/11/14/rel18b.pdf)11/11 - 11/13925 RV5345Obama +8
Pew Research (http://www.people-press.org/files/legacy-pdf/11-17-11%20Politics%20Release.pdf)11/9 - 11/141576 RV5442Obama +12
PPP (D) (http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/pdf/2011/PPP_Release_US_1115513.pdf)11/10 - 11/13800 RV4943Obama +6
McClatchy/Marist (http://www.mcclatchydc.com/2011/11/15/130402/poll-gingrich-scores-best-vs-obama.html)11/8 - 11/10872 RV4745Obama +2

bigmack
12-13-2011, 10:38 PM
I remember listening to 'Savage' and laughing my ass off on occasion. Came a time I found him intolerable and haven't heard him since. 'Bout 3 years ago.

Fact is, his schtick is exponential megalomania. I can only imagine what Weiner is like around the house. That whole 'Jew not wild about being a Jew' thing is always awkward. From what I remember he lays HEAVILY into lawyers that are Jewish.

He should go back to Weiner.

riskman
12-13-2011, 11:45 PM
This character and the Newt have a lot in common.
Probably can throw Savage in as well.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/32/Alice_in_Wonderland_3_1951.jpg

newtothegame
12-14-2011, 12:04 AM
The public is very likely to get behind anyone but BO. This election people will be voting with their wallets and pocketbooks in mind.

Boxcar
You're right on point Box. Most people, myself included, have said "ANYONE but Obama". And that's spreading like wildfire. I see this as an indictment on Obama himself. When large numbers of people are saying "anyone but...." well it goes to say a lot.
Sure Newt has baggage...what politician doesn't?
Funny how someone in this thread mentioned newt as a 1%er.....lol
Not saying he isn't or is...first, I would need someone to define what constitutes a 1%. I know they say the "rich"....Rich is a term to me to describe those that have substantially more then myself. So someone with say five million in assets would constitute "rich" to me.
If 1%er means in the top ONE percent of the wealthy in the U.S...I would like to see a link backing up that claim.
Then they mention that newt has gotten money from wall street....I seem to recall The dems getting quite alot in contributions from wall strteet as well...so how does that shake with what is being portrayed???
Point is this.....ANYONE BUT OBAMA!
It's not about his money....
It's not about his skin color....
It's not about 57 state remark.....
It's not about his wife eating ribs while telling us to eat smarter.....
IT IS ABOUT HIS TRANSFORMATION OF AMERICA!
So, Newt, Romney, hell I would take Hillary right now in a pinch! lol Doesn't matter. This guy, in my opinion, is BAD for america and what she stands for!

NJ Stinks
12-14-2011, 01:49 AM
You're right on point Box. Most people, myself included, have said "ANYONE but Obama". And that's spreading like wildfire. I see this as an indictment on Obama himself. When large numbers of people are saying "anyone but...." well it goes to say a lot.

I'm not hearing 'anyone but Obama' from 'most people'. In fact, I'm hearing anybody but a Republican from lots of people.

Although I will add that people that don't like Obama shout it from the highest mountain.

newtothegame
12-14-2011, 01:57 AM
I'm not hearing 'anyone but Obama' from 'most people'. In fact, I'm hearing anybody but a Republican from lots of people.

Although I will add that people that don't like Obama shout it from the highest mountain.
"most" people I associate with...use that term. "Most" people YOU associate with , I wouldnt imagine they would. Bottom line is come election day, we will find out what the majority believes.
I could show you polls showing this is a right leaning country...but again in your circles it means nothing. And honestly NJ, you would take ANYONE who is willing to spend someone elses money!

newtothegame
12-14-2011, 01:58 AM
http://logo.cafepress.com/nocache/4/4140184.jpg (http://www.upyoursobama.com/)

NJ Stinks
12-14-2011, 02:54 AM
And honestly NJ, you would take ANYONE who is willing to spend someone elses money!

I live in state where residents are heavily taxed particularly when it comes to property taxes. As far as I know, nobody has ever paid my property taxes for me. Nor has anyone ever paid any other tax on my behalf.

You make it sound like I'm going to get or will continue to get some kind of free ride on someone else's money if Obama is re-elected. Like I'm somehow immune to taxes because of someone else's money.

In fact, all I want is for everyone to pay their fair share. Nothing more. Nothing less.

newtothegame
12-14-2011, 07:50 AM
I live in state where residents are heavily taxed particularly when it comes to property taxes. As far as I know, nobody has ever paid my property taxes for me. Nor has anyone ever paid any other tax on my behalf.

You make it sound like I'm going to get or will continue to get some kind of free ride on someone else's money if Obama is re-elected. Like I'm somehow immune to taxes because of someone else's money.

In fact, all I want is for everyone to pay their fair share. Nothing more. Nothing less.
As has been ASKED MANY TIMES...define "fair share".........?????????

NJ Stinks
12-14-2011, 11:57 AM
As has been ASKED MANY TIMES...define "fair share".........?????????

Today I would settle for 40% as the maximum income tax rate.

When this country was last able to actually pay it's bills without going into debt, the maximum income tax rate was 50% on earned income and 70% on passive income. And capital gains were taxed at a max rate of 36.5%. That was in the 1970's. Of course, back then most affluent people could only afford one or two vacation homes. Times were really hard on those folks back then. :rolleyes:

And then there is today. The maximum tax rate on earned and passive income is 35%. Capital gains are at taxed at 15%. The $$ level to be considered superrich skyrockets annually. So does the country's debts. Yet people deny there is any correlation between these two items year after year.

Forgot the link:

http://www.ctj.org/pdf/regcg.pdf

toetoe
12-14-2011, 09:37 PM

Please advise whose fair share is what, O Dissembler-in-Chief.

I make $27,000 per year. What's my fair share ?

What's the share of an ablebodied slacker with little or no reportable income ? Please give a figure or stow the 'fair share' bilge. :ThmbDown:

NJ Stinks
12-14-2011, 10:27 PM
Please advise whose fair share is what, O Dissembler-in-Chief.

I make $27,000 per year. What's my fair share ?

What's the share of an ablebodied slacker with little or no reportable income ? Please give a figure or stow the 'fair share' bilge. :ThmbDown:

Because it's you TT, $24G's will do. Wouldn't want to deprive you of the thrill of playing the ponies. :cool:

As for your second question, you can't get blood out of a rock and you can't get tax revenue from someone with little or no income. Most people seem to understand that but not so much here in Off Topic.

newtothegame
12-15-2011, 01:33 AM
Because it's you TT, $24G's will do. Wouldn't want to deprive you of the thrill of playing the ponies. :cool:

As for your second question, you can't get blood out of a rock and you can't get tax revenue from someone with little or no income. Most people seem to understand that but not so much here in Off Topic.

Amazingly, you skipped right over the part of TT's post about "able bodied slackers"......
So, what you're really saying is if one doesn't wish to pay (those able bodied slackers), then they are ENTITLED to not pay?????
Good thing more people in this country don't have that attitude!!! :lol:

Tom
12-15-2011, 08:25 AM
Here's the deal - if we crack down on the frauds, we free up more resources for those who really need it, and who no conservative I know begrudges.
We take care of those who need it, and we kick ass of those who do not.