PDA

View Full Version : Race Simulator

Handiman
12-12-2011, 01:54 AM
I'm in the midst of writing a race simulator. I would like some input as to how or what factors and adjustments to consider when addressing racing luck, track conditions... stuff that there is not normally a hard and fast measurable factor for....at least that is my hope.

Thanks,
Handi:)

BIG HIT
12-12-2011, 08:33 AM
This just a possible suggestion.Use Jockey stats on run-style of horse he is riding today.And his stat for off track.Wouldn't that kinda tell you how good or lucky he is in that particular situation.That only way i would think you could fig luck

ikeika
12-12-2011, 05:23 PM
Are you trying to write a program that reads the past performances and plays like the old "Quarter Pole/Hooves of Thunder" games?

Handiman
12-13-2011, 01:45 AM
I have a couple of processes by which the computer reads a data file and pulls out certain info, manipulates it and predicts where the horses will be at the different calls. But racing is not that straight forward I know. In each race there is a certain amount of random luck, the condition of the track makes a difference too, whether hard and fast or wet and slow. Some are even slightly wet and fast.

So I am trying to add in a bit of mystery if that sounds right for each race. Along the lines of adding 1 to 10% of random luck to each or some combination of horses. Something like that.

Handiman
12-13-2011, 08:05 AM
I realize this is redboarding, but thought it was interesting anyway. Testing my simulator, even in it's crude state as of now, at Mountaineer last night, It picked the $59 winner. I haven't tested many tracks yet, but this has been it's best pick so far. I have tested about 8 tracks so far. But still want to fine tune it a bit.

PS. Testing only not playing it's picks or betting money. Want to make that clear. This is not about some big score I actually made.

stuball
12-13-2011, 11:02 AM
I am constantly amazed by you Handi...I am interested in your trials and tribulations in horse racing....know that you have physical problems makes what you do all the more interesting and amazing..I have had a year of physical
problems myself although mine pale in comparison to yours...I want you to
know that I am constantly searching for the same answers as you...if I can be of any help in your work contact me..ok?

Stuball

raybo
12-15-2011, 08:53 AM
My latest project:

Handiman
12-16-2011, 09:46 PM
To a certain degree. I guess most would be actually, cause there is only so many ways of looking at a data file.

Very Cool Raybo!!!

Handi :)