PDA

View Full Version : finally a great debate

lamboguy
12-10-2011, 11:06 PM
tonights republican debate was the best one to date so far. it gave you a better picture of every candidate, and who can act the best when under pressure.

this was more of a professional debate. i believe they had 2 great moderators that ran it, Diane Sawyer and George Stephanopolis, both knew how to ask questions, and how to keep the debate focused. i think that this was the first debate that was on a major unbiased television network.

if you plan on voting in a republican primary and missed this debate, i strongly urge you to watch the replay of this event.

Tom
12-10-2011, 11:51 PM
Kind of like dancing bears.

sammy the sage
12-11-2011, 07:27 AM
Kind of like dancing muppets or actually puppets.

Thar, fixed it fore ya Tom ;)

jognlope
12-11-2011, 09:54 AM
Liked each one of them for something they said, like leaving health care to states, Romney. Even though it's kind of a cover my ass platform, he's right. But maybe not. A national health care plan, just tweeked a little, could be the one B!2 shot in the arm this country needs. And how to get a national medical data base that filters out excessive care, if not by a national health care structure. But it needs fixing. A fine for not offering insurance, no good, a jobs killer. Most employers are willing to insure their employees and with the HC bill, it'll be at a lower cost, but the fine is soooo bad.

Was Newt being honest about only being for individual mandate to oppose Hilary care?

Liked Bachman, proud of her. She's going to go places and even though she makes historical accuracy mistakes, she conducts herself so well and does make me proud. That accent, though, could someone dissect it for me? North Island/Minnesota?

I love Ron Paul, can't help it, he's like a revved up country doc, make sense too.

Anyway.... would like to hear your opinions of each.

BELMONT 6-6-09
12-11-2011, 10:26 AM
Just once I would like to hear a presidential candidate step up and say the folowing" I love this country and want to be your president. I will make mistakes on occasion if I am president because I am human. However, all of my decisions will be based on the love of country and it's citizens."

Is it possible to have a condidate that is straight forward and can appeal to the masses as honest, hard working .?

Tom
12-11-2011, 11:01 AM
Is it possible to have a condidate that is straight forward and can appeal to the masses as honest, hard working .?

Yes.

Bet you $10,000. :rolleyes: :D

BELMONT 6-6-09
12-11-2011, 11:06 AM
I agree Tom. After the discrace we now have in office the time is now for a president to be honest and straight forward in his comments and reactions to the voting public. They have to realize we are not as dumb as the democrats think we are!!!

lamboguy
12-11-2011, 11:13 AM
Liked each one of them for something they said, like leaving health care to states, Romney. Even though it's kind of a cover my ass platform, he's right. But maybe not. A national health care plan, just tweeked a little, could be the one B!2 shot in the arm this country needs. And how to get a national medical data base that filters out excessive care, if not by a national health care structure. But it needs fixing. A fine for not offering insurance, no good, a jobs killer. Most employers are willing to insure their employees and with the HC bill, it'll be at a lower cost, but the fine is soooo bad.

Was Newt being honest about only being for individual mandate to oppose Hilary care?

Liked Bachman, proud of her. She's going to go places and even though she makes historical accuracy mistakes, she conducts herself so well and does make me proud. That accent, though, could someone dissect it for me? North Island/Minnesota?

I love Ron Paul, can't help it, he's like a revved up country doc, make sense too.

Anyway.... would like to hear your opinions of each.no doubt michelle rose up from the dead and was very presentable. i thought rick santorum did very well but didn't get enough time. he needs to find some votes somewhere to get the exposure.

the one thing about bachman compared to the others is that she seems to be doing this run for the president thing because she truly loves this country and has very little to benefit personally.

having lived a few of my early years in a town next to Duluth Minn. a small town called Superior, Wisconsin. i did not detect the accent that well.

reckless
12-12-2011, 01:50 PM

Anyway.... would like to hear your opinions of each.

Michelle Bachmann was born in Iowa. She made a reference of her parents divorcing when she was younger. I presume her mom moved to Minnesota at the time.

Too bad the GOP establishment hate conservative women, as Bachmann would wipe the floor with Barry Oh-no Bama in a debate or the election campaign.

As I understand it, many of those running Bachmann's campaign are affiliated somewhat with the cowardly John Boehner, which can't help her, imho.

There would be no Obama Care if Christine O'Donnell or Sharron Angle were backed and supported by the GOP establishment.