PDA

View Full Version : TVG discontinues Tampa broadcasts

Al Gobbi
12-09-2011, 05:41 PM
Despite annual increases on the Tampa Bay DownsThoroughbred signal through its advance deposit wagering(ADW) platform since 2007, the TVG network has chosen not to telecast Thoroughbred racing from the track for the foreseeable future. The Tampa Bay Downs signal continues to be broadcast on a limited basis by HRTV.

“The ball is in their court,” said Tampa Bay Downs Vice President and General Manager Peter Berube. “They have severely underpaid us for a number of years and we are finally in a position to be compensated at market rates. We are asking them to pay exactly what other market ADWs are paying for our signal.”

http://tampabaydowns.com/

Tom
12-09-2011, 07:09 PM
So what does TVG have left for the winter - besides mindless banter and tape delays for no reason? A fine array of crappy tracks. Might as well turn off the lights and go away, for all the good they are.

Let's hope HRTV step up and realizes what horse players want - TAMPA!!!!

teddy
12-09-2011, 09:48 PM
lost mountaineer too.. retarded.

duncan04
12-10-2011, 12:45 AM

Nah they will stick to the Magna tracks and NYRA. HRTV would rather concentrate on all the other horse "sports" :rolleyes:

Tom
12-10-2011, 10:34 AM
I wonder if they are setting up for barrel racing?

GaryG
12-10-2011, 11:52 AM
RTN is not expensive and WELL worth it. No talking heads, commercials or dip shit's pick fours.

cj
12-10-2011, 02:07 PM
Saturday afternoon and nothing but Aqueduct and really bad quarterhorses at Hialeah...priceless.

olddaddy
12-10-2011, 02:40 PM
Its a real shame no Tampa coverage on TVG and Hrtv on a saturday. You would figure it has to hurt their handle.

CincyHorseplayer
12-10-2011, 09:48 PM
Yeah this stinks.Is there a way to split computer screens with Twinspires video or do you absolutely have to have a 2nd computer?I do(but not hooked up),was just curious.

Tom
12-10-2011, 11:49 PM
Its a real shame no Tampa coverage on TVG and Hrtv on a saturday. You would figure it has to hurt their handle.

This is their master plan to increase track attendance - watch TVG one day and you will fight your way to a track anywhere!

Pretty sad when your hosts outnumber your races. :lol:

JustRalph
12-11-2011, 01:57 AM
Yeah this stinks.Is there a way to split computer screens with Twinspires video or do you absolutely have to have a 2nd computer?I do(but not hooked up),was just curious.

Not sure what you are really asking Cincy?

But if you just want a second window with video........open another browser window or tab and just log in again . I don't even have to log in again using chrome. It recognizes my ip address and just offers me tracks in the new window. I watch 2tracks at a time often. Depends on how good your Internet connection is though.

CincyHorseplayer
12-11-2011, 03:24 AM
Not sure what you are really asking Cincy?

But if you just want a second window with video........open another browser window or tab and just log in again . I don't even have to log in again using chrome. It recognizes my ip address and just offers me tracks in the new window. I watch 2tracks at a time often. Depends on how good your Internet connection is though.

I was just wondering if having 1 computer tower and 2 screens will work.Is there a splitter?Because I have to cancel one to get the other now.I'm unashamedly technologically challenged and this is the place where the cats know!

redshift1
12-11-2011, 03:39 AM
I was just wondering if having 1 computer tower and 2 screens will work.Is there a splitter?Because I have to cancel one to get the other now.I'm unashamedly technologically challenged and this is the place where the cats know!

http://www.microsoft.com/athome/organization/twomonitors.aspx

JustRalph
12-11-2011, 04:26 AM
Check the link red posted. You will need a video card with two outputs. They are cheap nowadays.

I just want you to know you can open multiple versions of your Internet browser and go back and forth, whether it be Firefox, windows explorer or chrome etc

I will try to post few examples for you when I get a chance

JustRalph
12-11-2011, 05:40 PM
I will try to post few examples for you when I get a chance

http://www.justralph.com/storage/two_screens.jpg

This is what my desktop looks like with two different tracks video at the same time. Using Chrome, video is set to 200%.....you can make it smaller if you want. This is on one monitor

sally
12-12-2011, 11:29 AM
Very cool Ralph, thanks! I didn't know I could do this!

CincyHorseplayer
12-12-2011, 11:45 AM
Awesome.Thanks for the tips fellas.

CincyHorseplayer
12-23-2011, 07:29 PM
So what does TVG have left for the winter - besides mindless banter and tape delays for no reason? A fine array of crappy tracks. Might as well turn off the lights and go away, for all the good they are.

Revisiting this thread.Got out of the shower and ran downstairs to see the odds on the 1st.TVG had Hialeah and Ireland on!!!What a great preholiday day of racing.I thought they would see the light by now.

Oh yeah and did anybody that bought the form notice that Turf Paradise's PP's were only 6 lines?What's up with that?

BlueShoe
12-23-2011, 09:23 PM
Tracks TVG will not have this winter; Santa Anita, Golden Gate, Gulfstream, Tampa Bay, Fairgrounds. That leaves Aqueduct, Hawthorne, Turf Paradise, Sunland, and Oaklawn, plus the night tracks. So that is five up during the day, two of them minor tracks, and five down, all of them major tracks? Did I leave something out or make an error?

WPL
12-24-2011, 12:33 AM
Tracks TVG will not have this winter; Santa Anita, Golden Gate, Gulfstream, Tampa Bay, Fairgrounds. That leaves Aqueduct, Hawthorne, Turf Paradise, Sunland, and Oaklawn, plus the night tracks. So that is five up during the day, two of them minor tracks, and five down, all of them major tracks? Did I leave something out or make an error?

If they are competing with instead of cooperating with those who provide content to their shows I just don't understand how they expect to be successful.

That's some business model they are promoting.

They all need some adults in the room when they negotiate that ess-aitch-1-tee.

WPL
12-24-2011, 12:56 AM
IMhO, this thoroughbred sport needs a central authority or commission with a smart person at the helm.
I don't know anybody who watches or cares about the NBA anymore, except the playoffs, but Dave Stern got everybody to the table to do things that were
in everybody's interest and (hopefully) get their game growing and thriving again.
Everybody in the NBA from the players to the owners took a shot in the neck in in terms of their self-interest for the betterment of all. We will see how that plays out over time, but the result is far, far better than what we have seen going on in thoroughbred horse racing for the last 30 years.
This current TVG/track signal fiasco is just another great example of how to run your business into the ground.

Marshall Bennett
12-24-2011, 07:36 AM
I don't see that in such a negative light for TVG. As soon as the Santa Anita meet is over the same case could be made against HRTV. I'm not much of a fan of Tampa racing though, but TVG getting Oaklawn is huge imo.