PDA

View Full Version : Remington Park

cosmo96
12-09-2011, 03:52 PM
Does anyone win at Remington Park? Of course they do, but not me. RP is very inviting with large fields and a lot of longshot winners. The trouble is I can't win anything. I'm a fairly good handicapper, but I can't win anything. It doesn't matter whether it's chaulk or longshot. I've quit playing RP. But, does anyone else have this problem.

maddog42
12-09-2011, 04:38 PM
Does anyone win at Remington Park? Of course they do, but not me. RP is very inviting with large fields and a lot of longshot winners. The trouble is I can't win anything. I'm a fairly good handicapper, but I can't win anything. It doesn't matter whether it's chaulk or longshot. I've quit playing RP. But, does anyone else have this problem.

It seems to be a very good track for someone making their own speed figures.
I am not winning but very close to breaking even.

toussaud
12-09-2011, 05:11 PM
I play their turf races and their higher class dirt races like the stakes program they have for OK breds and stuff like that. I did okay this year.

I treat them alot like I treat Fair Grounds. Those 5k grab bag 14 horse claiming races will kill you at a track like that. You are getting into an entirely new dimension of handicapping when you are talking about trysting to handicap that type of field, you are dealing with (potentially) shoddy trainers, bad jockeys, trainers who are not against holding horses back to get a better price next out. in a 14 horse 5k field liked that at Remington park anything goes.

JustRalph
12-09-2011, 05:26 PM
I am doing pretty well there. I haven't played much though

Keep watching.......I think I am going to eventually make it one of my regular tracks

cj
12-09-2011, 05:26 PM
I play their turf races and their higher class dirt races like the stakes program they have for OK breds and stuff like that. I did okay this year.

Isn't higher class stakes program for OK breds an oxymoron?

bob60566
12-09-2011, 05:37 PM

I treat them alot like I treat Fair Grounds. Those 5k grab bag 14 horse claiming races will kill you at a track like that. You are getting into an entirely new dimension of handicapping when you are talking about trysting to handicap that type of field, you are dealing with (potentially) shoddy trainers, bad jockeys, trainers who are not against holding horses back to get a better price next out. in a 14 horse 5k field liked that at Remington park anything goes.

Exactly true on above pity it closes Sat and Moutineeer has Muddy track this time year.

Mac:)