PDA

View Full Version : He faked using the whip....2yr Suspension

JustRalph
12-08-2011, 03:09 PM
http://www.thoroughbrednews.com.au/singapore-racing/default.aspx?id=56935

Wow! Now that's a suspension

Dave Schwartz
12-08-2011, 03:47 PM
Apparently, integrity matters over there.

What a novel idea.

Midnight Cruiser
12-08-2011, 08:01 PM
http://www.thoroughbrednews.com.au/singapore-racing/default.aspx?id=56935

Wow! Now that's a suspension

wouldnt want to be a cheating jockey or madame in the far east these days. so much for a slap on the wrist...

ten2oneormore
12-08-2011, 09:54 PM

What a novel idea.

They give a lot of information that seems to be missing over here also.They give the horses weight ,all vet work done to each horse in its lifetime,and video of workouts.Another thing I found interesting was on their version of pps they give a full biography for each trainer.In a write up I read it stated that because it was such a small field the horses shouldn't have trouble getting position.There were 10 horses,

takeout
12-09-2011, 09:26 AM

What a novel idea.Indeed. We could use those stewards on Wall Street.

FenceBored
12-09-2011, 09:30 AM
Indeed. We could use those stewards on Wall Street.

What kind of shoe do they use racing on Wall Street? I'd think that your average racing plate would slip a lot when sprinting on asphalt.

lamboguy
12-09-2011, 09:32 AM
i often wonder why they have so many people going to races all over the world these days except for the united states. this type of seriousness towards the sport might just have something to do with it.

Robert Fischer
12-09-2011, 12:12 PM
What kind of shoe do they use racing on Wall Street? I'd think that your average racing plate would slip a lot when sprinting on asphalt.

hang around the paddock... some good inside info to be had :mad:;)

5k-claim
12-09-2011, 02:19 PM
i often wonder why they have so many people going to races all over the world these days except for the united states. this type of seriousness towards the sport might just have something to do with it.You "wonder" why? Even after reading threads on this message board?

Even I know some of the answers to this one. A few of the reasons "they have so many people going to races all over the world these days except for the united states" is that unlike in the U.S., across the rest of the world:

The trainers know how to actually train horses, and are not just chemists who spend their entire careers perfecting ways to cheat
The breeding horses are sturdy, majestic steeds with good DNA. Not overbred drug addicts.
The horses all train and race exclusively on hay, oats and water
The takeout is much lower
The track officials are not incompetent boobs
The racing officials are not criminals in bed with the crooked trainers
The jockeys actually know how to ride
Horseplayers are revered
The television commentators know how to pick horses and give out winners
Instead of purposefully withholding important data (likely at the request of the U.S.' crooked horsemen) as much data as possible is given to handicappers, so that handicapping mysteries may be duly solved, and ROIs to flourish
Etc.
That was actually pretty easy. And just off the top of my head. I am sure that there are plenty more reasons that I left out...

PaceAdvantage
12-09-2011, 06:07 PM
i often wonder why they have so many people going to races all over the world these days except for the united states. this type of seriousness towards the sport might just have something to do with it.Because "all over the world" doesn't have as much racing as we do here in the USA...tons of tracks available every day, noon to midnight sometimes...

Over in "other parts of the world" where "so many people going to the races" sometimes only have a handful of tracks running at any one time...and many times only on weekends...

If the US operated like that, you'd indeed see "so many people going to the races" here as well...it's all about perspective.

saratoga guy
12-09-2011, 06:07 PM
Oy! While I think there are plenty of things the rest of the world does that the US can and should emulate -- we have to keep from wearing rose-colored glasses that paint foreign racing as some kind of 'magically' better product.

For the most part racing in other parts of the world faces many of the same problems we do re: handle and attendance.

And, c'mon:

"The breeding horses are sturdy, majestic steeds with good DNA. Not overbred drug addicts."

Danehill, a son of Danzig, was the leading sire for most of the last fifteen years in AustraliA -- and brought plenty of US DNA along with him!

Same with Sunday Silence who was the leading sire in Japan for a number of years.

"The horses all train and race exclusively on hay, oats and water."

No they don't. That's a common misconception however. While foreign jurisdictions might not allow raceday meds - many allow them for training.

"The track officials are not incompetent boobs."

I don't think they're "incompetent boobs" here - but even the implication that foreign officials are better and the racing is somehow more pristine is overstated. The DQ of Dar Re Mi in France? The new whip rules in the UK? Recent race-fix charges in Australian harness racing?

Yadda yadda...

Again, there are things to admire about racing overseas - but they're far from perfect.

precocity
12-10-2011, 05:35 AM
Because "all over the world" doesn't have as much racing as we do here in the USA...tons of tracks available every day, noon to midnight sometimes...

Over in "other parts of the world" where "so many people going to the races" sometimes only have a handful of tracks running at any one time...and many times only on weekends...

If the US operated like that, you'd indeed see "so many people going to the races" here as well...it's all about perspective.

that's true but have you seen japan racing at night. hell it looks like the kentucky derby going on over there. PA if you know do they play simulcast of american tracks in the asian market, I know the timing would be off just curious..

Dave Schwartz
12-10-2011, 09:54 AM
I have been racing there. Even in Japan the racing dries up except for the weekend (relatively speaking).

rastajenk
12-10-2011, 11:50 AM
SG, I get the feeling you missed a touch of sarcasm in 5-k's list. :p

5k-claim
12-11-2011, 01:30 PM
SG, I get the feeling you missed a touch of sarcasm in 5-k's list. :pI think that would depend on what your definition of "touch" is.... :)