PDA

View Full Version : Blagojevich sentenced to 14 years in prison...

thaskalos
12-07-2011, 01:45 PM
Disgraced former Illinois governor Rod Blagojevich will be the second consecutive Illinois governor to serve a prison term for "corruption".

His impassioned plea for mercy from the judge fell on deaf ears...

http://news.yahoo.com/blagojevich-tells-judge-hes-sorry-crimes-171037565.html

ArlJim78
12-07-2011, 02:09 PM
I can't believe WLS has interrupted Rush to go with wall to wall coverage of this.
another Illinois governor goes to jail, big deal. it's a tradition.

DJofSD
12-07-2011, 02:22 PM
Good. It's a start.

Now, let's go after the crooks in congress and the bastards in the banks and wall street traders.

lamboguy
12-07-2011, 03:01 PM
14 years is a long time to get for this crime. i know mob guys that shook down people, murdered people and feds gave them 12 years.

i think this guy deserved less of a sentence like 8-10 years. the extra 4 years is probably because he was a trusted elected offcial and the judge must be getting sick of people with power taking advantage of the system. the extra time might qualify him for tougher federal surroundings.

HUSKER55
12-07-2011, 03:08 PM
what he did is treason. If it isn't then it should be. I think he should be shot.

he tried to sell a seat in the senate among all of the other stuff.

doesn't trying to circumvent the system bother anybody?

Tom
12-07-2011, 03:27 PM
Just keep a good thought and pray this POS gets his karma in prison.
Nothing can happen to him there will not be fully deserved. Let's hope he gets his.

lamboguy
12-07-2011, 03:41 PM
what he did is treason. If it isn't then it should be. I think he should be shot.

he tried to sell a seat in the senate among all of the other stuff.

doesn't trying to circumvent the system bother anybody?today for the very first time in years, the senate voted 100-0 to sanction IRAN. the president asked the senate to reconsider their vote.

what the president just did has more to do with treason than what BLAGOVITCH did. BLAGO was just a first class dope.

Valuist
12-07-2011, 04:29 PM
The price of an Illinois Senate seat now? 14 years worth of soap on a rope.

JustRalph
12-07-2011, 04:57 PM
Obama will pardon him and Rezko

woodtoo
12-07-2011, 07:44 PM
today for the very first time in years, the senate voted 100-0 to sanction IRAN. the president asked the senate to reconsider their vote.

what the president just did has more to do with treason than what BLAGOVITCH did. BLAGO was just a first class dope.

AMEN

Rookies
12-07-2011, 07:51 PM
Good. It's a start.

Now, let's go after the crooks in congress and the bastards in the banks and wall street traders.

ABSOLUTELY. And the first in line for me would be those insider Ponzi scheme crooks, the bank/Wall Street traders .

bigmack
12-07-2011, 08:12 PM
ABSOLUTELY. And the first in line for me would be those insider Ponzi scheme crooks, the bank/Wall Street traders .
Being you're continually ALL OVER the slightest scandal when it comes to your loathsome cons; try throwing in a comment about Blago just for good measure.

You know, just so it doesn't seem so obvious. :rolleyes:

Rookies
12-07-2011, 08:17 PM
Being you're continually ALL OVER the slightest scandal when it comes to your loathsome cons; try throwing in a comment about Blago just for good measure.

You know, just so it doesn't seem so obvious. :rolleyes:

As usual stalker Burger Boy, you're wrong again. Just check out what I've said about the likes of Weiner specifically or ANY politician on the take, from any side. Gte back to me on that, will ya?

What is there to say about Blago, an outrageous on the take crook, who got his. Did you see me disputing the sentence.

No- you DID NOT!

bigmack
12-07-2011, 08:44 PM
Miller had a nice line.

I heard his hair copped a plea and cut a deal to be released on its own recognizance.

http://images.nymag.com/daily/intel/20090415_blago_560x375.jpg

sandpit
12-07-2011, 10:09 PM
I can't believe WLS has interrupted Rush to go with wall to wall coverage of this.
another Illinois governor goes to jail, big deal. it's a tradition.

Oh brother, that's like missing one day of your favorite soap opera...the story line and the characters will be exactly the same tomorrow.

DJofSD
12-08-2011, 08:03 AM
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/corzine-dont-know-where-firms-122722077.html

DJofSD
12-08-2011, 11:23 AM
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/corzine-apologizes-collapse-mf-global-122049564.html

The search for hundreds of millions of dollars in missing customer funds has sent reverberations through the farm belt and trading floors, and has attracted the attention of the FBI and federal prosecutors. Thousands of customers have had their money frozen.

"It appears to me that nobody has learned a thing from what's gone on here. Wall Street is operating as if 2008 never happened," said Collin Peterson, the top Democrat on the Committee, referring to the recent financial crisis.

In separate testimony, a top executive of futures exchange operator CME Group Inc said MF Global misused hundreds of millions of dollars of customer funds by moving the money to its own accounts, the strongest accusation yet against the bankrupt futures brokerage.

Some what overlooked is the impact to the farmers. They hedge too and right now no one is sure how crops will be planted next year. It could be one hellva campaign year in 2012.

Actor
12-08-2011, 12:03 PM
what he did is treason. If it isn't then it should be.
It's not treason. Treason is defined in the Constitution:
Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying War against them, or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort.
He did not levy war against the U.S., nor did he give aid and comfort to its enemies.

What he did is definitely a "high crime and misdemeanor."

I hope he serves the whole 14 years but I predict that he'll be out in 7 or less.

lamboguy
12-08-2011, 12:29 PM
It's not treason. Treason is defined in the Constitution:

He did not levy war against the U.S., nor did he give aid and comfort to its enemies.

What he did is definitely a "high crime and misdemeanor."

I hope he serves the whole 14 years but I predict that he'll be out in 7 or less.
the only thing he will get is 15% off his time if he remains in good behavior for 140 months into his sentence.

the only way's he gets out in 7 years is if they change the guidelines for his sentence, the judge vacates his sentence. or he gets an executive pardon

Mike at A+
12-08-2011, 10:22 PM
I agree 100%. Blago was a fall guy. He could have said a lot of embarassing things about Obama and Rahm Emmanuel and he will be pardoned for keeping his mouth shut. There's more corruption in Chicago than there was in the former Soviet Union.

davew
12-26-2016, 01:00 AM
So will Obama commute his sentence or pardon him? 14 years just seems like an unreasonable punishment for a corrupt politician....

Or else we could make that the new standard so term limits will no longer be an issue.

EasyGoer89
12-26-2016, 01:06 AM
So will Obama commute his sentence or pardon him? 14 years just seems like an unreasonable punishment for a corrupt politician....

Or else we could make that the new standard so term limits will no longer be an issue.

You can say the same for OJ Simpson he's been in the can for a long time in a frame up

tucker6
12-26-2016, 08:33 AM
You can say the same for OJ Simpson he's been in the can for a long time in a frame up
frame up or not, OJ can rot in hell for all I care for the crime he actually DID commit.

EasyGoer89
12-26-2016, 08:49 AM
frame up or not, OJ can rot in hell for all I care for the crime he actually DID commit.

So you're ok with govt frame ups?

Parkview_Pirate
12-26-2016, 08:54 AM

Why is 14 years unreasonable? This is a public official, who's sworn duty is to uphold and enforce the law. IMHO, failure to uphold the rule of law is the root of most problems we have today.

upthecreek
12-26-2016, 09:06 AM
Theres a show coming on TV next month, I believe on Investigation Discovery, thats going to prove OJ innocent(so they say)

EasyGoer89
12-26-2016, 09:08 AM
Why is 14 years unreasonable? This is a public official, who's sworn duty is to uphold and enforce the law. IMHO, failure to uphold the rule of law is the root of most problems we have today.

It's unreasonable because politicians and their campaign managers are above the law, so they're able to break laws as much as they want w no punishment.

lamboguy
12-26-2016, 09:08 AM
there is this guy that i happened to play bridge with 35 years ago that worked as a stock broker for Merrill Lynch. one day his boss decided to fire him, he left and came back an hour later with a gun and blew his boss's head off. Lonnie Glichrist was later convicted of first degree murder and got life without parole.
his reason for shooting him was that he felt he was discriminated against.

he is a black guy and i heard they tried to get him a pardon, he was told to wait until Obama finished the term. Lonnie died last year.

http://www.upi.com/Archives/1988/04/08/Last-October-after-an-investor-shot-and-killed-a/5874576475200/

Tom
12-26-2016, 10:17 AM

Corrupt politicians should get the death penalty.
there is not greater crime against those you swear to represent.
No great loss if they hung this POS 14 years ago.

Tom
12-26-2016, 10:18 AM
Theres a show coming on TV next month, I believe on Investigation Discovery, thats going to prove OJ innocent(so they say)

That the same network that brought us Swamp People?

tucker6
12-26-2016, 10:36 AM
So you're ok with govt frame ups?
you're picking an unsympathetic character as your example. Similar to using Hitler's name to make a point. The point gets lost when you do that.

I don't care if the govt framed him or not. He deserves much worse than he's getting imo.

upthecreek
12-26-2016, 11:16 AM
That the same network that brought us Swamp People?

http://www.investigationdiscovery.com/

Different channel

EasyGoer89
12-26-2016, 11:32 AM
you're picking an unsympathetic character as your example. Similar to using Hitler's name to make a point. The point gets lost when you do that.

I don't care if the govt framed him or not. He deserves much worse than he's getting imo.

It's not about OJ, it's either you are ok with framing people or you aren't. It's not ok to pick and choose, once you decide to make the laws up as you go, that isn't good for anyone.

LottaKash
12-26-2016, 12:13 PM

That will be my bet... :jump:

Does Vegas have that kind of action ?....

davew
12-26-2016, 12:58 PM
Corrupt politicians should get the death penalty.
there is not greater crime against those you swear to represent.
No great loss if they hung this POS 14 years ago.

That would drain the swamp, save a bunch in 'retirement' benefits as well. Harry Reid with a net worth over $10 million is sickening.

zico20
12-26-2016, 02:50 PM
It's not about OJ, it's either you are ok with framing people or you aren't. It's not ok to pick and choose, once you decide to make the laws up as you go, that isn't good for anyone.

Liberal judges make up laws as they go, so there is precedent. :D

EasyGoer89
12-26-2016, 03:31 PM
Liberal judges make up laws as they go, so there is precedent. :D

Can't argue there.

davew
02-18-2020, 02:22 PM
0bama didn't help his follow dim governor

Trump commutes his term and will be out today or tomorrow

one less Illinois dim governor in jail :ThmbUp:

rastajenk
02-18-2020, 02:25 PM
A matter of overcrowding?

thaskalos
02-18-2020, 02:25 PM
Illinois will get even scummier than it already is. :ThmbDown:

ReplayRandall
02-18-2020, 02:34 PM
0bama didn't help his follow dim governor

Trump commutes his term and will be out today or tomorrow

one less Illinois dim governor in jail :ThmbUp:
Hmmmm......Sounds to me like Trump might receive some damaging info about Obama from Blogojevich. Trump didn't commute his sentence for nothing.

PaceAdvantage
02-18-2020, 02:35 PM
Quid Pro Quo in action once again.

boxcar
02-18-2020, 03:17 PM
Quid Pro Quo in action once again.

Like Love and Money, it makes the world turn.

biggestal99
02-18-2020, 03:22 PM
Hmmmm......Sounds to me like Trump might receive some damaging info about Obama from Blogojevich. Trump didn't commute his sentence for nothing.

LOL. Obama isnt president anymore and will not be indicted anytime soon.

maybe a retroactive impeachment by the retired Paul Ryan.

LOL. He did it because Blago was on the apprentice reality show.

Allan

Tom
02-18-2020, 03:59 PM
Trump is a total ARSEHOLE for doing this.
There in NO reason to free a scumbag criminal who betrayed the public trust.

Trump just took a major hit in my book.

This doesn't in any way do anything for the country.

#SUCKING!

They just whined and cried that the dems wanted to undo an election with a Faux impeachment. NOW HE is doing the same thing to jury verdicts.

And this POS Governor is not the only scumbag....Trump is out of control.

Next impeachment, and there will be one, I won't defend him.

thaskalos
02-18-2020, 04:00 PM

When were you ever wrong? :ThmbUp:

ReplayRandall
02-18-2020, 04:51 PM
When were you ever wrong? :ThmbUp:
Never wrong.....just delayed results..;)

ReplayRandall
02-18-2020, 04:59 PM
They just whined and cried that the dems wanted to undo an election with a Faux impeachment. NOW HE is doing the same thing to jury verdicts.

Key point to remember....By Trump "commuting" the sentence, the president would free Blagojevich from prison without wiping out the conviction.

Tom
02-18-2020, 05:10 PM
Key point to remember....By Trump "commuting" the sentence, the president would free Blagojevich from prison without wiping out the conviction.

Would you rather serve the sentence or walk free and have the paper conviction?

Just what is the consequence of a paper conviction?
Nothing.

Good ole boy help another good ole boy.
Who know how much he got paid for doing it?
A lot better people are in prison for unfair laws that are totally ignored by King Donald.

He picked some of the least deserving people to take care of.

ReplayRandall
02-18-2020, 05:23 PM

Nothing.

A lot better people are in prison for unfair laws that are totally ignored by King Donald.

He served 8 years of a 14 year sentence....Was the 14 year sentence excessive ? Does he have redeemable value to society now? Or is Trump playing a strong hand with the forthcoming "inside skinny" he's sure to receive?

Bottom-line, Obama is going down....So is HRC and the whole LOT of Traitors who should have been locked up or sent to Gitmo, long ago....Justice is finally coming...:popcorn:

JustRalph
02-18-2020, 05:24 PM

Nothing.

“A lot better people are in prison for unfair laws that are totally ignored by King Donald.”

I think Trump just must think Blagojevich got too severe a sentence. But I do find it weird.

Don’t forget Trump has done this before. Remember the actions he has taken on prison reform ala Kim Kardashian. I think he views the Judicial system as a corrupt entity.

When you’re the big dog, you can make decisions like this. Who knows why? I don’t care as long as a Democrat isn’t doing it. God knows who they would release

MargieRose
02-18-2020, 08:20 PM
Trump is a total ARSEHOLE for doing this.
There in NO reason to free a scumbag criminal who betrayed the public trust.

Trump just took a major hit in my book.

This doesn't in any way do anything for the country.

#SUCKING!

And this POS Governor is not the only scumbag....Trump is out of control.

Next impeachment, and there will be one, I won't defend him.Could it be as simple as Trump thinking that some of these political sentences are too long, even for Demo offenders?

Could it be that he is paving the way for a similar decision concerning Stone, Flynn and even Paul Manafort?

How can you be sure that "jury verdicts" are always without political bias, when it concerns political figures? You can't, as was shown to be the case with Stone.

"Obama holds the record for the largest single-day use of the clemency power, granting 330 commutations on January 19, 2017, his last full day in office. He also issued more commutations than the past 13 presidents combined." (Wikipedia) Where was the outrage, and how many of his fellow Demos threatened to abandon him over his decisions?

Undoing an election via an absolute "Faux impeachment" is so absurdly far from a president exercising his Constitutional right, agree with him or not, that I can't understand your assertion that you would abandon him and jump on an impeachment wagon...and not even knowing what that impeachment might be based on. That is not at all like the "thinker" that I've come to know and admire.

#Presidential Indignation!

MargieRose
02-18-2020, 08:28 PM
“A lot better people are in prison for unfair laws that are totally ignored by King Donald.”

I think Trump just must think Blagojevich got too severe a sentence. But I do find it weird.

Don’t forget Trump has done this before. Remember the actions he has taken on prison reform ala Kim Kardashian. I think he views the Judicial system as a corrupt entity.

When you’re the big dog, you can make decisions like this. Who knows why? I don’t care as long as a Democrat isn’t doing it. God knows who they would releaseList of people granted executive clemency by Barack Obama (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_people_granted_executive_clemency_by_Barac k_Obama)

December 20, 2016

Obama granted 78 commutations on this day.

January 17, 2017

On this day, Obama pardoned 64 individuals and commuted the sentence of 209 individuals (109 of whom faced life sentences (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Life_imprisonment)). These included Chelsea Manning (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chelsea_Manning) and Oscar López Rivera (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oscar_L%C3%B3pez_Rivera), enabling them to be released from prison on May 17, 2017.

January 19, 2017

Obama commuted the prison sentences of 330 federal inmates, particularly drug offenders, on Thursday, January 19, 2017, his last full day in office. Obama did so, as one of his final acts in office, in order to reduce what he viewed as overly harsh punishments.

burnsy
02-18-2020, 08:29 PM
I never come on here too many kool aid drinkers on both wing nuts. But now the slogan for NY is, I heart NY..... not that...... I heart criminals. Just when you think Cuomo is off his rocker, Trump has to “trump “ him . A proud day and year for law and order. The state of NY...... we give ya the good ones...... whose next? Madoff???? :pound: Will Cuomo double down? No bail for anyone ...... yay :pound:

thaskalos
02-18-2020, 08:40 PM
Could it be as simple as Trump thinking that these political sentences are too long, even for Demo offenders?

Blagojevich was the guy who extorted the Children's Memorial Hospital by withholding an $8 million state reimbursement rate increase...in an effort to get the CEO of the hospital to hold a $25,000 fundraiser for the governor. Who would have thought that it would take someone like that to persuade Trump to part with "partisan politics"? :eek:

FantasticDan
02-18-2020, 08:52 PM
https://twitter.com/samstein/status/1229895101746483201

thaskalos
02-18-2020, 09:03 PM
"DRAINING THE SWAMP, BABY!!" :jump:

MargieRose
02-18-2020, 09:31 PM
Blagojevich was the guy who extorted the Children's Memorial Hospital by withholding an $8 million state reimbursement rate increase...in an effort to get the CEO of the hospital to hold a $25,000 fundraiser for the governor. Who would have thought that it would take someone like that to persuade Trump to part with "partisan politics"? :eek:I like RR's theory. Maybe even Durham had his hand in the deal.

The bottom line is that no one knows for sure what the impetus was for Trump's decision; so, let's wait a bit before crucifying the guy, yet again, only to, ultimately, be found undeserving.

thaskalos
02-18-2020, 09:39 PM
I wonder if Blagojevich will have the balls to continue jogging around the Chicago neighborhoods...as he did before.

horses4courses
02-18-2020, 10:24 PM
Trump sees himself as the judge, jury, and executioner.
It's all about him.

thaskalos
02-18-2020, 10:31 PM
Trump sees himself as the judge, jury, and executioner.
It's all about him.

Well...he isn't too far wrong. So far...it's been "all about him".

ReplayRandall
02-18-2020, 10:49 PM
Well...he isn't too far wrong. So far...it's been "all about him".
The MEDIA made it all about Trump.....He's played the Fake Media like a Mafia Maestro.

thaskalos
02-18-2020, 10:54 PM
The MEDIA made it all about Trump.....He's played the Fake Media like a Mafia Maestro.

And if the media ever forgot about him...Trump was right there to remind us of him again. :ThmbUp:

boxcar
02-19-2020, 07:13 AM
And if the media ever forgot about him...Trump was right there to remind us of him again. :ThmbUp:

One thing's for sure: The media won't be forgetting Trump for the next 5 years, and that's really going to stick in the craw! :coffee:

Tom
02-19-2020, 11:57 AM
"DRAINING THE SWAMP, BABY!!" :jump:

"If your goal is to drain the swamp, QUIT PEEING IN IT!"

Bloomy has Stop and Frisk, Trump has Catch and Release.

burnsy
02-19-2020, 12:28 PM
"If your goal is to drain the swamp, QUIT PEEING IN IT!"

Bloomy has Stop and Frisk, Trump has Catch and Release.

And Cuomo has the no fail, no bail...... NY , we give you the 3 stooges.....

horses4courses
02-19-2020, 10:24 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ERJcJ4iXkAEcXhV?format=jpg&name=small

fast4522
02-20-2020, 12:00 AM

The thing is the man is doing a good job, letting a few out of prison is fairly routine for any President. The free room in your head and so many others is quite remarkable.

woodtoo
02-20-2020, 08:31 AM
Blago should be released for good behavior anyway.

For some reason some disagree.:confused:

Up next Stone.

woodtoo
02-20-2020, 09:12 AM
Why was he is really in prison? Obama wanted Blago to appoint Valerie Jarrett to his Sen seat,he would not so Mueller,Comey and Fitzgerald set him up.
Makes perfect sense now.

Tom
02-20-2020, 10:27 AM
Blago should be released for good behavior anyway.

For some reason some disagree.:confused:

Up next Stone.

Not the President's role to do that.
He tried to sell a seat in government - he should NEVER see the light of day again.

Some lines are just not crossed. This POS should be hanged!
Clinton has his stain on a blue dress, now Trump has a stain on his character. He is just another good ole boy now. He chose to put himself in the same class as every other turd in the swamp. He has to live with it now. His character is seriously flawed.

:puke:

FantasticDan
02-20-2020, 06:25 PM
OMG :blush:

https://twitter.com/JasonSCampbell/status/1230622259737505797

horses4courses
02-20-2020, 07:34 PM
It all comes down to Blago's hair.
I'm pretty sure Trump is envious. :pound:

chrisl
02-21-2020, 12:29 AM
It all comes down to Blago's hair.
I'm pretty sure Trump is envious. :pound:

From your post, you must have a lil envy there to sport.