PDA

View Full Version : GOP Chances

elysiantraveller
12-06-2011, 07:43 PM
Months ago I said that beating Obama was going to be a lot harder than most people on here thought...

Its seems a lot of people are now starting to think that way.

horses4courses
12-06-2011, 08:25 PM
You left out one relevant choice......nobody.

Seriously, though, Euro oddsmakers have Romney and Gingrich rated even.

Obama's chances of winning again?
Rated no higher than 52% right now.
6 months ago they had him closer to 70%.

bigmack
12-06-2011, 08:31 PM
Rated no higher than 52% right now.
6 months ago they had him closer to 70%.
Wait 'til Sept of '12. He'll be at 40%.

If he runs on his record he'll be summarily run out of town. He ain't got nothin' + to run on.

andymays
12-06-2011, 08:43 PM
All of the above. I thought Kerry was an empty suite until this guy. He's a disqualification/false favorite if I ever saw one. And I ain't kiddin. :lol:

Tom
12-06-2011, 10:07 PM
All of the above plus Alfred E. Nueman.
The American people are not idiots. At least 53% of them anyway.

Rookies
12-06-2011, 10:49 PM
What Democrat is not pulling for Eye of Newt? He was as popular as the Anti-Christ when he faced off against Billy and his baggage hasn't gotten any smaller. Every bit of it is going to come out.

Romney (the Leper Boy here), is the only one who has a snowball's chance to beat incumbency.

All the others are beyond the pale whacky and strident, with the exception of Huntsman, who isn't Con enough for the Cons.

And Canleak's favourite son, Ricky ?

I think the Hollywood Henderson line is most appropriate for that neanderthal.:lol:

Robert Goren
12-06-2011, 11:52 PM
There is not the Option that I would choose. That would be none of the above. There are republicans who might have some sort of chance of beating Obama, but none of them are on that list. The republicans seem hell bent on pick someone that has the least likelihood of winning.

NJ Stinks
12-07-2011, 12:04 AM
All of the above. I thought Kerry was an empty suite until this guy. He's a disqualification/false favorite if I ever saw one. And I ain't kiddin. :lol:

Sometimes horses are 4/5 because of the field they are facing.

BlueShoe
12-07-2011, 12:52 AM
All of the above or any of the above. If they let Charles Manson out of prison to run against Obama tens of millions of voters would look for Charlies good (?) side and find a reason to vote for him instead of Obama.:rolleyes:

Greyfox
12-07-2011, 02:10 AM
Wait 'til Sept of '12. He'll be at 40%.

If he runs on his record he'll be summarily run out of town. He ain't got nothin' + to run on.

I agree.:ThmbUp: But bullshit baffles brains!

HUSKER55
12-07-2011, 11:32 AM
WHAT is the latest anyone can register for the presidency? Isn't it sometime in january?

If so, I still think the choice is going to be someone else.

Greyfox
12-07-2011, 11:50 AM
WHAT is the latest anyone can register for the presidency? Isn't it sometime in january?

If so, I still think the choice is going to be someone else.

Trump says that if he doesn't like the choice he might run as an independent after his apprentice series wraps up in March. That of course would guarantee an Obama win as that move would split the GOP vote.

Ocala Mike
12-07-2011, 01:48 PM
Surprising strength on this board for Huntsman. Is it coming up to be his turn soon?

Ocala Mike

riskman
12-07-2011, 02:46 PM
Surprising strength on this board for Huntsman. Is it coming up to be his turn soon?

Ocala Mike

The Republican primary voters will determine the nominee. Huntsman is labeled a RINO by most of the primary voters. His chances are slim to non existent to get the nod as the nominee. Yet, I believe he would get the most independent votes in the general election against Obama. He might even win!
Do the Republicans want to win or is strict ideology more important?

Ocala Mike
12-07-2011, 02:51 PM
His chances are slim to non existent to get the nod as the nominee.

You answered your own question. They'd rather be right (ideologically pure) than President.

Ocala Mike

Robert Goren
12-07-2011, 03:07 PM
The Republican primary voters will determine the nominee. Huntsman is labeled a RINO by most of the primary voters. His chances are slim to non existent to get the nod as the nominee. Yet, I believe he would get the most independent votes in the general election against Obama. He might even win!
Do the Republicans want to win or is strict ideology more important?Ironically if you take a close look at Huntsman and his record, he is as big a right wing nut case as any of them.

riskman
12-07-2011, 06:16 PM
Ironically if you take a close look at Huntsman and his record, he is as big a right wing nut case as any of them.

I agree with you that he is a conservative but he is not perceived that way. I was surprised that he supports the Ryan budget plan.At least that is what he said in a recent interview I saw on the tube.
I do not view him as a right wing nut case as he gives the impression that he can be flexible and he had to have some skill in negotiating as a Gov. and a U.S. Ambassador.

Tom
12-07-2011, 06:46 PM
Ironically if you take a close look at Huntsman and his record, he is as big a right wing nut case as any of them.

So I guess he must pretty good. :rolleyes:

fast4522
12-07-2011, 07:10 PM
Actually Not!

When one examines the Cato spending score assigned to each Governor, Huntsman had a 27 in 2008, just over half the average score nationally and one of the worst spending grades in the nation.

What is our problem besides the Kenyan?

elysiantraveller
12-07-2011, 07:35 PM
Actually Not!

When one examines the Cato spending score assigned to each Governor, Huntsman had a 27 in 2008, just over half the average score nationally and one of the worst spending grades in the nation.

What is our problem besides the Kenyan?

Romney consistently scored a C on those reports compared to Huntsman's B... but sure you can take one number out of a 20+ page report if you want I guess....

Valuist
12-07-2011, 07:46 PM
If unemployment is over 9% come November 2012, Obama won't have a chance.

He won largely because of an anti-Bush vote in 2008. I think the only reason he even won the primary was because Hillary was perceived as more of the same.

I don't see Obama getting the independent vote in 2012.

bigmack
12-07-2011, 08:06 PM
Romney consistently scored a C on those reports compared to Huntsman's B... but sure you can take one number out of a 20+ page report if you want I guess....
How 'bout if you take every number but that one and tell us what the real 'score' is on Huntsman & Willard? Then tell us why anyone should give a rats ass.
{}{}{}{}{}{}

This triad got tiresome quickly. Too bad the large hoganed daughter of McCain can't drift away quietly.

fK9EGd0rYuI