PDA

View Full Version : Contest Help Input Strategies

Jrdhorse
12-08-2003, 08:35 AM
I am in a little bit of a quandry and hope to get some input from some of you guys!!!!!! I was lucky enough to qualify for the final round of the little contest TRACKMASTER put on the past 2 months. The format is you have 500 dollars to place win bets only, one day, they used every Saturday in the qualifiers. You can break up the 500 and place the win bets any way you like on any of the Harness contest tracks available that Saturday. I was just lucky and picked a Race by betting a certain driver every week and it hit at 44 to 1 and I placed the whole 500 on it. Needless to say I qualified for the money round coming up this week.

There will only be 15 people playing in the Final Round this Saturday. So this would eliminate any chance of entrants using email aliases to load on a race and hit a big odds horse.

So my question is how would you play it. You have 500 to place win bets only on a list of many Harness Tracks available for Saturday. Would you split it up or try to find a midpriced horse and bet the whole 500 on that horse and hope for the best. Because with only 15 people in the finals maybe a not so high total would take it. Also they are paying out to 6th place. Just would like some info on what type of strategies you guys might use.
Also remember your picks must be in before any race starts so there is no wagering after you would win a bet. So you must pick your horses and thats it!!!!!!

Thanks and hope you can understand my babbling!!!!!

superfecta
12-08-2003, 11:53 PM
Do you mean you must place all your bets at the beginning of the card instead of before each race?If so you have a tough choice,hit alot of favs or hit a few longshots and you have to anticipate what the odds will be.I have done it both ways(bet before each race and bet before the card starts)and I have a better chance hitting on longshots rather than finding the solid favs.

Jrdhorse
12-09-2003, 07:32 AM
Yes Superfecta you have to put all your win bets in before any of the Races start. You can split the money up however you like up to 10 wagers. Like I said during all the qualifier days guys were coming up with huge totals between 10,000 and 22,500 dollars. So most were gunning for longshots and putting all 500 hundred on 1 horse it seems. Probably were using alot of email aliases and loading in one race or betting multiple horses. But now the finals are here only 15 people in so email alias cheating wont occur. But am sure some will roll the 500 hundred on something with decent morning line odds!!!! Your right betting early you cant predict the odds so a little luck will be involved!!!!!

Anyway thanks for the response!!!!!

shanta
12-09-2003, 09:00 AM
THIS WILL PROBABLY SOUND CRAZY. SINCE YOU KNOW WHAT THE RULES ARE AND HAVE AN UNDERSTANDING OF WHATS NEEDED TO WIN" TRUST YOUR INSTINCTS"! WHATS THE FIRST IDEA THAT POPPED INTO YOUR HEAD ABOUT ATTACKING THE FINALS? GO WITH THAT JRD! HOPE YOU KNOCK THE CRAP OUT OF THEM!!!!!!! :eek: :eek: GOOD LUCK RICHIE

Jrdhorse
12-09-2003, 02:24 PM
Thanks Ritchie. Just needed a litle nudge. Probably will handicap and look for a legitimate long shot and shoot the 500. Remembering the motto (no one ever got rich playing the obvious). Need a little luck though

superfecta
12-10-2003, 12:09 AM
Since you will be wagering before the start of the card,I would eliminate any thing less than 5/1.Most favorites come from horses less than that on the morning line.You may have the occasional 10/1 that becomes the favorite,so unless you know the guy who sets the ML at that track is inept,set your sights on horses that should go at a price.I would go for at least five bets and hope to hit on two or three and get it by default that others are swinging for the fences on just one or two horses.Would be helpful if you could find out what won last years contest so you would have an idea what amount to shoot for.Good Luck.