PDA

View Full Version : Double Standard? hmmm......maybe?

JustRalph
12-05-2011, 10:59 PM
http://www.therightsphere.com/2011/12/a-tale-of-two-economies-in-the-headlines/

Snip:

Take a look at these headlines:

The President’s Jobless Recovery
Frustrated Job Seekers Cause Jobless Rate To Drop
Economy Adds Few New Jobs
Low Jobless Rate Reflects Lost Hope
US Jobless Rate Drops But For Wrong Reasons

Recent headlines regarding the drop in the unemployment rate from 9% to 8.6% right?

Wrong.

Those are headlines from January 2004, when the jobless rate dropped to 5.7% and when President Bush was just starting a re-election campaign.

Here are headlines from Friday’s job numbers:

Unemployment Rate Drops To 8.6% Raising Hopes
Jobless Rate Drop Could Boost Obama
Obama Gets Economic Indicator He Can Crow About
Good News On Job Front For Obama
Jobless Rate Lowest In 2.5 Years

End Snip:

please check the link for more

mostpost
12-05-2011, 11:48 PM

Snip:

U Jobless Rate Drops But For Wrong Reasons

Recent headlines regarding the drop in the unemployment rate from 9% to 8.6% right?

Wrong.

Those are headlines from January 2004, when the jobless rate dropped to 5.7% and when President Bush was just starting a re-election campaign.

End Snip:

You are taking five selected headlines from 2004 and comparing them with five selected headlines from 2011. Can you prove there were not five negative headlines in 2011 which compared to the five negative headlines from 2004.

In fact I googled "US Jobless Rate Drops But For Wrong Reasons" All the hits on the first page referenced stories from 2011.

If the stories from 2004 refer to the December figures, the drop was .1%. The drop this last month was .4% There was never a point 4 drop during the Bush administration.

Of course all of this only matters if there is continued improvement. If this is only due to holiday hiring, if we do not continue to improve in most of the months to come, it means nothing.

PaceAdvantage
12-06-2011, 02:15 AM
I just realized something. Mostpost never rushed to the defense of Herman Cain when those allegations first hit the news. You'd think a guy like him...always taking the other side of bad news...would have been the first one on here explaining to us how there is no proof at this time...that these were only allegations with nothing to back them up...etc....etc...etc....

But no... :lol:

fast4522
12-06-2011, 05:39 AM
Fuzzy math in print, while some may think this story has some validity others know the next shoe is about to drop. The United States Postal Service is having trouble laying off workers right now but sure as anything goes heads will roll. Safe Government jobs all across this country will have to make big cuts like it or not. This translation means unemployment numbers will be impacted negatively. The housing crisis is very young and still with us, this will impact everything for years. I never pegged Mostpost for being ACLU, just a dyed in the wool left wing sociopath.

Robert Goren
12-06-2011, 06:57 AM
I just realized something. Mostpost never rushed to the defense of Herman Cain when those allegations first hit the news. You'd think a guy like him...always taking the other side of bad news...would have been the first one on here explaining to us how there is no proof at this time...that these were only allegations with nothing to back them up...etc....etc...etc....

But no... :lol:Maybe because he realized that they were probably true. Even Fox News yesterday finally gave up on Cain and was roasting him over an open fire. They had a very interesting take on what his campaign was all about and what he will do with his left over campaign donations.

cj's dad
12-06-2011, 07:42 AM
Maybe because he realized that they were probably true. Even Fox News yesterday finally gave up on Cain and was roasting him over an open fire. They had a very interesting take on what his campaign was all about and what he will do with his left over campaign donations.

Buy condoms ?

PaceAdvantage
12-06-2011, 10:42 AM
Maybe because he realized that they were probably true.
That never stopped him before.

NJ Stinks
12-06-2011, 12:38 PM
Good luck finding one article that does not mention this possible factor - the jobless rate went down in part because a lot of Americans have stopped looking for work.

Righties like to say liberals think everybody is dumb/doesn't get it except for liberals. Does this thread's supposed "double standard" mean righties don't think anybody can or will read the article? And isn't it elitist/snobbish to assume others can't or won't actually read the article?

JBmadera
12-06-2011, 12:45 PM

Snip:

US Jobless Rate Drops But For Wrong Reasons

Wrong.

End Snip:

thank you for posting this!

mostpost
12-06-2011, 12:50 PM

But no... :lol:
Cain had ample defenders here. I am the "Friend of those who have no friends, enemy of those who make (me) an enemy" Extra points if you know the origin of that quote. (Double extra points if you know and are under 50-no points if you google it)

mostpost
12-06-2011, 12:55 PM
Good luck finding one article that does not mention this possible factor - the jobless rate went down in part because a lot of Americans have stopped looking for work.

Righties like to say liberals think everybody is dumb/doesn't get it except for liberals. Does this thread's supposed "double standard" mean righties don't think anybody can or will read the article? And isn't it elitist/snobbish to assume others can't or won't actually read the article?
It is interesting how many times articles posted by the righties contain information which disproves the point they are trying to make. In this case you need to interpret; in many cases it is right there in black and white.
Makes one wonder about their reading comprehension skills..

cj's dad
12-06-2011, 01:23 PM
Cain had ample defenders here. I am the "Friend of those who have no friends, enemy of those who make (me) an enemy" Extra points if you know the origin of that quote. (Double extra points if you know and are under 50-no points if you google it)

So you have no friends and all enemies ? Interesting !!

mostpost
12-06-2011, 01:24 PM
So you have no friends and all enemies ? Interesting !!
I thought an old guy like you would know the origin of that quote. :rolleyes:

HUSKER55
12-06-2011, 01:57 PM
AL CAPONE?

mostpost
12-06-2011, 03:04 PM
AL CAPONE?
Definitely not, but thanks for playing.

cj's dad
12-06-2011, 06:50 PM
I thought an old guy like you would know the origin of that quote. :rolleyes:

I did at one time but I forgot.

RR ??

mostpost
12-06-2011, 09:54 PM
I did at one time but I forgot.

RR ??
No, it's not the Road Runner.

mostpost
12-06-2011, 09:57 PM
No, it's not the Road Runner.
Think fictional character. Think old TV show. Really old TV show.

bigmack
12-06-2011, 10:01 PM
Shirley you mean "The enemy of my enemy is my friend" :confused:

0A5t5_O8hdA

Robert Goren
12-06-2011, 11:15 PM
Shirley you mean "The enemy of my enemy is my friend" :confused:
As usual you don't have a clue. :bang: In fairness, I believe Mosty has the two parts of the phrase reversed.

mostpost
12-07-2011, 12:05 AM
As usual you don't have a clue. :bang: In fairness, I believe Mosty has the two parts of the phrase reversed.
I do. I did it from memory and when I looked it up I realized my mistake.
Since you know that much, you must know the line is from the old Boston Blackie TV series. One guy thought it was the Road Runner. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Robert Goren
12-07-2011, 07:38 AM
There was series of Boston Blackie movies made during the 40's too. TCM runs some of them from time to time. And of course there was the radio show.