PDA

View Full Version : Anyone But Romney Part 2

Frank DeMartini
12-05-2011, 02:44 PM
Here is a follow up to my original article entitled "Anyone But Romney." Let me know what you think.

http://www.hollywoodrepublican.net/2011/12/anyone-but-romney-part-2/ (http://www.hollywoodrepublican.net/2011/12/anyone-but-romney-part-2/)

Greyfox
12-05-2011, 03:00 PM
The main question should be: "Who can beat Obama?"

This morning Nancy Pelosi is threatening that she has piles of dirt about Newt that will be released at the appropriate time. Do we know what that "dirt" is?
Would it make him "unelectable?" Reading between the lines on the article that I read it might have something to do with tax evasion, but I can't be sure.

If Republicans don't get the candidate right it will be another four years of Obama.

PaceAdvantage
12-05-2011, 04:06 PM
It's becoming quite evident that whoever is really running this show wants Obama for another 4 years. How else can one explain what is going on with the Republicans?

ArlJim78
12-05-2011, 04:08 PM
agreed, it does appear that the "anyone but Romney" title will go to Uncle Newt, who will easily beat Obama.

bigmack
12-05-2011, 04:15 PM
If Newt gets the nom, the people on MSNBC will have a 24/7 bashfest for months. This nerd has already expressed such hatred for Cain & Gingrich, I figure he spits on pictures of them in his dressing room.

http://cdn.showbizspy.com/static/martin-bashir.jpg

toetoe
12-05-2011, 04:32 PM
Fear not. The press are beating the bushes for dirt on the Reprimander-in-Chief Himself, with a diligence unseen since Orenthal James Simpson determined to search every golf course in California for his wife's "real killers."

Why, Barney "Ballpark" Frank (plumps when ya poke 'im) has already fled the increasingly warm kitchen. By God, we're gonna clean up Washington. :rolleyes:

TJDave
12-05-2011, 04:45 PM
It's becoming quite evident that whoever is really running this show wants Obama for another 4 years. How else can one explain what is going on with the Republicans?

OK, then whom would you suggest? Who can beat Obama?

TJDave
12-05-2011, 05:44 PM
This morning Nancy Pelosi is threatening that she has piles of dirt about Newt that will be released at the appropriate time. Do we know what that "dirt" is?

I wonder if Newt ever got a blowjob in the Oval Office.

If he did do you think he would lie about it to his wife? ;)

PaceAdvantage
12-05-2011, 06:10 PM
OK, then whom would you suggest? Who can beat Obama?I don't know. Paul Ryan was my very first choice a couple of years ago, but it's evident he doesn't want to run yet.

Someone young, fresh, and who doesn't carry the baggage of being a politician for the last 30+ years...

Someone who doesn't have sexual misconduct and affairs lying in the closet. I mean seriously...what was Cain thinking? It's almost like they're doing this on purpose...and Rick Perry...the second coming of GWB...anyone could have told you that he was going to unelectable, but there were all these fawners when he first hit the scene. All I saw was the media making him into GWB2, and that's what happened.

Mitt Romney...has never been fully embraced, for whatever reason....not the best of candidates...

Newt...I mean come on...nobody gave him a shot in hell when he first started his run for 2012...it's a sad statement on what is out there that now he is the front runner....

It's looking mighty grim to me...and that's why I feel it's almost a setup to ensure an Obama victory... :lol: :faint:

fast4522
12-05-2011, 06:40 PM
The facts are what they are, Mitt Romney could not muster enough support to be nominated against John McCain and little has changed now. I said I would vote for who ever became the nominee and I will. What is clear to me, is if you have two liberals in the race like Obama and Romney the better liberal will win. What is also clear is Newt Gingrich is Franks n' Beans, and the witch Pelosi's worst nightmare, he was brutal to them as Speaker of The House. Think of Newt as the house that landed on the wicked witch of the west. In a very short amount of time from now Newt will be there telling the country, that he knows exactly what to do to fix things. If enough people believe him, he will destroy Obama teleprompter and all. I seriously doubt any also runs on today's stage will make it to the short list for VP. Let the witch Pelosi dish what she has, it will soon be time to unload on her for the saint she is right?

NJ Stinks
12-05-2011, 07:21 PM
My guess is that Mitt would be a Democrat except for the tax issue. Don't think he changed his mind on that issue.

sammy the sage
12-05-2011, 07:49 PM

Bingo..winner, winner...chicken dinner...

That would be THE banker's...ie...O'man has helped them them FAR more than ACTUAL right winger's...yet...nobody see's it... :rolleyes: ...anybody but Ron Paul..

Actor
12-05-2011, 08:47 PM
Someone young, fresh, and who doesn't carry the baggage of being a politician for the last 30+ years...That would be Obama! :lol: :lol:

Ocala Mike
12-05-2011, 09:44 PM
That would be Obama! :lol: :lol:

Good one; the Republicans actually have someone like this waiting in the wings, but they will have to wait until 2016. I refer, of course, to Mr. Rubio of Florida.

4 more years of Obama, and we'll either be in full recovery mode or Marco can step in and clear away the carnage.

Ocala Mike

Rookies
12-05-2011, 09:46 PM
Good one; the Republicans actually have someone like this waiting in the wings, but they will have to wait until 2016. I refer, of course, to Mr. Rubio of Florida.

4 more years of Obama, and we'll either be in full recovery mode or Marco can step in and clear away the carnage.

Ocala Mike

Does Rubio qualify?

Rookies
12-05-2011, 10:13 PM
Here's an opinion... from a Con...

It is with great concern and disappointment that I read the article on WND this morning concerning Senator Rubio's natural born citizenship. What alarms me is the following statement made by you:

Rubio's press secretary Alex Burgos told WND the Senator's parents "were permanent legal residents of the U.S." at the time Marco was born in Florida in 1971. Then four years after Marco was born, "Mario and Oriales Rubio became naturalized U.S. citizens on Nov. 5, 1975," Burgos indicated.

When asked specifically if Sen. Rubio considered himself to be a natural-born citizen, Burgos responded, "Yes."

Sir, his parents being "permanent legal residents of the US" at the time of his birth does NOT qualify Senator Rubio as a "natural born" citizen. The very fact that his parents became naturalized citizens four (4) years AFTER the Senator's birth, tells us that they were NOT US Citizens (citizens, not legal residents) when he was born, and therefore, according to Article II, Section 1, Clause V of our Constitution, Senator Rubio is NOT ELIGIBLE TO BE VP/PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES! You MUST do your homework on this before you make any further blind statements! Save yourself, and especially Senator Rubio, a lot of grief, by truly learning and understanding the meaning of NATURAL BORN CITIZEN.

I strongly suggest you contact and discuss this with the leading expert on Natural Born Citizenship, Mario Apuzzo, Esq. Below is his contact information, as well as his blogsite, through which you can familiarize yourself with his writings. I KNOW he would be most willing to communicate with you about Senator Rubio's natural born citizenship status, if you so desire. Rest assured, Mr. Burgos...America is watching the outcome of this extremely important matter concerning Senator Rubio, so I would highly recommend that you address this and set the record straight now, rather than later.

Thank you, Alex, for taking the time to research this vitally important issue!

Sincerely,

Kandace J. Ricotta

lsbets
12-05-2011, 10:17 PM
Does Rubio qualify?

Yes. Only birther loons say he doesn't.

Robert Goren
12-05-2011, 10:26 PM
If Newt gets the nom, the people on MSNBC will have a 24/7 bashfest for months. This nerd has already expressed such hatred for Cain & Gingrich, I figure he spits on pictures of them in his dressing room.

http://cdn.showbizspy.com/static/martin-bashir.jpg
You are the only one who still watches MSNBC. By the way, did anybody see what the people on Fox were saying about Cain today? Really interesting.

bigmack
12-05-2011, 10:49 PM
You are the only one who still watches MSNBC.
And miss Rev. Al & all the nuts? Bad TV is good TV. The jokers over there are as entertaining as Joey M>

mMVv_oawqCM

JustRalph
12-05-2011, 11:26 PM
gotta say it........ I am with PA on this one. I have just about given up beating Obama .

I just hope for a Rep controlled Senate so this guy sits on his ass on vacation in Hawaii for another 4 years. He won't get anything done if things stay the same, but those Supreme Court appointments are important.

Btw, if gridlock is the best we can hope for, I predict some kind of national crisis will reveal how much of a fool he is. Along with his cabinet. Then they all go down in history as they deserve.

johnhannibalsmith
12-05-2011, 11:50 PM
... but those Supreme Court appointments are important.

Thank you. I have a VERY difficult time voting in Presidential elections because I can rarely support any of the candidates.

For the most part, almost anything legislatively that happens in 4 or 8 years can be undone.

But, the appointments to the bench are another ball of wax and one that most people look right past.

These people stay damn near forever. Their decisions change society forever.

If you are like me and often just assume not vote at all for a bought and paid for position in the White House, just make sure you aren't also missing out on a chance to keep a life-altering justice off the bench.

JustRalph
12-06-2011, 12:05 AM
http://www.latimes.com/news/politics/la-pn-erickson-romney-20111108,0,2321512.story?obref=obinsite

This article refers to what many many Conservatives are thinking.

Many are going to just "check out"

PaceAdvantage
12-06-2011, 02:22 AM
Yes. Only birther loons say he doesn't.You forget bigots. Obviously, anyone claiming Rubio isn't qualified under the Constitution to be President is a bigot/racist and hates all people of Latin-American descent.

fast4522
12-06-2011, 05:15 AM
A very interesting thread but, I think conservative's will wake up and smell the roses soon. What I think is the independent voters numbers are huge, and this crowd is where the Tea Party 's core numbers are from. For those who think that having three wives by the time you hit 68 is such a bad thing, I don't think independent voters care that the man is not gay but wish he was 58. Talk of Sen. Marco Rubio is just that, it is clear he did not want to be in the race. At one time like others I thought he was a lead pipe cinch for VP, but all indicators and what the man has said is that he is not interested period. Forget Mitt Romney has never been able to crack above 25% with conservative's, how does he fare with independent voters? And who really has the pulse of what the conservative voter thinks anyway, LA Times (overrated for sure)?

Ocala Mike
12-06-2011, 10:16 AM
What I think is the independent voters numbers are huge, and this crowd is where the Tea Party 's core numbers are from.

Agree that the 2012 Presidential election will be about which party captures the hearts and minds of the independent voters. Don't agree that the Tea Party's core numbers come from this group, but rather from disenchanted R's.
To use a baseball analogy (metaphor?), the Republicans should stop trying to "pull" everything to right field and try to hit the ball "up the middle" in 2012.

Ocala Mike

Greyfox
12-06-2011, 11:11 AM
Agree that the 2012 Presidential election will be about which party captures the hearts and minds of the independent voters. Don't agree that the Tea Party's core numbers come from this group, but rather from disenchanted R's.
To use a baseball analogy (metaphor?), the Republicans should stop trying to "pull" everything to right field and try to hit the ball "up the middle" in 2012.

Ocala Mike

:ThmbUp: Agreed. Many Republicans will vote for Anybody But Obama.
But Independents will look for credibility as to who can get the job done with respect to reviving the economy, kick starting employment, reducing the National Debt, getting out of the quagmire of Afghanistan, and offering a realistic solution to immigration and border problems.
Obviously Obama is not the man for the job, but as incumbent he has an advantage if the challenger doesn't appear credible or is offering more of the "same old" Washington politics.

elysiantraveller
12-06-2011, 12:20 PM
*cough* Huntsman *cough*

Republicans as Mike are pointing out are looking WAY too far to the right... thank the TP for that...

Ocala Mike
12-06-2011, 02:29 PM
Huntsman (the "other" Mormon) would get my vote in a heartbeat. Pick of the litter in that group. Nowhere near "Republican" enough to get on the ticket, however.

Ocala Mike

TJDave
12-06-2011, 02:44 PM
Yes. Only birther loons say he doesn't.

In the end, it will be voters who decide whether he is a "natural born" citizen.

As the constitution and legal precedent is confusing and unclear on the subject I doubt that any State registrar would deny his inclusion on a ballot. It will come down to a voter thumbs up or down.

Just like with Obama. ;)

Actor
12-06-2011, 03:27 PM
Does Rubio qualify?

Andrew Jackson – both parents born in Ireland
Thomas Jefferson – mother English
James Buchanan – father Irish
Chester Arthur – father Irish
Woodrow Wilson – mother English
Herbert Hoover – mother Canadian

pandy
12-06-2011, 08:25 PM
I think Huntsman is the best choice but for some reason he is not doing well. However, he is gradually coming on and I still think he has a chance. As we've seen, it can change suddenly from one day to the next. Gingrich is smart but he comes across as an arrogant prick. Romney is just not interesting.

PaceAdvantage
12-07-2011, 03:35 AM
*cough* Huntsman *cough*

Republicans as Mike are pointing out are looking WAY too far to the right... thank the TP for that...Way too far to the right? Are you kidding me? You don't know what right is if that's what you think.

fast4522
12-07-2011, 06:25 AM
Looking left then right, are we talking about making it through an intersection? Sometimes it is what it is, in today's light is what we must base our decisions upon. Only a hype (drug induced) or a complete drunk would think that we can continue to spend at these levels in America, it is all about the money. Our view must be on the money, that is not left or right but what is needed. The main job requirement for President of The United States is that he be a good man, mainly because the Presidency involves the man rising to the occasion and actually leading the Nation and sometimes the world. Currently we have none of the above! For those who feel we should continue to spend my thoughts are that you took too many drugs as a teen or are currently part of that same epidemic today. Some people are looking to the left because their body is failing them from the same reasons. To reverse the curse is to abstain, stop spending and a number of other things like DODD/FRANK & Obama Care reversed. The housing problem is one we as a people have to learn from, a man made problem.