PDA

View Full Version : Plop Plop Fizz Fizz GulfstreamPark It Is

jerry-g
12-05-2011, 08:47 AM
I don't know why it is but I have always had difficulty with this park. A tough one for me and I wonder if anyone else has the same trouble. I have improved my game tremendously by creating my own odds line. But at Gulfstream yesterday, my first three bets to win all came in second. So I reasoned that if they were good enough to come in second, at least one of them should have won. Not mad enough yet I bet the 4th time and won a 7/2 horse. So I was back to Go again. Then lost the next race, so I quit for the day.

My odds line has helped me win some nice odds horses, 6/1 and 8/1 and one place bet I won for $14.60 cents. I just think that for the future, I will not bet my win horse if he doesn't justify a place bet. That way I can get better odds and be safer bankwise. Gulfstream best viewed with rose colored glasses.

thaskalos
12-05-2011, 11:01 AM
A win and three seconds, out of five races, seems very formful to me...and hardly deserves to be called a "difficult" day, IMO.

Gulfstream is indeed a difficult track...and some results leave you scratching your head in amazement.

And by that, I mean, the race coming in "3-4-5"...after you have boxed horses 1-2-6-8 in the trifecta.

It has happend to me several times...

jerry-g
12-05-2011, 12:21 PM
Thanks for your reply. Yikes! That would have made me scratch a hole in my head.

Here is some info on Gulfstream I found interesting: Santa Anita is their Sister?

Racetrack: The main track is 1 1/8 miles in circumference and the turf course is seven furlongs. The turf course is 170 feet wide, which allows the inner rail to be moved in and out, thereby reducing wear and tear, which in turn allows for more turf races to be carded.

The Sunshine Millions program, inaugurated in 2003, has been a hit with horsemen as well as fans. This innovative six-race series, the brainchild of MI Developments (MID) chairman Frank Stronach, is restricted to horses bred in California and Florida. On a rotating basis, three races are run at Gulfstream Park and three races are run at Santa Anita, Gulfstream Park’s sister track in the family of tracks owned by MEC. Past winners include the popular Lost in the Fog as well as Musique Toujours, Secret Request and Red Warrior, each of whom paid winning mutuels of nearly/or more than $100.

CincyHorseplayer
12-05-2011, 02:02 PM
Jerry I play the exacta and bet to place on horses 4-1 and up.I kick some serious tailbone when I'm having 1 win and 3 seconds in 5 races.Make it work for you brother!

jerry-g
12-05-2011, 02:46 PM
Jerry I play the exacta and bet to place on horses 4-1 and up.I kick some serious tailbone when I'm having 1 win and 3 seconds in 5 races.Make it work for you brother!

Doggone if you are not absolutely correct. Today at Parx race 3 I created my odds and had top three as 1-3-8 and they came in at 3-1-8. I had bet the 1 to win. The exacta paid $54 and the tri $168. This is a good lesson for me.

CincyHorseplayer
12-05-2011, 02:58 PM
Doggone if you are not absolutely correct. Today at Parx race 3 I created my odds and had top three as 1-3-8 and they came in at 3-1-8. I had bet the 1 to win. The exacta paid $54 and the tri $168. This is a good lesson for me.

I have a 3-1 average mutuel at a 30% clip and my key horses place 58% of the time.Obviously I'm not the greatest horseplayer on earth but I adjust my bets to my own reality.I've had days where everybody finished 2nd but were fabulous paydays!

jerry-g
12-08-2011, 05:34 PM
I have a 3-1 average mutuel at a 30% clip and my key horses place 58% of the time.Obviously I'm not the greatest horseplayer on earth but I adjust my bets to my own reality.I've had days where everybody finished 2nd but were fabulous paydays!

CincyHorseplayer, I am happy to report that I hit two Exactas today at Gulfstream Park. I keyed my first selection over my next two for a $4 bet. I won the 6th $31.20 and the 8th $81.60 and I thank you for giving me the nudge I needed to take my game to the next level. I really like my spreadsheet giving me win probabilities and R.O.I. when I enter the odds.