PDA

View Full Version : The Rematch is on! Other BCS nonsense.

elysiantraveller
12-04-2011, 08:23 PM
Glad to see the two best teams meets again.

Luck and Stanford vs. OKST should be fun.

cj
12-04-2011, 08:32 PM
Glad to see the two best teams meets again.

Luck and Stanford vs. OKST should be fun.

Nothing but opinion. Nobody really knows who the best two are.

PhantomOnTour
12-04-2011, 08:39 PM
Nothing but opinion. Nobody really knows who the best two are.
Everyone knows who the best one is.
Second best is the only question.

GEAUX TIGERS

cj
12-04-2011, 08:50 PM

GEAUX TIGERS

Even that isn't really true, but they certainly appear to be the best. There isn't anyone that can argue against them, that is for sure. However, lose, as could happen, and they'll just be remembered as a team that choked it away.

PhantomOnTour
12-04-2011, 08:59 PM
Hey, at least all the non SEC fans will get to see an SEC team lose in the BCS Title game...finally.
:)

cj
12-04-2011, 09:03 PM
Hey, at least all the non SEC fans will get to see an SEC team lose in the BCS Title game...finally.
:)

These things go in cycles. The conference was pretty weak this year outside the top 2, but those two are obviously very good. There will certainly be plenty of trailer attached dishes tuned in this year!

PhantomOnTour
12-04-2011, 09:38 PM
These things go in cycles. The conference was pretty weak this year outside the top 2, but those two are obviously very good. There will certainly be plenty of trailer attached dishes tuned in this year!
Stay classy

cj
12-04-2011, 09:40 PM
Stay classy

I'm just joking, plenty of trailers here in OK too.

melman
12-04-2011, 09:51 PM
cj---I agree with you about the BCS IMO there NEVER is a real "national champion". One thing for sure even the BCS could not screw up getting LSU into the mythical title game. Wins over Oregon, Bama, Arkansas, Georgia. I don't think ARK was all that bad this year. The only two games they lost were to LSU and Bama.

BlueShoe
12-04-2011, 10:55 PM
The usual annual college bowl season is about to begin. As expected, the schedule is cluttered with teams with 7-5, 6-5, 6-6, and at least two with a 6-7 record, none of whom should be playing, but back in school studying. There are a few interesting matchups featuring two top teams, and a bunch that are either mismatches or have a pair of dogs. May modify opinion after further study.
BEST GAMES.
Sugar: Michigan vs. Virginia Tech.
Cotton: Kansas State vs. Arkansas.
Fiesta: Stanford vs. Oklahoma State.
Rose: Oregon vs. Wisconsin.
WORST GAMES.
Las Vegas: Boise State vs. Arizona State.
Hawaii: Southern Miss. vs. Nevada.
Fight Hunger: Illinois vs. UCLA.
Little Caesar: Western Michigan vs. Purdue.
Car Care: Texas A & M vs. Northwestern.
Music City: Mississippi State vs. Wake Forest.

Dahoss2002
12-04-2011, 11:56 PM

GEAUX TIGERS
The undefeated season to me is still unbelievable with the number of games + the SEC title game. I still remember the years when we were hoping for 6-5 and maybe a trip to Shreveport :) GEAUX TIGERS!!

Canarsie
12-05-2011, 08:34 AM

GEAUX TIGERS

Truth is the top ranked team has won seven times and have lost six.

Also the best team doesn't win too many times to mention in any sport.

Both teams have average to below average offenses at best. This time they will have over thirty days to prepare for each other should be lots of scoring in this one also.

I could be dead wrong on this but the ratings should be well below last year. This isn't a game that thrills many except for the coaches who haven't watched them all year.

My opinion is unbiased don't have a specific college team I root for. No way am I even betting a five timer on the game.