PDA

View Full Version : How to really get a job

Native Texan III
12-04-2011, 07:08 PM
Worst CV in the World ever

@import url( http://db3.stc.s-msn.com/br/csl/css/23AA27A79E3687063673C2CD56F30E46/twtutility.css );/*/*

http://db3.stb.s-msn.com/i/BC/28A1FB4A76D245F94EAA7624E089AD.jpg

PA Pics

A 28-year-old Manchester man's CV has been called the worst in the World and received attention from the national media, the Metro reports.

Listing his responsibilities at previous jobs, Benedict Le Gauche - not his real name - revealed he "stole ginger biscuits, pretended to be on the phone and hid". While he describes his former roles as, "boring and drudgerous and disheartening". His philosophy degree, meanwhile, is simply called "pointless".

As for his own strengths, Le Gauche claims to be able to "stand the company of people I hold in contempt" and boasts that he can "lift more than it looks like I can". Outside of work, he reveals he is likely to be found "closing my eyes and pretending to be Darth Vader".

"I just wanted to write something that looked like me, not everyone else. What I put on the CV is basically the truth," Benedict explained. "I figured if someone sees it and sees some sort of potential in me then I might get something better than what I would have done with a conventional CV."

Unemployed Le Gauche says he put the résumé together after attending a government run course for the long-term unemployed that he found "patronizing".

Despite the unorthodox style of the CV, Le Gauche it has won him an interview at a copy writers.

Dave Schwartz
12-04-2011, 09:06 PM
What is a CV?

Overlay
12-04-2011, 09:12 PM
What is a CV?
curriculum vitae (i.e., resume)

Overlay
12-04-2011, 09:25 PM
If you ask me, that employment office has no business criticizing someone's resume. They can't even spell "center" correctly! (Don't they know the Queen's English??) ;)

Robert Goren
12-04-2011, 09:41 PM
Every time I see something like centre, I can't help but think of the jockey, Jack Kaenel. I knew his dad and grandparents. The name was always pronounced Kennel, like a dog kennel until Jack won the Preakness. Then he became French and pronounced it Canal like the Erie Canal.

PhantomOnTour
12-04-2011, 09:45 PM
How in the hell would a guy with those qualities even be using a phrase like curriculum vitae?
Talk to me...

JBmadera
12-05-2011, 10:26 AM
How in the hell would a guy with those qualities even be using a phrase like curriculum vitae?
Talk to me...

In Europe CV is the standard, they don't use resume. So even a dolt such as this knows the term CV.