PDA

View Full Version : We are a friggin joke

JustRalph
12-03-2011, 08:13 PM
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/lenore-zimmerman-85-hurt-strip-search-tsa-agents-jfk-airport-article-1.986198

At least our government is

Rookies
12-04-2011, 12:03 AM
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/lenore-zimmerman-85-hurt-strip-search-tsa-agents-jfk-airport-article-1.986198

Just went through McCarron last Tuesday, Ralph.

Never, ever have this shite happen to me...

Robert Goren
12-04-2011, 06:54 AM
I am constantly amazed about naive some posters here are. Exactly why do you think that some Islamic terrorist who is willing to blow a plane with an 85 year old woman on it wouldn't use an 85 year old woman to do it?

Tom
12-04-2011, 09:56 AM
I am constantly amazed about naive some posters here are. Exactly why do you think that some Islamic terrorist who is willing to blow a plane with an 85 year old woman on it wouldn't use an 85 year old woman to do it?

Oh get off it. IF that were to EVER happen, what are the odds of picking that one women for a grope?

DJofSD
12-04-2011, 10:58 AM
Interesting that liberals are hard liners with the old lady and youg children TSA search rules but turn and look away when it comes to securing the border.

Where is the bigger threat, granny and the snot-nosed kid or the porous border?

JustRalph
12-04-2011, 11:13 AM

Yep, that's me......naive :ThmbUp:

OTM Al
12-04-2011, 12:36 PM

Just imagine what flying would be like if the shoe bomber had secreted his bomb materials, in shall we say, his lower oriface.

boxcar
12-04-2011, 12:59 PM
Just imagine what flying would be like if the shoe bomber had secreted his bomb materials, in shall we say, his lower oriface.

Refresh my memory, please: Was the shoe bomber an 85-year old granny or a Middle East appearing Muslim?

Boxcar

Robert Goren
12-04-2011, 01:03 PM
Interesting that liberals are hard liners with the old lady and youg children TSA search rules but turn and look away when it comes to securing the border.

Where is the bigger threat, granny and the snot-nosed kid or the porous border?I think it interesting that conservatives think that terrorist will only try to blow an airplane when they are wearing Arab garb. Maybe the terrorist aren't as devious as I think they are, but are you willing bet people's lives on it?
As you should know, I am about as hard line as you can get on illegal immigration, especially when it comes to the border. Heaven knows, I have made enough posts about my feelings on the subject.

DJofSD
12-04-2011, 01:08 PM
Arabs wearing Arab garb? How about young males and any one with lose enough clothing that a device could be easily concealed?

JustRalph
12-04-2011, 01:17 PM

imagine how hard it would have been to get a size 10 in there

HUSKER55
12-04-2011, 10:20 PM
not so hard. he was thinking of his 72 virgins. I mean sacrifices have to be made,... right?

PaceAdvantage
12-05-2011, 12:10 AM
They strip searched her so they can say they don't profile.

It's all political correct bullshit.

They let the obvious targets of strip search walk on the plane while they whisk granny to the back room all in the name of PC.

This kind of nonsense is going to get a lot of people killed one day.

JustRalph
12-05-2011, 12:21 AM
TSA now says it never happened..........

Maybe that makes it even more weird? The fact that it's so easy to believe it happened based on past episodes.

We have seen video of these guys putting their hands all over a 4 year old in a public area, why not granny having to take her pants off in private?

It's over, the bad guys are laughing their asses off at us

horses4courses
12-05-2011, 12:26 AM
I got the full magilla flying out of SFO a couple of months back.
Damn rookie couldn't do the search properly, and thought he felt something on me, so he radios for a supervisor to search me - which took forever.
The rookie didn't even have some code to use on the radio for a potential alert - called it "a situation", or something to that affect. Bush league.

Lucky I had plenty of time before my flight, or I'd have been very p.o.ed
I know they have to thorough, but sometimes...... :bang:

elysiantraveller
12-05-2011, 12:39 AM
I think it interesting that conservatives think that terrorist will only try to blow an airplane when they are wearing Arab garb. Maybe the terrorist aren't as devious as I think they are, but are you willing bet people's lives on it?
As you should know, I am about as hard line as you can get on illegal immigration, especially when it comes to the border. Heaven knows, I have made enough posts about my feelings on the subject.

You should know that around here you aren't allowed to have varied opinions... you must either be a lefty or a righty... then tow the line lest you be labelled differently...

bigmack
12-05-2011, 01:13 AM
You should know that around here you aren't allowed to have varied opinions... you must either be a lefty or a righty... then tow the line lest you be labelled differently...
We've got a bleeder.

PaceAdvantage
12-05-2011, 02:37 AM
You should know that around here you aren't allowed to have varied opinions... you must either be a lefty or a righty... then tow the line lest you be labelled differently...The silliness never ends...there's nothing but varied opinions here...have you ever read skate's posts? :lol:

cj's dad
12-05-2011, 12:38 PM
Another Elderly Woman, 88-Year-Old Bubby Sherman, Says She Was Exposed At Kennedy Airport (http://matzav.com/another-elderly-woman-88-year-old-bubby-sherman-says-she-was-exposed-at-kennedy-airport)

Monday December 5, 2011 5:32 AM -
From her home in Sunrise, Florida, 88-year-old Ruth Sherman says she knows for a fact senior citizens are being violated at a screening checkpoint at JFK.

“I felt like I was invaded,” she told CBS 2′s Dave Carlin.

Sherman says week-long Thanksgiving holiday with family in New York ended with an ordeal that started when the screeners wanted to check the bulge from Sherman’s colostomy bag.

Tom
12-05-2011, 01:25 PM
I think you already know what I would have done had that been me and MY bag! :eek:

JustRalph
12-05-2011, 01:47 PM
So they searched three old bags total?

HUSKER55
12-05-2011, 05:26 PM
THEY are on the front lines of americas defense. It must be stress related. :D

IBCNU
12-05-2011, 06:53 PM
My father told me stories of his traveling working days way back when on Pan Am. H**T stewardess, smoking permitted sign comes on, kick back, and read.......ahhhhhhhhhh thems the days...

horses4courses
12-05-2011, 07:10 PM
My father told me stories of his traveling working days way back when on Pan Am. H**T stewardess, smoking permitted sign comes on, kick back, and read.......ahhhhhhhhhh thems the days...

What is this.....Wheel of Fortune?

Hunt, Halt, Host, Hoot, Hint?
Can I buy a vowel?

Oh, and the best thing ever to happen in air travel....banning smoking.
Priceless......

IBCNU
12-06-2011, 12:35 AM
What is this.....Wheel of Fortune?

Hunt, Halt, Host, Hoot, Hint?
Can I buy a vowel?

Oh, and the best thing ever to happen in air travel....banning smoking.
Priceless......

Ok ok, your right about the smoking. Meant to type "hot". No charge for the vowel.

JustRalph
01-18-2012, 11:28 PM
Quietly the TSA Admits they were wrong?

Bet this doesn't lead the news.........tonight........

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/tsa-apologizes-elderly-women-strip-search-kennedy-airport-article-1.1007725?localLinksEnabled=false

http://assets.nydailynews.com/polopoly_fs/1.1007724.1326886721!/img/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_635/image.jpg

BlueShoe
01-19-2012, 12:34 AM
Reading things like this confirms that my decision to drive everywhere, and to avoid commercial airline journeys unless it becomes absolutely necessary due to circustances, was a wise one. Have not flown in many years. Long slow lines, TSA, declining airline service, boorish behaving badly other passengers, etc. convince me that the indignities of modern air travel are best left to others to endure. Should I have to fly, with my "attitude" there would be about a 50/50 chance that I would end up in the clink. :rolleyes: If I did not punch a TSA agent I might then get in a brawl with some Alex Baldwin type while airborn. Best to stay firmly on the ground.

Am all for profiling, racial and otherwise. This nonsense of searching Caucasian great grandmothers is the height of absurdity. We have someone that could very quickly train us what to look for; the Israelis. From what I have able to gather, they are very good at profiling, and know just what to look for, and waste little time with low threat passengers. Of course the Obama administration has strained relations with Israel and would never ask for their expertise in this matter, so the utterly assinine PC nonsense goe on.

OntheRail
01-19-2012, 01:22 AM
They strip searched her so they can say they don't profile.

It's all political correct bullshit.

They let the obvious targets of strip search walk on the plane while they whisk granny to the back room all in the name of PC.

This kind of nonsense is going to get a lot of people killed one day.
Right they would let Ackmed pass right thru so they could also claim not to profile. This BS is truly a waste of money. We need to profile just like they do in the Airports... train or bus stations in the Middle East. IF it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck it must be a duck.... so lets pluck the church mouse instead. :rolleyes: