PDA

View Full Version : Should Hinckley get more freedom ?

Rookies
12-03-2011, 06:53 PM
http://www.canada.com/health/shot+Reagan+seeks+freedom+from+psychiatric+ward/5774676/story.html

CNN just reported that the FBI tracked one of his "open" days earlier this year and instead of his Meds Appointment/whatever, he went to a book store to read up on Reagan and assassination books...:rolleyes:

So, of course he should.. try back in 2031 John!

You'll be good to go, then...;)

Tom
12-03-2011, 07:28 PM
He should be executed.
End of story.
I don't care if he is sane or not.

johnhannibalsmith
12-03-2011, 09:00 PM
The part that I struggle with understanding is that he was allowed to get away with trying to kill our leader because he was deemed insane or mentally unfit or whatever you prefer.

So he's been in a special hospital for the purported purpose of making him sane. So now he sneaks off and is a bad boy and they are mad.

So NOW he is expected to know "right from wrong" and the "consequences of his actions??" - part of the standard for determining his capacity in the first place???

If that's the case, then isn't he cured?

Can we execute him now?

JustRalph
12-03-2011, 10:35 PM
If you were in the history books, wouldn't you want to sneak off and read about it someday?

Robert Goren
12-04-2011, 07:05 AM
It is unlikely he will ever go free, but it is nice story for some cable nrews network to cover. The sad thing is that we never learn from this. Thirty years from now CNN will be running a simular story about Jared Loughner.

Actor
12-04-2011, 10:18 AM
Can we execute him now?No. He was found not guilty by reason of insanity. Therefore, in the eyes of the law, he did not commit a crime. So sayeth the jury, so sayeth the courts.

He can be confined to a mental hospital only so long as he is a danger to himself or to others. The assumption of the law at this point is that he is a danger and he and his lawyers bear the burden prove otherwise.

No one was killed so, even if he had been found guilty, capital punishment was not an option.

johnhannibalsmith
12-04-2011, 10:20 AM
No. ...

Thanks, I forgot the rolleyes button to demonstrate sarcasm.

Actor
12-04-2011, 10:31 AM
From the link.

"John Hinckley’s cool. He just had one bad morning.” :lol:

PaceAdvantage
12-05-2011, 03:42 AM
From the link.

"John Hinckley’s cool. He just had one bad morning.” :lol:That had to come from the mouth of a liberal...sums that mindset up nicely... :lol:

Actor
12-05-2011, 10:31 AM
That had to come from the mouth of a liberal...sums that mindset up nicely... :lol:It came from one of Hinckley's fellow mental patients.

Tom
12-05-2011, 11:16 AM
It came from one of Hinckley's fellow mental patients.

Oh, democrats. Gottcha.

PaceAdvantage
12-06-2011, 01:36 AM
It came from one of Hinckley's fellow mental patients.I know. One and the same, no?