PDA

View Full Version : CFB Final Week... Pac-12 Tonight...(thoughts)

elysiantraveller
12-02-2011, 07:42 PM
.... :sleeping:

This is one of those weird years where all the games are really anticlimatic. If you are a Big 12 fan at least you have a good game that won't mean anything. Same goes for the Big 10.

Never thought being a UofM fan I would be saying I really wish USC was off of probation. Then you would get OU vs. OSU, MSU vs. Wiscy, and USC vs. Oregon... at least that makes for some intrigue...

Me? I'll be watching our likely Sugar Bowl opponent Houston crush SMU this week...

Very happy with the Hoke turnaround even if he looks like Fred Flinstone.

ElKabong
12-03-2011, 12:01 AM
Cougar High plays #24 Southern Misss(USM)....Not SMU

Man what an embarrassment for the PAC. A 6-6 team goes to the CCG, gets slaughtered....ya, Utah and Colorado really added a lot to that conference, lol

cj's dad
12-03-2011, 12:37 PM
Opinions:

Ga. can't hang w/ LSU - LSU outscoring opponents by nearly 200 points in the 2nd half

Mich State wins outright

Oklahoma wins outright

ElKabong
12-03-2011, 01:21 PM
i'll take Wiscy Badger in a good, exciting game....and give me oSu over the dirt burglars...LSU in a rout over UGA.

It's too bad these games mean nothing, and i do mean nothing. Regadless of what happens, Bama and LSU play for the MNC. What happens tonight changes none of that.

Conference titles don't quite have the same pride factor, for the lack of a better term, as in the past. AD's and U Prez's for many years now have been shaping CFB for two things: Money. National Championships.... Everything else has taken a back seat.

Even "conference championships" are mostly about money. They're mostly played on neutral fields, commercialized to the hilt ala the super bowl. The college football atmosphere is lost. The b12 title game at Jerryworld in past years prevented schools bands from playing at times during stoppages so Dr Pepper and other commercials could be piped over the speakers...whore'd out to the max

elysiantraveller
12-03-2011, 02:59 PM
LSU rolls over Georgia.

OSU and OU is going to be the best game... I'll take OU.

Michigan State is going to get annihilated.

cj
12-03-2011, 03:26 PM
Bad weather in Oklahoma today, which is the only thing that gives OU a chance. Forget history, OSU 2011 is the much better team.

Valuist
12-03-2011, 06:43 PM
Like Wisconsin to handle MSU tonight.

wisconsin
12-03-2011, 08:05 PM
Like Wisconsin to handle MSU tonight.

Would be a huge disappointment if they don't.

rastajenk
12-03-2011, 08:22 PM
A Wisconsin - Oregon Rose Bowl could be a good one.

cj
12-03-2011, 10:22 PM
Bad weather in Oklahoma today, which is the only thing that gives OU a chance. Forget history, OSU 2011 is the much better team.
You guys that were going to bet OU can thank me later!

elysiantraveller
12-04-2011, 12:30 AM
Thanks CJ!

Only good game all day was the Big Ten Final... I seriously question whether or not Bret Bielema can coach though... Sparty suffered a serious mental lapse though...

ElKabong
12-04-2011, 01:34 AM
After tonite, I sure wish oSu would get a shot at either bama or lsu. Watching another 6-6 tie doesn't sound very appealing, and to be perfectly honest both the tide and tigers played poorly on offense and played Not To Lose the game when they played. Hopefully Nick and Less can grow a set before the game this time