PDA

View Full Version : Mike Sherman fired at A&M

ElKabong
12-01-2011, 09:15 PM
Eventful week in collie station....

TEXAS beats aggy on a FG at the buzzer. "Eternal scorebaord" that aggy rammed down our throats al year belongs to UT . Bitter loss for the Ags.

A&M's ath dept CFO is outed as a poster on Texags.com calling A&m's Univ President a "Putz". After being outed, the CFO sounds like a mafia guy that's about to sleep with da fishes.

Now Sherman is sent packing.....

Expensive year for anm. First they pass on an opportunity to share the time and money on what would become The Longhorn Network (UT gets 15 million a year from ESPN for the LHN). Then they leave the b12, have to cough up 12-14 million to leave....now they have to pay Sleepy 8.8 million to buy him out, the asst coaches buyouts will be another 3-4 million.

Kinda rough on a program that's 10s of mill in debt....Gee, that joint venture with UT on a network doesn't sound bad afterall now, does it Ags :)

witchdoctor
12-01-2011, 10:11 PM
You got to remember you are talking about Aggies. I am sure in their mind, this makes sence.

ManU918
12-02-2011, 07:27 AM
For a program going to the SEC this was the right move if they want to be competitive there. They couldn't even win in the Big 12 with Sherman what would make anyone think they could win in the SEC? When I say win, I mean win their conference. I would think Jim Tressel is on their short list.

Robert Goren
12-02-2011, 07:35 AM
Jim Tressel will be coaching Payton Manning next year. The coach at the Uni of Houston is a likely choice if he doesn't go Arizona St instead.

ManU918
12-02-2011, 08:44 AM
Jim Tressel will be coaching Payton Manning next year. The coach at the Uni of Houston is a likely choice if he doesn't go Arizona St instead.

Not sure I would hire Kevin Sumlin at A&M or Arizona St. Case Keenum has been there since Sumlin took over and I wouldn't be one bit surprised if Sumlin was the next Turner Gill.

Robert Goren
12-02-2011, 09:43 AM
Not sure I would hire Kevin Sumlin at A&M or Arizona St. Case Keenum has been there since Sumlin took over and I wouldn't be one bit surprised if Sumlin was the next Turner Gill. Texas A&M ain't Kansas. A good coach has a fighting chance at A&M. Yeah, I know the Fat Man had a couple of good years at Kansas, but it all fell apart pretty fast. Kansas is a place that promising young football coaches go to end their careers.

slew101
12-02-2011, 11:48 PM
You're saying Tressel hasn't earned his salary from the Colts this season as their "replay consultant." Hasn't been much to replay.

I also thought from the day they hired Tressel he'd be the next coach. If Caldwell had won the Super Bowl, he'd get a pass for this season. But he didn't, so I think he's gone. Colts really show how lost they are by firing the defensive coordinator ahead of the NE game. That will fix things.

Rapid Grey
12-03-2011, 09:08 AM
Would not be surprised if A&M comes hard after Louisville coach Charlie STrong. In just two years he's turned around a program that Steve Kragthorpe managed to completely gut in three. He has all the SEC ties that the Aggies will be looking for and should be able to recruit the state of Texas as well as he has the state of Florida, especially the defensive side of the ball.

ElKabong
12-04-2011, 11:16 AM
whoever is hired at aggy needs to have VERY strong Texas HS coaching ties. SEC ties won't mean much. They (a&m) have a lot of mending to do in this state in regards to HS coaches right now.

It all hinges on aggy truly getting out from the shadow of their so called big brother. It's their own image they have to change. Not how any other Universities treat them. That will be clear to SEC schools in a very short period of time. A&Ms all consuming hatred for UT works against its own productivity and growth. Been that way for a century.

Also factored in is $$$...their ath dept is in debt, all the $$ for paying off (a) sherman (b) current assistants (c) 16 million dollar interest free loan from the Univ (d) exit fee to leave the B12 (e) truckload of cash for incoming coach, it all adds up.

I'm surprised they let go of Sherman to be honest, knowing the cultish workings of that place.... You have a sect over here that likes Coach B, but not Coach D on the staff all b/c "he gets a&m and other coach doesn't". Makes it hard to pull the trigger on coaching changes in that kind of environment.....The firing of Emory Bellard and hiring of Tom Wilson in mid season 1978 or 79 was the weirdest thing I ever saw in athletics. In all honesty only at a&m could that happen, the way it did.

you guys will soon find this out....

And, get ready to be turned into the ncaa for any recruit they miss out on they really wanted badly....just ask UH, SMU, 0u.... a&m's boosters are out of control, they act on their own cultish behalf w/o regard to the University. They mirror bama in that regard (from what I've been told)