PDA

View Full Version : Tampa Announcer News

Tampa Russ
12-01-2011, 09:10 PM
From the DRF:

Track announcer Grunder to miss beginning of meet
Richard Grunder, the track announcer at Tampa Bay Downs since 1984, will miss the first seven days of the meet as he completes his rehabilitation following minor eye surgery. During Grunder’s absence, Bobby Neuman, the announcer at Calder Race Course, which concluded its meet Friday, will call the races.

mannyberrios
12-01-2011, 09:15 PM
Get better soon! Can't wait to hear(the first at Tampa!)

bigmack
12-01-2011, 09:23 PM
Somebody stop me.

Okq5Vvnv1VQ

BombsAway Bob
12-01-2011, 10:28 PM
Somebody stop me.

Okq5Vvnv1VQ

AS LOUIS CK would say, "HILAREEUS!"
sharing like a virus :ThmbUp:

Beachbabe
12-01-2011, 10:39 PM
Bobby Newman is a darn good race caller. Wish they'd keep him the whole meet.

Tom
12-01-2011, 11:08 PM
Oh Mac....... :lol:
btw.......
Tampa will have Trakus this year.

tbwinner
12-02-2011, 12:36 AM
I can't wait to be able to actually turn on the audio for Tampa the first week!!

2low
12-02-2011, 12:57 AM
I like the Tampa guy!

But then I pretty much like 'em all. I'm amazed at the ability they have to keep the names all straight on the fly like that. I'd never be able to do it.

Cardus
12-02-2011, 01:30 AM
I like the Tampa guy!

But then I pretty much like 'em all. I'm amazed at the ability they have to keep the names all straight on the fly like that. I'd never be able to do it.

So, you like the "Tampa guy", but you are not amazed by him.

therussmeister
12-02-2011, 05:32 AM
I like the Tampa guy!

One of the reasons some of us don't like the Tampa guy is he can't keep the names straight on the fly, although I'd never be able to do that either.

llegend39
12-02-2011, 06:40 AM
TVG isn't carrying the Tampa races on their tv signal-just online If I cant watch,I dont bet! After this weekend all they will have early in the day is AQU

Tampa Russ
12-02-2011, 07:14 AM
TVG isn't carrying the Tampa races on their tv signal-just online If I cant watch,I dont bet! After this weekend all they will have early in the day is AQU

At least you can watch it for free on the Tampa Bay Downs website for free.

Steve 'StatMan'
12-02-2011, 07:39 AM
Somebody stop me.

Okq5Vvnv1VQ

"Hey Rocky! Watch me pick a race horse out of a hat!"

"But those picks never win."

"Ruffle up my sleeve...Presto!"

"The 9 horse in scratched"

"At least I still got my two bucks."

"And now here's a selection you'll really like."

Canarsie
12-02-2011, 09:31 AM
At least you can watch it for free on the Tampa Bay Downs website for free.

That's a big plus in my opinion. I watch NYRA, Woodbine, Keeneland and others with their track feed on my computer. Not only do you get to see who is in the paddock and how the horses act in the post parade. The NYRA broadcast is very well done lets not forget their paddock report.

While it's not great my cable company lets me take video from the web and put it on my upstairs TV. The resolution isn't fantastic but workable if a larger screen is desired..