PDA

View Full Version : Advantage of Sheets Vs Free Equibase results

dragon49
12-01-2011, 05:08 PM
I can use free past race performance information from equibase.com to handicap races.

What information is in the "sheets." that I can't get from Equibase?

BIG49010
12-01-2011, 06:26 PM
I don't know how much of this goes on, but I can tell you several trainers use the Rag sheets religiously, and are in contact with Lee and Len.

How that steam between the parties involved effects the numbers, I don't have a clue, I just see the $25 dollar charges in the monthly expenses.

tbwinner
12-02-2011, 12:39 AM
The sheets are a form of speed figure and also serve as a different way to view past performances in terms of time. I don't think you can compare the "Sheets" (if we are referring to Ragozins) to Equibase charts.

As far as the Sheets go, I use them for both my claiming operation and handicapping races. It has changed my handicapping and wagering for the better since incorporating them in July of this year. It allows me to see which races I should be skipping rather than wagering too, seeing when most horses in a race are running similar figures. I might add I claimed two horses based on seeing the Sheets and won with both, including one right off the claim and a slight class raise.

thaskalos
12-02-2011, 12:58 AM
The "sheets" include information that Equibase has never even heard of.

Accurate timing of the races...ground-loss calculations...wind-resistance measurements...etc.

Everything that a speed figure should encompass...except for "pace".

classhandicapper
12-02-2011, 02:21 AM
The "sheets" include information that Equibase has never even heard of.

Accurate timing of the races...ground-loss calculations...wind-resistance measurements...etc.

Everything that a speed figure should encompass...except for "pace".

They do occasionally adjust figures for extremely slow and fast paces (quit races for the latter), but as a general rule, pace is ignored.