PDA

View Full Version : Eddie Bain system

Midnight Cruiser
11-30-2011, 11:41 PM
Anyone out there had any luck with the Ed Bain system. Seems to drill down pretty good on trainer jockey horse owner %'s. Anyone?

offtrack
12-01-2011, 08:19 AM
I'm familiar with the Ed Bain's trainer tracking process. His web site pp info is free currently, also.
In the end you will need to screen the angles for possible bets each day.

I enjoy the information Ed puts out, as some trainer moves, at some tracks, are worth following.

Don't look to his pp info to provide speed figs, or workout information.

I've played his selections for small profit; and if you want to do additional screening for spot plays you can play to profit also.

Question answered?

Midnight Cruiser
12-01-2011, 10:57 AM
I'm familiar with the Ed Bain's trainer tracking process. His web site pp info is free currently, also.
In the end you will need to screen the angles for possible bets each day.

I enjoy the information Ed puts out, as some trainer moves, at some tracks, are worth following.

Don't look to his pp info to provide speed figs, or workout information.

I've played his selections for small profit; and if you want to do additional screening for spot plays you can play to profit also.

Question answered?

Yes, thanks Offtrack.

castaway01
12-01-2011, 05:12 PM
He is providing some useful free information right now. Even Bain himself has said in the past that if you bet every horse in his "4-30" list you come out with a rather substantial loss (less than though close to takeout). My problem with Bain's current system---and again, it's great that he offers the material for free---is that so much of it revolves around trainers who have won at least 4 times at 30 percent or more and are also the favorite today. Most of his "automatics" only apply if the horse is also the favorite. He doesn't give ROI on the angles, just win percentages, and they don't get you to profitability. You're better off learning the trainers yourself and finding trainer angles that are hitting at a price. With trainer angles, I much prefer to hit 20 percent winners that pay $14 each than Bain's 30 percent winners that pay $3.80 each.