PDA

View Full Version : Remington Race 8???

davefulche
11-30-2011, 10:57 PM
The 4 horse clearly broke thru the gate before the start of the race and gained an advantage yet he was not declared a non-starter. How is this possible?? I guess it's at the discretion of the stewards but the 4 was the heavy favorite and would have resulted in a ton of refunds. ANy stewards out there care to explain this one?

cj
11-30-2011, 11:51 PM
It was really close, but looking at it in slo-mo, the 4's gate is completely open when the others are about half open. The horse won by about a length. Was there an inquiry or any kind of announcement?

davefulche
12-01-2011, 04:23 PM
I unfortunately was watching at TVG, but they showed the replay and the jockey knew he tried restraining him as much as he good but he clearly got a head start and then went on to win the race. Geno got a ton of emails saying from informed viewers who know that every other time they have seen this whether its NY or PA that its an automatically declared a non-starter.

cj
12-01-2011, 04:30 PM
I unfortunately was watching at TVG, but they showed the replay and the jockey knew he tried restraining him as much as he good but he clearly got a head start and then went on to win the race. Geno got a ton of emails saying from informed viewers who know that every other time they have seen this whether its NY or PA that its an automatically declared a non-starter.

I distinctly remember this happening in New York and the horse ran 2nd and he was not DQed. I'll try to remember the race.

cj
12-01-2011, 04:54 PM
The horse was Relaxed Gesture, and he actually won the race in question. He was left up even though he clearly opened the gate before the bell.

davefulche
12-01-2011, 05:02 PM
I don't understand how a horse can gain an advantage out of the gate and not be declared a non-starter...wouldn't that encourage jockey to try to get that unfair start if he isn't going to be taken down?

Do we have any stewards on this board?

skate
12-01-2011, 05:23 PM
The 4 horse clearly broke thru the gate before the start of the race and gained an advantage yet he was not declared a non-starter. How is this possible?? I guess it's at the discretion of the stewards but the 4 was the heavy favorite and would have resulted in a ton of refunds. ANy stewards out there care to explain this one?

i think (without slo mo) he just had a big FIRST Jump.

But but but i did see either Rem or Evan. where they had 1/2 the gates not to open , only a fraction slower, but they ended up giving a rebate.