PDA

View Full Version : One of THOSE dayz

sammy the sage
11-29-2011, 09:51 PM
So they cut on my mother for lung cancer today...but then couldn't operate...had advanced too far...guess from stage 2 to stage 3...

She's still got a shot w/chemo/radiation...but it's don't look good...but her spirits are still up...so that's a positive..

But then I hear from an employee's husband whose had been helping w/her dad...she walked in and found him dead...ugh...

anyways...broke out the bottle of good scotch...

Anybody had any experience w/alternative treatments on cancer...there's many on-line of course...but there are a FEW of you here that I'd at least consider opinion's a little more reputable...than a site trying to sell you something.

by the way...If you got somebody you love...tell 'em NOW.

If you never listen to what I write..just at LEAST...do THAT...now.

You won't regret it...I promise you...

Steve 'StatMan'
11-29-2011, 09:56 PM
So sorry about the sad news Sammy.

Tom
11-29-2011, 10:08 PM
Sorry to hear, Sammy - stick with her now - she is going to need you.
My Dad went through chemo......it sucks.

Dave Schwartz
11-29-2011, 10:13 PM
Sammy,

Our prayers go with you and your mother, my friend.

Dave

RaceBookJoe
11-29-2011, 10:40 PM
First, prayers to you and your family. I have been taking B17/Laetrile since i read " World Without Cancer". I dont have cancer or anything else, and plan to stay that way. Havent even had the sniffles since starting the B17, but i also take a decent amount to Vitamin C, D3, Curcumin and Garlic. By the way, the B17 i take is in the form of Apricot Kernals, they come in 1lb and 2lb bags. rbj

Grits
11-29-2011, 11:12 PM
Sammy, I'm so sorry. If your mom's spirits are good, like you say, hopefully, with your help she'll be able to make decisions about the direction of her care. My prayers and thoughts are with you all.

You're right in telling others you love them. Its so important.

Johnny V
11-29-2011, 11:30 PM
Sammy, I hope all goes well for you and your Mom. I lost a father, mother and wife to cancer. My father, wife and mother lived 2, 5 and 4 years respectively with traditional medical treatment, chemo, etc. for whatever it is worth. I am not saying that is the best course, because I do not know and I have my doubts but the main thing is to love and support and comfort. I am having a good scotch right now with you. I wish you and your Mom the very best. My prayers are with you.

lamboguy
11-30-2011, 12:05 AM
this is a very tough day for you and your mom and we all want to wish her the very best.

i am not a doctor and have no right to give you advice. but what i think that can help is for your mother if able to, take up walking. and walk in the right way so that oxygen makets it to the bottom of her lungs. make believe there is a string on the top of her head pulling it up, and keep her shoulders in her back pockets. inhale the best she can do from her nose and exhale from her mouth.

i have been drinking apple cider vinegar and water and it has helped me to breath better. you can also sniff up small portions of the mixture through your nose so it goes into your lungs and possibly helps to clear up any mucus that might be blocking her.

the other thing that i have heard of is lemon juice to kill the advancement of the cancer cells. there is no data on this and here is a link to look this up. if you don't think it can hurt her you can try it.http://www.snopes.com/medical/disease/lemons.asp

http://www.quantumbalancing.com/news/cancer_lemonjuice.htm

lamboguy
11-30-2011, 12:09 AM
i truly know this whole thing is a battle, and it is unknown. since you love your mother your must stay strong and never show her any weakness or sorrow on your part. try to battle this as a team effort, and never back down when things get rough.

we all wish both of you the best

nijinski
11-30-2011, 12:10 AM
So sorry to hear about your Mom Sammy.

newtothegame
11-30-2011, 12:13 AM
Sammy,
Your family will be in our thoughts and prayers.
Paul

NJ Stinks
11-30-2011, 01:45 AM
I wish I had an alternative treatment I could tell you about, Sammy.

I wish your Mom only the best - and you too.

PaceAdvantage
11-30-2011, 04:40 AM
First, prayers to you and your family. I have been taking B17/Laetrile since i read " World Without Cancer". I dont have cancer or anything else, and plan to stay that way. Havent even had the sniffles since starting the B17, but i also take a decent amount to Vitamin C, D3, Curcumin and Garlic. By the way, the B17 i take is in the form of Apricot Kernals, they come in 1lb and 2lb bags. rbjI was going to mention this as well. A coworker who is into this sort of thing brought it to my attention one day. One of the only "alternatives" that actually makes some sense to me, at least as far as the mechanism is explained.

But then again, the medical establishment has stated that Laetrile is not effective in killing cancer... :rolleyes:

But chemo/radiation is.... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

sammy the sage
11-30-2011, 06:57 AM
Thanks for all the kind words everybody...

RBJ and PA....will look into that...again...thanks.

RaceBookJoe
12-01-2011, 10:34 PM
Thanks for all the kind words everybody...

RBJ and PA....will look into that...again...thanks.

http://www.apricotpower.com/

This is the company we buy from.

World Without Cancer by G Edward Griffen is a good book.

Another holistic doctor i follow is Dr. Leonard Coldwell. He has some good stuff. One of his books is "The Only Answer to Cancer" . Your family will be in my prayers. rbj

sammy the sage
01-17-2012, 09:38 PM
First of all...thanks for all the kind words/advice posted!

I could not persuade her to pursue much in the way of alternative treatments...although there's 5 to 7 things that looked pretty good...and some that are out & out quackery...but's another discussion for another time...

She's got very good insurance + medi-care/cade...so she went the chemo/radiation route..UGH..

Chemo is 6 hours dosed once a week and radiation 15 to 45 mins almost every day...they just cut a port into right shoulder...gross...I couldn't/wouldn't do it...must say her attitude has been pretty good considering...just very tired...understandably...waiting for hair to fall out :D ...well it's not...but she would want that...

Meanwhile...now I find out that my dad is supposed to have a heart valve replacement...but has been waiting because of mom...j/geez...

Good news...been some damn fine weather in Florida...and betting has gone well lately.

Man up and tell your "loved" ones..you "LOVE" them....

ps...real men wear gowns!

Grits
01-17-2012, 10:15 PM
Sammy, this is a lot. Hang in there, sweetie. Hang in there.

Thoughts and prayers for your mom and your dad--and for you.

NJ Stinks
01-17-2012, 10:25 PM
I second what Grits posted, Sammy.

Man up. :ThmbUp:

maddog42
01-17-2012, 11:19 PM
Got word 3 days ago that a girlfriend of mine from way back was terminal from breast cancer having spread. She is still a good friend of mine even though we haven't dated in 30 years. She called to tell me herself. Her husband passed in December, so she is having a rough time. We talked about an hour and she confided she was too busy to die. What do you say to someone who has this kind of bad luck thrown at them? All I did for about an hour was try to be a good friend and be sympathetic. I am not very good in situations like this, but things will get better.

NJ Stinks
01-18-2012, 02:16 AM
I can't imagine anyone being confident in a situation like you found yourself in, Maddog.

Still, it's nice to think she felt she could call you.

boxcar
01-18-2012, 10:59 AM
So they cut on my mother for lung cancer today...but then couldn't operate...had advanced too far...guess from stage 2 to stage 3...

She's still got a shot w/chemo/radiation...but it's don't look good...but her spirits are still up...so that's a positive..

But then I hear from an employee's husband whose had been helping w/her dad...she walked in and found him dead...ugh...

anyways...broke out the bottle of good scotch...

Anybody had any experience w/alternative treatments on cancer...there's many on-line of course...but there are a FEW of you here that I'd at least consider opinion's a little more reputable...than a site trying to sell you something.

by the way...If you got somebody you love...tell 'em NOW.

If you never listen to what I write..just at LEAST...do THAT...now.

You won't regret it...I promise you...

Oh, Sammy, I'm so sorry to hear about your mom. I'll be keeping her in my prayers.

There are many alternative treatments out there, but truthfully I haven't researched them. I can't tell you what is effective and what isn't. It would probably take you weeks to research them all.

Boxcar

Ocala Mike
01-18-2012, 01:53 PM
sammy and maddog, prayers and healing vibes sent your way from here.

Ocala Mike

lamboguy
01-18-2012, 03:18 PM
sammy and maddog, prayers and healing vibes sent your way from here.

Ocala Mike
nice way to put things, i second that

PaceAdvantage
01-19-2012, 03:00 AM
STS,

Here's hoping things turn out for the best with both your Mom and Dad...

Some excellent advice you give there at the end...

First of all...thanks for all the kind words/advice posted!

I could not persuade her to pursue much in the way of alternative treatments...although there's 5 to 7 things that looked pretty good...and some that are out & out quackery...but's another discussion for another time...

She's got very good insurance + medi-care/cade...so she went the chemo/radiation route..UGH..

Chemo is 6 hours dosed once a week and radiation 15 to 45 mins almost every day...they just cut a port into right shoulder...gross...I couldn't/wouldn't do it...must say her attitude has been pretty good considering...just very tired...understandably...waiting for hair to fall out :D ...well it's not...but she would want that...

Meanwhile...now I find out that my dad is supposed to have a heart valve replacement...but has been waiting because of mom...j/geez...

Good news...been some damn fine weather in Florida...and betting has gone well lately.

Man up and tell your "loved" ones..you "LOVE" them....

ps...real men wear gowns!

maddog42
01-19-2012, 08:40 AM
STS,

Here's hoping things turn out for the best with both your Mom and Dad...

Some excellent advice you give there at the end...

Sammy, I am sorry to hijack your thread with that story of mine. Something that I forgot to share with you: They told my cousin that he was terminal about 20 years ago. He lived for 15 years AFTER that. I am not a very religious person, but these Doctors don't know everything. Sometimes there is definitely a plan that they are not privy to. Good luck.

sammy the sage
09-08-2014, 08:57 AM
Taking BOTH parents out for their 58th anniversary...yes everybody's prayers must have helped...many thanks...

She's feeble but still in good spirits...which is all anyone can ask at this point...

again thanks for all the kind words...

Tom
09-08-2014, 09:34 AM
Glad to hear, Sammy!
Enjoy! :ThmbUp:

cj's dad
09-08-2014, 11:05 AM
Wow ! approaching 3 years. I'm sure there were some bad days in between but at least you still have her and your father.

God bless.

iceknight
09-08-2014, 12:03 PM
Nice to hear this good news. Continued good wishes and your message of sharing the love holds good everyday!

JustRalph
09-08-2014, 12:44 PM
Hang in there! :ThmbUp:

PaceAdvantage
09-08-2014, 02:55 PM
Happy to hear! :ThmbUp:

sammy the sage
03-17-2016, 09:38 PM
so Doc wrote the script for hospice today..."mom" has handled it outwardly surprisingly well...dad also...of course we knew it was coming... :(

Tom
03-17-2016, 11:07 PM
Sorry to hear Sammy.
More prayers for her and you.

PhantomOnTour
03-18-2016, 12:37 AM
My heart goes out to you Sammy - trust me, I know where you're coming from.

I will keep y'all in my prayers

bobbyb
03-18-2016, 05:48 AM
Sadden to hear this news Sammy. Your family will be in our prayers,

bobby

reckless
03-18-2016, 06:01 AM
You're in my prayers sammy.

tucker6
03-18-2016, 07:37 AM
Hospice, the one word of advice no one ever wants to hear from a doctor. I missed this thread over the years, and am sorry to see you going through this. The important thing to remember is that you have gotten nearly five more years of "I love you" out of your mouth to your mother.

Rookies
03-18-2016, 08:18 AM
Never mind. Sorry.

PaceAdvantage
03-18-2016, 10:27 AM
Hang in there Sammy. Many of us have walked in your shoes and know what a difficult time this can be. :(

lamboguy
03-18-2016, 11:13 AM
sorry to hear about your mother. i am praying for you and your family.

Inner Dirt
03-18-2016, 12:19 PM
Sorry to hear that, at least she fought and made it probably a lot longer than expected, F**K Cancer!

dartman51
03-18-2016, 01:43 PM
So sorry to hear, Sammy. Prayers for you and your family.

Grits
03-20-2016, 08:46 PM
so Doc wrote the script for hospice today..."mom" has handled it outwardly surprisingly well...dad also...of course we knew it was coming... :(

Your mom has fought her cancer, relentlessly, for so long, Sammy. You come from good, strong stock, bud. My prayers are with all of you. <3

betovernetcapper
03-20-2016, 10:51 PM
I empathize. The only thing I can suggest is visit her as often as possible and give her anything she wants, candy, books, whatever. If she has a regular nurse or caregiver, slip them a few bucks. Most people don't & it can't hurt. They may look in on her a little more often.
Once again, I'm very sorry about your situation.

Tall One
03-21-2016, 08:42 AM
Hang in there Sammy. Many of us have walked in your shoes and know what a difficult time this can be. :(

Amen.

-Thoughts and prayers are with you, Sammy.

sammy the sage
03-25-2016, 09:32 PM
wanted to thank everyone for the kind words and prayers...mom's hanging in there...from 270 lbs to 91 lbs...tough to bear...but no tears...watching tv and still giving dad grief...bless his heart ...what a trooper...

me...hit me w/a bolt of lightning or something...this is tough...to go on & out like this...

tucker6
03-25-2016, 09:40 PM
wanted to thank everyone for the kind words and prayers...mom's hanging in there...from 270 lbs to 91 lbs...tough to bear...but no tears...watching tv and still giving dad grief...bless his heart ...what a trooper...

me...hit me w/a bolt of lightning or something...this is tough...to go on & out like this...
If she has no regrets, neither should you. You'll find strength in that. I'll be thinking of you.