PDA

View Full Version : The truth about the dollar and it's future

sammy the sage
11-29-2011, 09:35 PM
this gentleman says it far better than I:

""If you are able to create money at will, and give it to your friends and allies with even relative discretion, you are able to confiscate, without visible effort, the labor and wealth of every person who holds that currency, wherever they are and however they seek to protect it. It is the end of sovereignty and the right to private ownership of all goods and property that are valued by that currency. And it is a power too great to be held inviolate by any small group of men with the ability to act in secrecy.

In a remarkably effective ploy of misdirection and mass persuasion, the kleptocrats and oligarchs have focused the attention and the anger of the middle class on the 'welfare state,' the poor and the elderly and the weak, under the moralistic banner of austerity. Meanwhile they are scooping up the income and wealth of nations for the top one percent, who are ironically portrayed as champions of freedom.""

http://jessescrossroadscafe.blogspot.com/2011/11/currency-wars-why-financial-engineers.html

by the way...read that LAST line again...

""Meanwhile they are scooping up the income and wealth of nations for the top one percent, who are ironically portrayed as champions of freedom.""

Many here defend THESE bastards...pretty SICKENING; if you ask me...

they DO WAY more HARM than the 47% un-employed leech's...

Just think BIG picture...of course that's BEYOND some of ya'll's comprehension...........

PaceAdvantage
11-30-2011, 04:15 AM
Yeah, we're all morons. You're the only one who can see the big picture.

When we're all cowering in our basements with $0 registering on the ATM balance screen, we'll be sure to post here that you were right all along, ok?

badcompany
11-30-2011, 01:58 PM

""If you are able to create money at will, and give it to your friends and allies with even relative discretion, you are able to confiscate, without visible effort, the labor and wealth of every person who holds that currency, wherever they are and however they seek to protect it. It is the end of sovereignty and the right to private ownership of all goods and property that are valued by that currency. And it is a power too great to be held inviolate by any small group of men with the ability to act in secrecy.

In a remarkably effective ploy of misdirection and mass persuasion, the kleptocrats and oligarchs have focused the attention and the anger of the middle class on the 'welfare state,' the poor and the elderly and the weak, under the moralistic banner of austerity. Meanwhile they are scooping up the income and wealth of nations for the top one percent, who are ironically portrayed as champions of freedom.""

http://jessescrossroadscafe.blogspot.com/2011/11/currency-wars-why-financial-engineers.html

by the way...read that LAST line again...

""Meanwhile they are scooping up the income and wealth of nations for the top one percent, who are ironically portrayed as champions of freedom.""

Many here defend THESE bastards...pretty SICKENING; if you ask me...

they DO WAY more HARM than the 47% un-employed leech's...

Just think BIG picture...of course that's BEYOND some of ya'll's comprehension...........

While there's a lot of truth in that piece, Liberals should be very happy with the current monetary model.

In an environment of sound money and no Fed to manipulate interest rates, the unsustainability of big government would've been exposed a long time ago.

However, with the Fed buying Government debt by the trillions, politicians can levy this brand of backdoor taxation and we don't have to have a "Come to Jesus" moment regarding our finances.

HUSKER55
11-30-2011, 04:13 PM
just a thought,

tear up those credit cards and watch them guys fall.

save up and pay cash

sammy the sage
12-01-2011, 05:40 AM
Yeah, we're all morons. You're the only one who can see the big picture.

When we're all cowering in our basements with $0 registering on the ATM balance screen, we'll be sure to post here that you were right all along, ok?

W/all that's been going on; missed this reply.

That wasn't THE point of the post...

Certainly you're NOT all morons...many here though are dogmatic...

So what is THE point...

a)..to add MORE clarity to the BIG picture...and I'm certainly not always right.

b)..to get a FEW more of ya'll to vote OUT any and ALL incumbents on bOTH sides...regardless of the party you would be voting for...we need term limits...and slashing of political perks..

c)..discussion on alternative ideas besides loading up on guns and gold...since we both know that option (B) will never happen...personally was thinking of making booze...that NEVER goes out of demand...and should be able to trade for anything.

ps...P.A...I know you won't have a $0 balance...more likely to get caught w/a balance of $14,678,666+ in Zimbabwe or monopoly money in your trading account..

Buy a few horses before that happens...at least you can eat them if they don't run well

sammy the sage
12-01-2011, 07:53 PM
speaking of Zimbabwa...

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/zimbabwe-bashes-us-dollar-alligns-yuan

badcompany
12-02-2011, 10:22 AM
ps...P.A...I know you won't have a $0 balance...more likely to get caught w/a balance of $14,678,666+ in Zimbabwe or monopoly money in your trading account..

So, I take it you'll be voting for Ron Paul, as he's been the only candidate to address this issue in depth.

Robert Goren
12-02-2011, 10:33 AM
There are/used to be some Jared Loughner videos on youtube that pretty well explain the thinking of a crazy person on the dollar. It is amazing how close they are to some of the people who post here.

lamboguy
12-02-2011, 10:41 AM
the toughest thing in the world is to be able to analyse what the future might bring and be correct with that analysis. it is impossible to read any living human's brain and his intents. i try to and i am wrong more often than right.

so what we all do is try to read the past performances of the world to be able to predict what might happen going forward. even if you are able to do just that, whatever occurs going forward is never completely the same.

what sammy the sage is telling us looks fairly obvious at first glance. the few rich people of the world have always made the rules. there is no such thing as rich people if there aren't poor ones that struggle. i am not here to argue with him or anyone else that has the same or opposite opinion. what truly does make sense is that life is all about beliefs and perception. one person can look at something and claim that it is beautiful, while the other person sees the very same thing and calls it ugly.

lamboguy
12-02-2011, 08:56 PM
as of this moment there are people that had their money with the clearing house of MF, that don't have access to their funds. some of those people are farmers that hedge their cattle, soybeans, corn, sugar, pork bellies and other things. those people cannot hedge their crops and cattle right now because their money is in a custodian account that came from MF. so far there is something over $1 billion missing from MF, there may be more missing.

Robert Fischer
12-02-2011, 11:27 PM

""

but private ownership of the means of production is part of the reason for unequal wealth distribution ??

Robert Fischer
12-02-2011, 11:32 PM

""...

In a remarkably effective ploy of misdirection and mass persuasion, the kleptocrats and oligarchs have focused the attention and the anger of the middle class on the 'welfare state,' the poor and the elderly and the weak, under the moralistic banner of austerity. Meanwhile they are scooping up the income and wealth of nations for the top one percent, who are ironically portrayed as champions of freedom.""..

with the information age and neoinformation age, market forces move towards equilibrium. However in a power structure such as the power-based global capitalistic economy - market forces move toward unequal(over-simplified description) distribution.

this propaganda fits in among the conflict

classhandicapper
12-03-2011, 01:28 AM
Our monetary and banking system is fundamentally unsound. It's not even a free market system. A free market system would not have a Wizard of Oz standing behind a curtain setting interest rates the way he and few of his munchkins see fit.

It exists in this form because both the government and financial elite benefit from the ability to transfer wealth to themselves in a way that much of the public does not understand. Basically, what they can't take from us via taxation (because the public understands taxes and would throw them out of office), they take from us via inflation (which most people don't understand). The government pays for a portion of the welfare/warfare state this way and Wall St has its losses socialized when the latest easy credit boom blows up and they start mounting.

The biggest problem with the system is that easy money and credit plants the seeds of rolling booms and busts that keep getting larger and larger and now threaten the entire financial system.

The USD is a joke, but it's no more of a joke than any other paper currencies.

I think you more of less have to own assets in for the form of businesses, land, real estate, commodities depending on where the best values are etc... Bonds and cash are trash.

Tom
12-03-2011, 10:46 AM
just a thought,

tear up those credit cards and watch them guys fall.

save up and pay cash

The best way to turn the economy around would be for the gov to declare all credit card balances to be zero. Imagine the wave of spending.........

chickenhead
12-03-2011, 03:22 PM
The dollar will be fine for a few years, probably even strengthen for awhile.

Long term it's in trouble. When everyone else has gone to hell and the dollar is peaked, go hard into bullion. Beef bullion.

lamboguy
12-03-2011, 06:13 PM
the thing that perplex's me is this MF deal. i can't understand how the CME has not paid off the customers that had their money stolen from them.

to me everything is quite confusing, we are in completely unchartered territory on what is going on these days.

i don't see why anyone would want to bail out country's like greece and portugal, they have a history of never paying anyone, and they lack ability to pay too,

the guy that says to own commodity's and real estate got it right in my opinion.

Native Texan III
12-04-2011, 07:16 PM
but private ownership of the means of production is part of the reason for unequal wealth distribution ??

No, here it is private ownership of the Government that does that.

Tom
12-04-2011, 07:54 PM
No one has taken more from Wall Street than........Obama.
And Dodd, Frank, Pelosi, Reid.....the list goes on.

sammy the sage
12-04-2011, 08:57 PM
No one has taken more from Wall Street than........Obama.
And Dodd, Frank, Pelosi, Reid.....the list goes on.

The actual FACTUAL list...

http://www.usatoday.com/news/washington/story/2011-11-15/congress-wealthy-1/51216626/1

pretty EQUAL on BOTH sides of the aisle...as far as getting wealthy at your's & I's expense

bigmack
12-04-2011, 09:19 PM
The actual FACTUAL list...
http://www.usatoday.com/news/washington/story/2011-11-15/congress-wealthy-1/51216626/1
pretty EQUAL on BOTH sides of the aisle...as far as getting wealthy at your's & I's expense
Who would be dumb enough to reply to a post about taking money from Wall Street and post a link to the net worth of politicians and label it "The actual FACTUAL list." :confused:

badcompany
12-05-2011, 09:57 AM
No, here it is private ownership of the Government that does that.

With this view, there are essentially two options:

1. Massive downsizing of Government and Regulations. This will take a lot of money out of the hands of politicians, bureaucrats and technocrats, and remove much of the profitability out of buying them off. Corporations would find it more profitable to focus their efforts on satisfying the wants and needs of consumers.

2. Nationalization of the private sector and have the government be responsible for production and distribution of goods and services.

I vote for 1. How about you?

lamboguy
12-05-2011, 10:11 AM
this deal in europe last week where the united states made it easier for banks to obtain dollars is nothing short of fascism where government partners up with corporation. its completely unfair to normal people trying to support their family's.

the 4 dirtiest words have become "TO BIG TO FAIL"

as we can see now, RON PAUL gets no help at all from his political party. with the list of want to be candidates he is getting about 18% of the vote according to polls i see. he spells all this out in black and white, and he also supports abolishing taxes on transfers of gold into paper. he claims gold is a currency and should be treated like one.

sammy the sage
12-05-2011, 07:45 PM
Who would be dumb enough to reply to a post about taking money from Wall Street and post a link to the net worth of politicians and label it "The actual FACTUAL list." :confused:

Not AS dumb as the person I WAS responding too...nor AS dumb as THE person who takes cheap shot's at other poster's INSTEAD of addressing the topic at hand,,, :lol: :faint:

IBCNU
12-05-2011, 11:48 PM
During a visit to Britain in 1763, The Bank of England asked Benjamin Franklin how he would account for the new found prosperity in the colonies. Franklin replied.

"That is simple. In the colonies we issue our own money. It is called Colonial Script. We issue it in proper proportion to the demands of trade and industry to make the products pass easily from the producers to the consumers.

In this manner, creating for ourselves our own paper money, we control its purchasing power, and we have no interest to pay to no one."
Benjamin Franklin 1

Let me issue and control a nation's money and I care not who writes the laws." ...Mayer Amsched Rothchild.

IBCNU
12-05-2011, 11:51 PM
Now the fed prints promissary fiat notes at fractional reserve and and assumes the ecomony remains robust enough to make this wallpaper buy the same loaf of bread.

IBCNU
12-05-2011, 11:58 PM
[QUOTE=lamboguy]the thing that perplex's me is this MF deal.

You know what the kicker is? John Corzine mainly helped craft the stimulus bill....now he's taking the fifth.

Robert Goren
12-06-2011, 07:17 AM
The biggest boon to politicians was when Reagan took a way corporate write offs. A truly noble effort. But..... The politicians have taking money to put them back in the tax codes ever since. Now there is an attempt to do the same thing all over again. Does anyone really expect a different result. That plan should be renamed "The Welfare for Politicians Act of 2012"

lamboguy
12-06-2011, 09:03 AM
[QUOTE=lamboguy]the thing that perplex's me is this MF deal.

You know what the kicker is? John Corzine mainly helped craft the stimulus bill....now he's taking the fifth.
i remember this vice president, Joe Biden, campaigning with Jon "the slime" Corzine in 2009. when obama got elected he 500 different economists to get advice from, he had guys from the right, center and left. the best he could do is find Jon "the slime" Corzine. the man who preached bank holliday's and might have single handed taken down the commodity markets single handed

Robert Goren
12-06-2011, 09:31 AM
Corzine took over a hedge fund that was pretty bad shape ,he took some heavily leveraged gambles on the European debt in an attempt to turn the company around. If the process he did some fancy foot work with some accounts that he should not have. The whole thing blew up in his face. He should go to jail. I would like to point though that he did not do anything that a lot of bankers didn't also do in 2006 and 2007. None of those guys are going to jail. The government is not going to have to bail out MF Global either. If Corzine wasn't a politician, nobody would care about this whole mess.

so.cal.fan
12-06-2011, 02:11 PM
'tear up those credit cards and watch them guys fall.

save up and pay cash'

What would happen if everyone drew all their money out of all banks as well?

I think the economy would crash within a week?

Would this be the case?

Bigger question is: would people have the will and nerve to do it?

Robert Goren
12-06-2011, 03:08 PM
'tear up those credit cards and watch them guys fall.

save up and pay cash'

What would happen if everyone drew all their money out of all banks as well?

I think the economy would crash within a week?

Would this be the case?

Bigger question is: would people have the will and nerve to do it?In the early thirties, we saw what happened when people in mass withdrew their money from the banks. It was not pretty.

so.cal.fan
12-06-2011, 07:19 PM
Aren't they doing this in Greece right now, RG?
Let's see what happens.
Perhaps this is what we need for it all to fall apart and start over with a new and better system?
Hey, can't get a whole lot worse? Or can it?
:bang: :eek:

chickenhead
12-08-2011, 12:42 AM
the thing that perplex's me is this MF deal. i can't understand how the CME has not paid off the customers that had their money stolen from them.

to me everything is quite confusing, we are in completely unchartered territory on what is going on these days.

i don't see why anyone would want to bail out country's like greece and portugal, they have a history of never paying anyone, and they lack ability to pay too,

the guy that says to own commodity's and real estate got it right in my opinion.

How MF Global did it, perfectly legally -- this sounds about right, and as per usual, scary as shit if true as everyone else is doing it too. Everyone's collateral getting reused, over and over and over again, more leverage more leverage more leverage.

http://newsandinsight.thomsonreuters.com/Securities/Insight/2011/12_-_December/MF_Global_and_the_great_Wall_St_re-hypothecation_scandal/

riskman
12-08-2011, 01:46 AM
MF Global is enough to turn your stomach.How after Madoff and others can we still have a system that allows this to happen? Has the 600M been located yet? Don't hold your breath.The employees also had a ESOP. Looks like they are screwed as well.
Are we turning into a lawless society? The investors who signed the MF agreements should have their heads examined. What a train wreck.

Robert Goren
12-08-2011, 06:57 AM
Aren't they doing this in Greece right now, RG?
Let's see what happens.
Perhaps this is what we need for it all to fall apart and start over with a new and better system?
Hey, can't get a whole lot worse? Or can it?
:bang: :eek:No, that is not what is happening in Greece right now and Yes, it can get a whole lot worse than it is right now.

so.cal.fan
12-08-2011, 10:10 AM
http://dfw.cbslocal.com/?podcast_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.podtrac.com%2Fpts%2F redirect.mp3%2Fnyc.podcast.play.it%2Fmedia%2Fd0%2F d0%2Fd0%2FdZ%2FdE%2FdW%2FdV%2FZEWV_3.MP3%3Fauthtok %3D5561635540411185152_fr6GdTjeso2Kpv40T1OeLvEMBY&podcast_name=Weekly+Economic+Update+12-5-2011&podcast_artist=1080+KRLD&station_id=91&tag=&dcid=CBS.DALLAS

so.cal.fan
12-08-2011, 12:06 PM
http://www.foxbusiness.com/index.html

lamboguy
12-08-2011, 12:10 PM
http://www.foxbusiness.com/index.htmlthis guy, MIKE FROM EAST TEXAS is putting me in my place!

so.cal.fan
12-08-2011, 03:04 PM
One of the posters on this board. El Kabong, who is a business man from Texas told me about this show, comes on Sunday night or Monday morning depending on where you are from Dallas, Texas.
I've been listening to it since 2010, this man has been about 90% right about what is happened and is happening now, and about to happen.
Disregard his comments at your own risk.

lamboguy
12-08-2011, 03:16 PM
One of the posters on this board. El Kabong, who is a business man from Texas told me about this show, comes on Sunday night or Monday morning depending on where you are from Dallas, Texas.
I've been listening to it since 2010, this man has been about 90% right about what is happened and is happening now, and about to happen.
Disregard his comments at your own risk.
i have no arguement with that. the man is a ton and spot on! he came up with things that i couldn't dream of. he obviously is more in tune than myself reguarding international affairs.

i know that all these banks are broke, he knows exactly why they are. if you can take his analysis and use it going forward you will be on the right side of things.

the main thing that i gathered from his comments are that there are some bad problems brewing down the road. more than likely there is a big shift in monetary policy in this country going forward to print much more of the stuff. he also said something that i have agreed with for a long time, the dollar is going to remain the reserve currency of the world no matter what happens going forward. but that still doesn't mean you should sell your gold to hold paper dollars, that looks to risky for me.

rgustafson
12-08-2011, 04:54 PM
Read John Mauldin's Endgame: The End of the Debt Supercycle, for an in depth picture of the global nature of this crisis and just what it means to us and how bad this could be.

lamboguy
12-08-2011, 05:09 PM
i have to be very optomistic. we are all here breathing the same air. the united states has all the food and natural resources that the population needs. other countries are envious of us. financially, this country has plenty of gold. i believe ultimately that gold is going to bail this country out of any financial mess that it gets itself into.

i am long america, and i am long gold

so.cal.fan
12-08-2011, 05:09 PM
They announced not long ago on Fox Business Channel that Germany is backing out of the latest attempt to finance the EU.
A man named Marc Farber came on and said the EU is doomed to collapse, because all these different countries, using the same currency but different fiscal policies doesn't work.
Some people think that smart insiders will be "laundering" Euros, exchanging them for our dollars.
Are the Central Banks, including our Federal Reserve a criminal enterprise?
Maybe they even run the world? YIKES, someone tell me it's not as bad as it looks? Please? :eek:

IBCNU
12-08-2011, 06:17 PM
EVENTUALLY....Either France and Germany will guarantee this EU debt with one or two member nations leaving, or they will run hat in hand and tail between their legs to the IMF bank and beg. By the by.....the U.S. is responsible/obligated for 13% of that fund last I checked....think 300 billion plus. So, (methinks) without congressional approval we will be bailing out a good chunk of that failed socialist experiment over there.

newtothegame
12-08-2011, 06:27 PM
One thing that I don't see being addressed alot regarding the EU and its possible collapse. I recently believe I read something recently that above 90% of Americas exports go to the EU. If The EU collapses, wouldnt it be a safe assumption to say those exports will greatly decline?
That would mean a huge upturn in unemployment here with massive layoffs.
A lot more people turning for the government to pay for their needs...
etc etc..
This can get real ugly real quick!
Not a pretty sight if they prognosticators are right in this.
Has anyone else seen or read about encampments being built around the U.S to prepare for the possibility of mass chaos in the streets?
http://www.shtfplan.com/headline-news/detainment-camps-going-live-fema-seeking-subcontractors-to-provide-temporary-camp-services-in-all-50-states_12072011

http://www.prisonplanet.com/detention-camp-order-follows-preparations-for-civil-unrest.html

http://www.prisonplanet.com/exclusive-government-activating-fema-camps-across-u-s.html

Now I know there will be some who get on here and say these guys are "loons" etc etc. But, please discount the story..... I would seriously like to think this is NOT happening. If it is, it would show a serious concern by our government that the people are not prepared for!

RaceBookJoe
12-08-2011, 07:29 PM
One thing that I don't see being addressed alot regarding the EU and its possible collapse. I recently believe I read something recently that above 90% of Americas exports go to the EU. If The EU collapses, wouldnt it be a safe assumption to say those exports will greatly decline?
That would mean a huge upturn in unemployment here with massive layoffs.
A lot more people turning for the government to pay for their needs...
etc etc..
This can get real ugly real quick!
Not a pretty sight if they prognosticators are right in this.
Has anyone else seen or read about encampments being built around the U.S to prepare for the possibility of mass chaos in the streets?
http://www.shtfplan.com/headline-news/detainment-camps-going-live-fema-seeking-subcontractors-to-provide-temporary-camp-services-in-all-50-states_12072011

http://www.prisonplanet.com/detention-camp-order-follows-preparations-for-civil-unrest.html

http://www.prisonplanet.com/exclusive-government-activating-fema-camps-across-u-s.html

Now I know there will be some who get on here and say these guys are "loons" etc etc. But, please discount the story..... I would seriously like to think this is NOT happening. If it is, it would show a serious concern by our government that the people are not prepared for!

I have read about the camps..not sure what to make of it. The big issue in this country not being talked about is that 2011 is the start of the retirement phase of 79M Baby Boomers. Thats over 4M/yr, 350K/month , 12K/day retiring. Think about how this will affect the financial system considering that they were a big part of the dotcom and real estate boom. They also have about 75% of the total wealth in this country, and around 1/3 of them only have enough retirement assets to last a year. The largest part of the population is about to become sellers. Just something to think about. rbj

so.cal.fan
12-08-2011, 08:55 PM
I take it seriously, newtothegame.
The politicians don't have the ba**s to start manufacturing our own stuff again, and create jobs. Using our vast resources, oil, coal and natural gas.
The US is the "Saudi Arabia" of natural gas. We have more than anywhere on the planet.
We have been trying to "save the world" for decades, using the progressive utopia schemes that obviously don't work.
Eventually, we'll have to save ourselves, because we can't save the world.
It won't be easy in the short run, but in the long run, it will work.
Let's hope some of these politicians have the guts to do what needs to be done, more so, the people have the guts to do it.
The FEMA camps are real. I don't know what they are for, but perhaps these people exposing them are right, don't know about that, but it is very disturbing.
We live in "interesting" times.
SIGH

newtothegame
12-08-2011, 10:43 PM
I take it seriously, newtothegame.
The politicians don't have the ba**s to start manufacturing our own stuff again, and create jobs. Using our vast resources, oil, coal and natural gas.
The US is the "Saudi Arabia" of natural gas. We have more than anywhere on the planet.
We have been trying to "save the world" for decades, using the progressive utopia schemes that obviously don't work.
Eventually, we'll have to save ourselves, because we can't save the world.
It won't be easy in the short run, but in the long run, it will work.
Let's hope some of these politicians have the guts to do what needs to be done, more so, the people have the guts to do it.
The FEMA camps are real. I don't know what they are for, but perhaps these people exposing them are right, don't know about that, but it is very disturbing.
We live in "interesting" times.
SIGH

Well obviously, the government is expecting something big. Otherwise, why the need for the camps?
I agree though, I think the U.S will come out of this for the better in the long run. But, with that being said, there are tough times ahead!!! I don't see anyway around that aspect.

lamboguy
12-12-2011, 09:50 AM
i just learned of this. if you have a margin account in a brokerage firm you have to know your risks.
http://newsandinsight.thomsonreuters.com/Securities/Insight/2011/12_-_December/MF_Global_and_the_great_Wall_St_re-hypothecation_scandal/