PDA

View Full Version : KY Steward Veitch Dismissed; No Cause Given

andymays
11-28-2011, 06:52 PM
http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/66384/ky-steward-veitch-dismissed-no-cause-given#ixzz1f2th2fCd

Excerpt:

John Veitch, chief steward for the Kentucky Horse Racing Commission who was the subject of an investigation into the Life At Ten situation during the 2010 Breeders’ Cup World Championships, was dismissed from his position Nov. 28.
Tom Miller, Veitch’s attorney, confirmed that his client received a letter from the Public Protection Cabinet, which oversees the KHRC, stating that Veitch’s “services were no longer needed.” Miller said the letter also stated that Veitch was being dismissed without cause, meaning that he would not have a right to appeal the decision to the state Personnel Board.

nijinski
11-28-2011, 07:18 PM
With the outcry following that debacle , not surprised .
I'm sure he won't have a problem getting a job in the industry in
the near future.

toussaud
11-28-2011, 08:41 PM
about time :ThmbUp:

lamboguy
11-28-2011, 11:19 PM
i think that this was not the first time he was let go in the racing business. i think he got into a beef with the fine folks at the calumet farms.

anyway, i still want to thank him for having ALYDAR ready his first race back as a three year old in gulfstream. i think he paid something like $3.80, and i had all my case money on that horse that day!

Cardus
11-28-2011, 11:35 PM
If someone had told the people who fired Veitch that his firing would prompt a person in Internet Land to redboard an Alydar score, I'd like to think that they would have reconsidered their decision.

Spalding No!
11-29-2011, 12:55 AM
If someone had told the people who fired Veitch that his firing would prompt a person in Internet Land to redboard an Alydar score, I'd like to think that they would have reconsidered their decision.

I would have tolerated a Proud Truth in the BC Classic off 7 days rest redboard.

PaceAdvantage
11-29-2011, 01:19 AM
If someone had told the people who fired Veitch that his firing would prompt a person in Internet Land to redboard an Alydar score, I'd like to think that they would have reconsidered their decision.Classic!

FenceBored
11-29-2011, 07:39 AM
Veitch's lawyer points to the Life at Ten case, but what about the Goldikova case.

It doesn't seem like the Kentucky stewards have been covering themselves in glory the past year. So, maybe the commission just thought a change in leadership among the stewards might improve that record.

PhantomOnTour
11-29-2011, 09:52 AM
Good riddance

Tom
11-29-2011, 10:20 AM
As far as Goldy goes, I think civil suits are in order. He flat out stole money from the bettors that day. The man is a disgrace to the game.

DJofSD
11-29-2011, 10:48 AM
Good riddance
Ditto that.

thaskalos
11-29-2011, 11:07 AM
Back to training I guess...

He clearly lacked the integrity needed to be a steward...:)

Cardus
11-29-2011, 02:47 PM
i think that this was not the first time he was let go in the racing business. i think he got into a beef with the fine folks at the calumet farms.

anyway, i still want to thank him for having ALYDAR ready his first race back as a three year old in gulfstream. i think he paid something like $3.80, and i had all my case money on that horse that day!

Alydar paid $2.60 when he won his three-year-old debut... at Hialeah.

He didn't race at Gulfstream Park at three until his third start. He paid $2.40 to win.

Once again, "in ruberboarding non veritas".

castaway01
11-29-2011, 03:07 PM

He didn't race at Gulfstream Park at three until his third start. He paid $2.40 to win.

2 for 2!

As far as Veitch, don't let the door hit ya on the way out.

JustRalph
11-29-2011, 06:00 PM

Come on? If you can recall hitting that bet and red boarding It after all these years.........just getting the state right ain't all bad.......... :lol:

mannyberrios
11-29-2011, 08:07 PM
Come on? If you can recall hitting that bet and red boarding It after all these years.........just getting the state right ain't all bad.......... :lol:
I remember once at school, I took a test, spelled my name right, and they passed me

andymays
11-30-2011, 05:53 PM
http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/66413/veitch-appeals-dismissal-as-ky-chief-steward#ixzz1fEL0GYlu

Excerpt:

John Veitch, who was dismissed Nov. 28 from his position as chief steward for the state of Kentucky, has filed an appeal of the action by the Public Protection Cabinet, contending he was improperly dismissed.

In the Nov. 30 appeal, Veitch said he was terminated “without cause” by the Public Protection Cabinet.

precocity
11-30-2011, 07:20 PM
agreed :lol:

cj
11-30-2011, 07:23 PM

I'm not sure what is worse, a 33 year old redboard or a redboard on a horse that was 1 to 5.