PDA

View Full Version : Any sites or services tracking the moving odds?

dragon49
11-28-2011, 05:46 PM
I'm interested in seeing the following post race data:

The Morning Line and the changing odds for each horse, (Perhaps hourly until 20 minutes before post time, then updated more frequently) up until the the official closing odds, followed by the results and payouts.

Do any sites or services offer this data?

Some_One
11-28-2011, 09:58 PM
By any chance are your a Brit/Euro? Nothing like this is possible in the US as the odds are only available when the previous race finishes. Tracking the odds overnight is a Brit thing as far as I know.

dragon49
11-28-2011, 10:35 PM
No - USA all the way!

I didn't think I would get an answer that I liked, as with the tools that I have available to me, I don't see odds until the previous race finishes, as you described.

I'm interested in finding patterns. As it is possible to wager on races hours before they start, the odds are available, they just are not shared with the public.

Turkoman
11-28-2011, 11:22 PM
No - USA all the way!

I didn't think I would get an answer that I liked, as with the tools that I have available to me, I don't see odds until the previous race finishes, as you described.

I'm interested in finding patterns. As it is possible to wager on races hours before they start, the odds are available, they just are not shared with the public.

I honestly don't get it. What patterns can you possibly find in the wagering hours before the race when the pools are almost empty? Unless you're talking about the Triple Crown or Breeders' Cup races.

dragon49
11-28-2011, 11:47 PM
Perhaps a large enough difference between the morning line and the odds 30 minutes (or 1 hour, or 10 minutes) before a race indicates a certain winning %, or place % or show % for the horse?

It would also help, if the size of the pool were to be published as well thorough the day, so people looking for patterns could see if the changes are relevant enough, knowing the expected pool size.

davew
11-28-2011, 11:50 PM
I think you will get what you want from first flash, as they usually have less than 1% of final pool