PDA

View Full Version : Another Day Trip

cj's dad
11-28-2011, 03:29 PM
This time to Aqueduct. Never been there. It is one of (IMO) 3 major tracks in the US that I have not been to, the others being Delmar and Arlington Park.

JustRalph and I will be coming up on New Years Day. OTMAl will join us.

My son cj and youngest son made this trip on NYD maybe 10 years or so ago and had the buffet and said it was quite good.

Anyway, weather permitting it will cross one more track off of the list.

Delmar this summer hopefully.

Ocala Mike
11-28-2011, 03:42 PM
If you're there on New Year's Day, you'll probably score a nice NYRA calendar for 2012. My pal goes every New year's Day, and always mails me one.

Watch out for the Rastas smoking hemp on the staircases in the grandstand (unless they've cleaned that up by now!).

Ocala Mike

rastajenk
11-28-2011, 03:49 PM
Hey hey there....I call it "handicapping the handicappers." :cool:

Zydeco
11-28-2011, 04:21 PM
This time to Aqueduct. Never been there. It is one of (IMO) 3 major tracks in the US that I have not been to, the others being Delmar and Arlington Park.

JustRalph and I will be coming up on New Years Day. OTMAl will join us.

My son cj and youngest son made this trip on NYD maybe 10 years or so ago and had the buffet and said it was quite good.

Anyway, weather permitting it will cross one more track off of the list.

Would love to go but that is the day my Packers will be welcoming Suh and the lions to Lambeau.Could be must see tv, especially if the Pack activates a offensive lineman off of the practice squad!!

wisconsin
11-28-2011, 04:26 PM

Nothing better than going to the track follwed by a dip at Torrey Pines beach.

PhantomOnTour
11-28-2011, 06:00 PM
I rode the A train from Manhattan all the way from 42nd Street to the Big A. You pop up above ground for awhile as you pass thru Brooklyn....neat.

cj's dad
12-07-2011, 10:21 AM
Coming to Aqueduct on New Years Eve.

JustRalph, OTMAL and I.

Hope the traffic is not brutal getting out of NY on Saturday evening.

Ocala Mike
12-07-2011, 01:38 PM
You'll miss the calendar giveaway by one day. Traffic should be a non-factor; you'll be going against the flow. Enjoy!

Ocala Mike

Zaf
12-07-2011, 11:33 PM
Have Giants - Cowboys tickets that day. If the game means nothing maybe I will sell them and meet you guys :)

Z

cj
12-07-2011, 11:52 PM
Have Giants - Cowboys tickets that day. If the game means nothing maybe I will sell them and meet you guys :)

Z

I'm going to the same game this weekend, just Part I. Lets hope your game means something too!

Zaf
12-08-2011, 12:00 AM
Thanks !! Awesome !! We have a room walking distance to Met Life Stadium !! Stop by before the game for scrambled eggs , sausage and beer :)

Z

Zaf
12-08-2011, 12:02 AM
I'm going to the same game this weekend, just Part I. Lets hope your game means something too!

Yeah we have 4 teams with losing records on the Sched, but with the J.E.T.S. Ya never know :bang: :D

Z

cj
12-08-2011, 12:06 AM
Thanks !! Awesome !! We have a room walking distance to Met Life Stadium !! Stop by before the game for scrambled eggs , sausage and beer :)

Z

I believe you misunderstood. I'm going this weekend in Dallas, thus Part 1. Are you staying at the Sheraton? I stayed there once for the Kickoff Classic, Maryland vs Notre Dame. I'm still waiting for Maryland to score in that game.

Zaf
12-08-2011, 12:11 AM
My bad, thought you were referring to the Jet - Dolphin game on Jan. 1st as Part II. We are Walking distance to Sheraton, we know the manager at the extended stay right across from the Sheraton, so we stay there. Probably spend New Years Eve at the Sheraton though :) Enjoy the game Sunday, the Giants really need this one !!!!

Z

toetoe
12-08-2011, 12:12 AM
Watch out for the Rastas smoking hemp on the staircases in the grandstand (unless they've cleaned that up by now!).

Come on. They've been certified as some of the finest people around. :rolleyes:

WINMANWIN
12-11-2011, 09:31 AM
Hi, Cj and others, What memories. You were so nice when you came to new york and picked me up years ago, we went to Aqueduct around new years. C J DAD and Ralph you will enjoy it, as the track will open the 2nd and 3rd floors next week. Currently the vlt's are on the 1st fl, been there to often in recent weeks,lol. The buffet for 17 bucks or so in the aqueduct clubhouse is well worth it. Time flies by, has anyone heard from the suff man ? hope he is ok. Cowboy's GIANTS tonite, should be a Dandy in texas......... lol...... Enjoy CJ...

cj
12-11-2011, 11:17 AM
Good to hear from you WIN, hope all is well!

JustRalph
12-30-2011, 10:44 PM
FYI, due to Illness, the Trip to AQU on Dec 31 by CJ's Dad and Crew has been canceled.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

Ocala Mike
12-30-2011, 11:00 PM
Bummer. Get well wishes passed along, and hope you guys can reschedule.

Ocala Mike

Grits
12-30-2011, 11:18 PM
CjD and Ralph, hope you guys feel better. Stay warm, cold weather's heading our way it appears again next week!!! ;)

nijinski
12-31-2011, 11:01 AM
What a bummer for Aquaduct , the handle's gonna suffer.
Get Well Soon!!!