PDA

View Full Version : Money Laundering?

so.cal.fan
11-28-2011, 11:33 AM
http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/d9a299a8-1760-11e1-b00e-00144feabdc0.html#axzz1f1BbmKna

If the EURO fails, like it may be in the process of doing just that...is that why our U.S. Treasuries and commodities are becoming more valuable.
Is money from Europe and around the world rushing to safety here in the United States? We are ugly, but still the best looking horse in the race.

Isn't this money laundering? They are buying our Tbills, Gold, Oil, etc with Euros and then they can sell them back in U.S. dollars?
Slick.

DJofSD
11-28-2011, 11:34 AM
Best house on a bad block.

lamboguy
11-28-2011, 11:50 AM
i have a stupid opinion that 80% of all the worlds gold is held by less than 1/2% of the population. there is no such thing that bringing back the gold standard will solve any financial problem that can happen in this world. you can't go to the store and spend gold and you certainly can't eat the stuff. what i am thinking is that this small group of gold holders is going to need a market to sell their gold someday. i firmly believe that that market will arrive once everyone is convinced that the gold standard is the only way out of the financial mess the world is in now. this may take between 3-5 years to occur. the point that i am trying to make is the arrival of the gold standard will probably mark the top in gold itself.

its never a good thing to be complacent in your thoughts, and you must always keep your brain occupied with information and have an ongoing thought process.