PDA

View Full Version : Overlay publications

teddy
11-27-2011, 01:22 PM
Has anyone bought this and consistently used what they learned? Interested in seeing the ways it has been used by those that use it daily to put a value to their selection processes. Yes I read the web site..unbiased opinions please.

Tom
11-27-2011, 01:57 PM
http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?p=530301&highlight=overlay#post530301

Overlay
11-27-2011, 02:42 PM
Has anyone bought this and consistently used what they learned? Interested in seeing the ways it has been used by those that use it daily to put a value to their selection processes. Yes I read the web site..unbiased opinions please.
Thank you for your interest. I see that this was posted in the software section of the board. I might just point out that (as much as I would like to) I have not yet converted my methods to a computerized format (although I always remain open to discussions with anyone more software-savvy than I who would be interested in exploring collaboration on such a project).

Here's a link to another previous thread, in addition to the one that Tom already posted:

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=80940&highlight=inquriy

teddy
11-27-2011, 04:19 PM
Thanks, I play heavy chalk, and am always looking to move up my roi. Saddly its harder than you think. Thought there might be some ideas in your pen/paper method to give value to my spot plays. Or maybe help with value on my exotics.

Overlay
11-27-2011, 04:29 PM
Thanks, I play heavy chalk, and am always looking to move up my roi. Saddly its harder than you think. Thought there might be some ideas in your pen/paper method to give value to my spot plays. Or maybe help with value on my exotics.
I believe that there would be some ideas that you could use (on all counts). Take advantage of my no-questions-asked, 90-day refund policy, and give my items a risk-free try.

Tom
11-27-2011, 05:27 PM
I was looking for the review I did of some of his stuff a few years ago but couldn't find it.

To summarize, it is good stuff that can help you - Overlay is a good guy and he is a player, too.

Overlay
11-27-2011, 06:06 PM
I was looking for the review I did of some of his stuff a few years ago but couldn't find it.

To summarize, it is good stuff that can help you - Overlay is a good guy and he is a player, too.
Tom:

Would this be the thread that you have in mind? (I did a search for posts that you had made that had "Overlay" in them, and, out of those that came up, this one appeared to be the only one related to my items that has not already been mentioned in this thread.)

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=71365&highlight=Overlay

Tom
11-27-2011, 06:58 PM
I think there is one I started that went into more detail, but can't seem to find it....I'll keep looking. I though I did your stuff and someone else's at the same time. Can't remember who,though.

teddy
11-28-2011, 06:23 PM
I believe that there would be some ideas that you could use (on all counts). Take advantage of my no-questions-asked, 90-day refund policy, and give my items a risk-free try.

A MONEYBACK GUARANTEE SOUNDS TOO GOOD TO RESIST. PROBLEM IS THIS IS MY BUSY SEASON. HOW MUCH TIME DOES IT TAKE TO GO THRU THIS AND APPLY TO A RACE. ARE WE TALKING WEEKS OR HOURS! HOW COULD THIS BE APPLIED TO MY SPOT PLAYS. SAY I HAVE 20 SPOT PLAY HORSES KICKED OUT THAT MY SYSTEM SAYS TO PLAY. HOW CAN THIS MOVE UP MY ROI? IN YOUR OPINION ONLY. WOULD ITBE GIVING AWAY TOO MUCH TO SEE YOU HANDICAP A RACE OR TWO?

bigmack
11-28-2011, 07:50 PM
Ted-=E

Does your PM system not work? 82.4% of your posts merit PM's.

Overlay
11-28-2011, 08:25 PM
A MONEYBACK GUARANTEE SOUNDS TOO GOOD TO RESIST. PROBLEM IS THIS IS MY BUSY SEASON. HOW MUCH TIME DOES IT TAKE TO GO THRU THIS AND APPLY TO A RACE. ARE WE TALKING WEEKS OR HOURS! HOW COULD THIS BE APPLIED TO MY SPOT PLAYS. SAY I HAVE 20 SPOT PLAY HORSES KICKED OUT THAT MY SYSTEM SAYS TO PLAY. HOW CAN THIS MOVE UP MY ROI? IN YOUR OPINION ONLY. WOULD ITBE GIVING AWAY TOO MUCH TO SEE YOU HANDICAP A RACE OR TWO?
I've sent you a PM.

teddy
11-28-2011, 08:52 PM
Your pm is full Tim.

Overlay
11-28-2011, 09:07 PM
It has some room now.

valueguy
12-22-2011, 01:12 PM
I tried it a couple of years ago.Found it very labour intensive and it really
wasn,t any improvement to what i was doing at the time.
In this day and age if you can,t get your contenders in 5-8 minutes ,then
you are restricted in how you can win at this game.BUT i found it useful in
determining weak favotites without going through all the work.
If you can find a way to automate it ,then its another way of finding solid
contendrs.

Overlay
12-22-2011, 02:10 PM
I tried it a couple of years ago.Found it very labour intensive and it really
wasn,t any improvement to what i was doing at the time.
In this day and age if you can,t get your contenders in 5-8 minutes ,then
you are restricted in how you can win at this game.BUT i found it useful in
determining weak favotites without going through all the work.
If you can find a way to automate it ,then its another way of finding solid
contendrs.
I created my spin-off methods in recognition of time constraints, and (as you suggest) I am also currently collaborating on a software version.

Overlay
12-22-2011, 03:05 PM
I should also point out that the main focus of my methods is the development of fair-odds figures for all horses in a field (including both "contenders" and "non-contenders"), as well as for exotic-wager combinations and selected spot plays. It is primarily the determination of these fair odds for each horse that adds time beyond what would be required by just making a go/no-go judgment as to whether a particular horse is or is not a "contender" in a given race, which would then normally followed by the total exclusion of all "non-contenders" from any further consideration.

I take this approach because I have found that horses that may not necessarily appear to be among the most likely winners of the race in absolute terms, but that nevertheless are offering betting value based on a comparison of their winning chances with their odds, are a productive source of longshot winners. The fact that they may be considered "non-contenders" (by "traditional", elimination-based, "pick-the-winner" handicapping criteria) is why they are at long odds to begin with.

Ghostrider5
12-22-2011, 08:59 PM
When do you plan on releasing the software version of overlay handicapping methods? And will it closely resemble the publications from your website or will be a oddsline type program.

Ghostrder5

Overlay
12-22-2011, 11:57 PM
When do you plan on releasing the software version of overlay handicapping methods? And will it closely resemble the publications from your website or will be a oddsline type program.

Ghostrder5
I am still in collaboration on the software version (for which I am basically dependent on my collaborator from a programming standpoint), and a release date has not yet been established. My goal is to incorporate as many of the features of all of my current publications as possible, with my primary objective being a full-field fair-odds line, similar to that resulting from Overlay Handicapping.

John
02-11-2012, 10:10 PM
A softwaare Tim, Very intersting.Be sure and let us know.

:) :) :)