PDA

View Full Version : Kindle Fire

Canarsie
11-27-2011, 11:18 AM
Any buyers out there yet who can give a review? Thinking of getting the wife one for Christmas she's the opposite of me doesn't really care for new technology.

JBmadera
11-27-2011, 12:01 PM
got one, disappointed for sure. HUGE Kindle fan and wasn't expecting an iPad 2 for $199 but come on - very slow browser, small screen (too small for my old eyes), and kind of clunky.

JustRalph
11-27-2011, 04:18 PM
got one, disappointed for sure. HUGE Kindle fan and wasn't expecting an iPad 2 for $199 but come on - very slow browser, small screen (too small for my old eyes), and kind of clunky.

I keep hearing this complaint of a slow browser? I have one here in the house and think it runs great. Small screen is a personal problem.

For 200 bucks it's a home run. Especially if you use amazon music in the cloud. Nice iPods cost more and this is an iPod, kindle, gamer, and net device for 200 bucks.

Love the texture of the case too. Rounded corners are nice. Fits in a hip pocket too

Grits
12-12-2011, 02:47 PM
Unhappy consumers are dealing (and panning in reviews) their Kindle Fires. Glad I only purchased the Kindle ereader several months ago, prior to the release of this new gadget.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/12/12/technology/personaltech/amazons-fire-some-say-may-become-the-edsel-of-tablets.html?pagewanted=1&_r=1&smid=fb-nytimes

bigmack
12-12-2011, 02:54 PM
Unhappy consumers are dealing (and panning in reviews) their Kindle Fires. Glad I only purchased the Kindle ereader several months ago, prior to the release of this new gadget.
I knew it. You have soothsayer-like qualities. :ThmbUp:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-n5EqfeLEGbk/TWHXV4Q4o7I/AAAAAAAAAYk/Teg2GHI08QY/s1600/Gypsy-Fortune-Teller.jpg

Grits
12-12-2011, 04:23 PM
Mack, I don't blow money on every new tech item that's rolled out. I wait. I'm good at waiting.

I've always thought that those spending the afternoon and night standing, waiting for the hour that the newest iphone goes on sale when the Apple stores open at 10 a.m . . . . lack better things to do with their time.

Gotta go, Mack.

UPS man just rang the front doorbell, he's here with another pair of shoes I ordered from Zappos. And I didn't have to wait in line for 'em.:lol: