PDA

View Full Version : best cell phone

judd
11-27-2011, 09:33 AM
have had blackberry cruise and have been happy with it but plan is due to be up soon

may change--any favs out there you like ?

HUSKER55
11-27-2011, 01:52 PM
FWIW, grandkids swear by blackberry.

redshift1
11-27-2011, 02:03 PM
Just went back to the Iphone from Android Desire. The Iphone 4 is currently offered for $99 with a two year contract. Battery lasts longer and less quirky than the Desire. Some friends have the 4S and Siri the voice recognition software is a nice addition.

JustRalph
11-27-2011, 04:27 PM
Screen size is paramount for me. If they made a 4 inch iPhone I would own one. They don't so I have an Htc evo. Extended battery is a must though

Check this thread

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=84147

All vids n pics from my evo

chickenhead
11-27-2011, 04:42 PM
it looks like the three best Android phones on the market are the Galaxy Nexus (or Nexus Galaxy, whatever they end up calling it) and the HTC Rezound, and the Galaxy S II. They are are all large phones, the Galaxy Nexus has the latest version of Android, any other Android phone will have to wait for an update.

I wouldn't stray too far from either one of the top newer Android phones or the Iphone 4s. And within the Android family I'd get the Galaxy Nexus, it has newer SW and will always be updated with SW sooner than other Android phones.

Boris
11-27-2011, 06:47 PM
have had blackberry cruise and have been happy with it but plan is due to be up soon

may change--any favs out there you like ?
I think you mean curve, not cruise - correct?

Who is your service provider? Are you happy with them or looking/willing to change?

Canarsie
11-27-2011, 08:09 PM
it looks like the three best Android phones on the market are the Galaxy Nexus (or Nexus Galaxy, whatever they end up calling it) and the HTC Rezound, and the Galaxy S II. They are are all large phones, the Galaxy Nexus has the latest version of Android, any other Android phone will have to wait for an update.

I wouldn't stray too far from either one of the top newer Android phones or the Iphone 4s. And within the Android family I'd get the Galaxy Nexus, it has newer SW and will always be updated with SW sooner than other Android phones.

That's the one I'm waiting for the release date is either December 9th or sometime this coming week. All sorts of rumors on the price from $199 to $299 on the android sites.

My wife has a Bionic and it's outdated already. :lol:

bigmack
11-27-2011, 08:14 PM
People have gone insane trying to keep up with the latest phones. I saw on The History Chanel, the smart phone came in #1 for greatest invention of all time :confused:

They're nifty but besides texting, phone cawls & GPS, I ain't spendin' too much time looking at a 4" screen.

redshift1
11-28-2011, 12:00 AM
Screen size is paramount for me. If they made a 4 inch iPhone I would own one. They don't so I have an Htc evo. Extended battery is a must though

Check this thread

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=84147

All vids n pics from my evo

Just a few months.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1282854

ezmred
11-28-2011, 02:50 PM
need help! anybody know if i could find replacement cell phone (verizon) batteries cheaper then what the verizon store wants ($60)?

thanks in advance
ezmred

forced89
11-28-2011, 03:54 PM
People have gone insane trying to keep up with the latest phones. I saw on The History Chanel, the smart phone came in #1 for greatest invention of all time :confused:

They're nifty but besides texting, phone cawls & GPS, I ain't spendin' too much time looking at a 4" screen.

I recently replace my 8 year old Samsung clam shell with a new Samsung clam shell. It cost all of $10. It allows me to do everything I want; i.e make and receive phone calls and receive text messages. If I wanted, I could send text messages but I don't know how.

JustRalph
11-28-2011, 04:03 PM
need help! anybody know if i could find replacement cell phone (verizon) batteries cheaper then what the verizon store wants ($60)?

thanks in advance
ezmred

Amazon.....was cheaper last I looked

bigmack
11-28-2011, 04:14 PM

This joint has them for more than 50% off retail.
http://www.batteries4less.com/

ezmred
11-28-2011, 06:39 PM
thanks to ralph+mack (can you hear me now!) i got a battery on amazon for $10.37:ThmbUp:

judd
12-11-2011, 04:55 PM
I think you mean curve, not cruise - correct?

Who is your service provider? Are you happy with them or looking/willing to change?

yes, it is curve which i meant and have sprint-very sastisfied

Tom
12-11-2011, 07:48 PM
I am looking to drop Sprint and go to the Wal Mart Trac Phone.
I want to make calls and receive calls. After that, I have no interest in any of the crap they put on phones these days.