> "HOPE AND CHANGE".
>
> 12. I voted Democrat because my head
> is so firmly planted up my ass, it's
> unlikely that I'll ever have another
> point of view.

Robert Goren
11-27-2011, 06:42 AM
There are only three reasons to vote for a republican.
1. I am dumber than the GOP candidate.
2. I am crazier than the GOP candidate.
3. I am richer than God.

Actor
11-27-2011, 12:23 PM
When your "friends" cannot explain why they voted for Republicans, give them this list. They can then pick their reasons

I voted Republican because I like pompous assholes telling me that if I'm not rich it's my own fault.
I voted Republican because it's pretty clever how they moved most of the wealth to the top 1% of the population but are against wealth redistribution.
I voted Republican because I don't need any dignity in my old age and I want my Social Security taken away.
I voted Republican because the country needs a kook like Sarah Palin one heartbeat away from the Presidency.
I voted Republican because I really think the country can get along without collecting any taxes.
I voted Republican because I'm morally bankrupt. Those too poor to afford health insurance should be left to die on the hospital steps.
I voted Republican because not enough Americans died in Viet Nam.
I voted Republican because Reagan had nice hair.

canleakid
11-27-2011, 12:30 PM
"Reasons to vote for Democrats" :confused: :confused: :confused:
the 2012 republican-candidates errr lack of :D

boxcar
11-27-2011, 12:38 PM
There are only three reasons to vote for a republican.
1. I am dumber than the GOP candidate.
2. I am crazier than the GOP candidate.
3. I am richer than God.

You boy in the WH has all but a mortal lock on "dumb". After all, Hawaii, which is one of his 57 states, is also now in Asia. So, by extension, just how bright are Dems who voted for this Affirmative Action poster boy? :rolleyes:

Boxcar

lsbets
11-27-2011, 12:49 PM
Congratulations Actor, you've made Goren look smart and that's no small feat.

PhantomOnTour
11-27-2011, 12:57 PM
This thread ought to be fun

skate
11-27-2011, 01:15 PM
<the-skate voted Dem, just to piss-off PA.:)

skate
11-27-2011, 01:16 PM
Congratulations Actor, you've made Goren look smart and that's no small feat.

i didnt know Goren had Big Feet. thanks.

ArlJim78
11-27-2011, 01:24 PM
Actor that's some great material there. You should do it justice by creating a Sunday morning humor thread based on that post.

NJ Stinks
11-27-2011, 02:18 PM
I vote Democratic partly because I don't suffer from paranoia.

from the Free Dictionary website:

par·a·noi·a (phttp://img.tfd.com/hm/GIF/abreve.gifrhttp://img.tfd.com/hm/GIF/lprime.gifhttp://img.tfd.com/hm/GIF/schwa.gif-noihttp://img.tfd.com/hm/GIF/prime.gifhttp://img.tfd.com/hm/GIF/schwa.gif)
n.
2. Extreme, irrational distrust of others.

mostpost
11-27-2011, 02:27 PM
When your "friends" cannot explain why they voted for
> Democrats, give them this list. They can then pick their
> reasons
>
>
> 1. I voted Democrat because I believe
> oil companies' profits of 4% on a
> gallon of gas are obscene, but the
> government taxing the same gallon of
> gas at 15% isn't.
I voted Democratic because I'm not so gullible to think oil company profits are 4% on a gallon.
>
> 2. I voted Democrat because I believe
> the government will do a better job of
> spending the money I earn than I
> would.
I voted Democratic because I believe we are responsible for more than just ourselves. It is immaterial whether the government can spend my money better than I can. There are things the government can do for society that I alone can not do.
>
> 3. I voted Democrat because Freedom of
> Speech is fine as long as nobody is
> offended by it.
I voted democratic because I don't feel it is necessary to offend people to make myself feel important.
>
> 4. I voted Democrat because I'm way
> too sensible to own a gun, and I
> know that my local police are all I
> need to protect me from murderers and
> thieves.
>FTFY. I have never owned a gun and I have never been murdered and never been robbed at gunpoint. Or any other point. Guns attract trouble like carrion attracts buzzards.
> 5. I voted Democrat because I believe
> that people who can't tell us if it
> will rain on Friday can tell us that
> the polar ice caps will melt away in
> ten years if I don't start driving a
> Prius.
I voted Democratic because the polar ice caps are already melting. BTW weather forecasters are more accurate than you give them credit for.
>
> 6. I voted Democrat because I'm not
> concerned about millions of babies
> being aborted so long as we keep all
> death row inmates alive.
I voted Democratic because you are an idiot and the statement above proves it.
>
> 7. I voted Democrat because I think
> illegal aliens have a right to free
> health care, education, and Social
> Security benefits.
I voted Democratic because I don't generalize things that are true in a few states and apply them where they are not.
>
> 8. I voted Democrat because I believe
> that business should not be allowed to
> make profits for themselves. They need
> to break even and give the rest away
> to the government for redistribution
> as the Democrats see fit.
I voted Democratic because I appreciate the rights of business to turn a profit, but reject the idea that this right tramples the rights of workers to earn a decent wage. And I reject the redistribution of wealth from the poor to the rich.
>
> 9. I voted Democrat because I believe
> liberal judges need to rewrite the
> Constitution every few days to suit
> some fringe kooks who would never get
> their agendas past the voters.
I voted Democratic because I watched John Roberts, Samuel Alito, Antonin Scalia, Clarence Thomas and Arthur Kennedy turn the Constitution on its ear to give corporations rights they were never intended to have. Incidentally they are all conservatives.
>
> 10. I voted Democrat because I think
> that it's better to pay billions to
> people who hate us for their oil, but
> not drill our own because it might
> upset some endangered beetle or
> gopher.
I voted Democratic because I understand it is not about one beetle or gopher, its the entire ecosystem. Ecosystem? That means where we live.
>
> 11. I voted Democrat because while we
> live in the greatest, most wonderful
> country in the world, I was promised
> "HOPE AND CHANGE".
I voted Democratic because I'm not an arrogant asshole.
>
> 12. I voted Democrat because my head
> is so firmly planted up my ass, it's
> unlikely that I'll ever have another
> point of view.
I voted Democratic because I know that it is the DEMOCRATIC party not the Democrat party, you numbskull. And I voted Democratic because I would never post someone else's thoughts without giving them credit-like you just did.

Robert Goren
11-27-2011, 02:42 PM
i didnt know Goren had Big Feet. thanks. Size 13

F3CbXpWcmr0

TJDave
11-27-2011, 04:09 PM
Voting republican or democrat makes absolutely NO difference. There's only one agenda and the 99% ain't a part of it.

MONEY
11-27-2011, 04:20 PM
You boy in the WH has all but a mortal lock on "dumb". After all, Hawaii, which is one of his 57 states, is also now in Asia. So, by extension, just how bright are Dems who voted for this Affirmative Action poster boy? :rolleyes:

Boxcar
Affirmative action may no longer be necessary but at one time it was needed to right some wrongs.
As I have stated before, I got 100% on two civil service exams and was twice eliminated from contention just because I am a minority.
Without an affirmative action lawsuit, I would never have been hired.

Also in a new low for you, you have referred to President Obama as boy twice in one post.
I don't like President Obama. I didn't vote for him & I will not vote for him. But President Obama is the man in the White House, not the boy in the White House.

fast4522
11-27-2011, 04:28 PM
Because you have the right, dunderheads will always look to that party.

Greyfox
11-27-2011, 05:29 PM
The principal reason for Independents to vote Republican.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_WMpSC7nK3os/TOQQza1JxeI/AAAAAAAAE6w/ZlZE_T206V0/s400/Obama%2BLame%2BDuck.jpg

Tom
11-27-2011, 05:34 PM
Last time you guys voted for change, and you got it.
9.3 unemployment.

Going for 10 this time? :lol:
Compared to Obama, I would vote for poultry! :lol:

cosmo96
11-27-2011, 07:38 PM
I vote Democrat becaause I am afraid of what the Republicans and the tea potters wil do. They pay no attention to the UN or treaties, no evidence of WMDs, but war anyway. It's no secret Republicans want to eliminate unions. They want to take away all entitlements: Social Security, VA Benefits, Guaranteed Pensions when the bankruptcy was not the workers fault. Many of them are mean spirited and care nothing about the poor. I retired from GM, and do well. I have a part time job at First Transit with very low pay. I can take it or leave it, but many hard working people can't. Many work over forty hours and can't pay the bills. It's not all the Republicans Bush I and Clinton gave us NAFTA, and we lost all our high paying GM jobs in Dayton. All the politicians are Wall Street. Some like Obama are a little less greedy, but still. My favorite politicians were or are, Macy Kapner, Tony Hall, Obama, The Kennedys, Metezenbaum, Waxman, Chuck Whalen a Republican. Honorable mention MIke Turner Repulican for his role in the GM bankruptcy.

bigmack
11-27-2011, 08:30 PM

I voted Democratic because I'm not so gullible to think oil company profits are 4% on a gallon.
The total gas tax in IL is .62/gal & .66/gal in CA. That's WAY more than oil Co profits.

I have never owned a gun and I have never been murdered and never been robbed at gunpoint.
Let me get this straight. You have never been murdered?

I voted Democratic because I'm not an arrogant asshole.
Don't cut yourself short. You can be all that & then some.

lsbets
11-27-2011, 08:38 PM
This thread is full of surprises. I didn't think Actor could be outdone, but Cosmo came along. PA, when nominations for most ill informed post of the year, OT, come out, please remember to include Cosmo.

johnhannibalsmith
11-27-2011, 09:09 PM
... Some like Obama are a little less greedy, but still...

Isn't it just a different kind of greed when you want to forcibly take more money from someone that you consider greedy? Especially when you aren't exactly going to be handing the confiscated money out to those that may do something useful with it?

Is it just that simple - the guy talks in simpleton speak about taking from the rich and giving to the poor and suddenly he's Robin Hood? I'd rather a billionaire buy another $5 million dollar yacht with his money than have some idiot in Washington buy a $5 million dollar toilet seat off his uncle's porcelain company/campaign donor with that money.

Oy vey.

PaceAdvantage
11-27-2011, 09:38 PM
I love how the first posters in this thread to resort to personal attacks and foul language were the ones who will be voting Democrat.

No surprise there...just look at OWS compared to the Tea Party...

The "low life" factor always seems a tad higher as you move towards the left side of the aisle...

cosmo96
11-27-2011, 09:58 PM
Please don't forget we live in a democracy, noone has to justify their political opinions. The Republicans are not all to blame, many of the Democrats are as bad as Republicans.Most all of them fall into the money trap. The Democrats complained about how bad Reagon was, but it was a Democrat congress under Regan, that really was responsible. It would be nice if there were no corporate contributions. It would be nice if Democrats and Republicans were civil to one another. It would be nice if the Repulicans were not so afraid of the Tea Party.
At one time there was diversity in the Republican Party. Javitts and Rockefeller were liberal as was Whalen and Brokke. Eisenhower was moderate. Many were the real conservatives, and were not the Rush Limbaugh type. I would love to se something other than extreme conservatism in the Republican Party. If this ever happens my votes will be redirected.

PaceAdvantage
11-27-2011, 10:02 PM
Extreme conservatism? Where? :lol:

bigmack
11-27-2011, 10:02 PM
It would be nice if the Repulicans were not so afraid of the Tea Party.
In light of recent events, them Tea Party folk appear to be model citizens. What's your beef with them?

NJ Stinks
11-27-2011, 10:04 PM
This thread is full of surprises. I didn't think Actor could be outdone, but Cosmo came along. PA, when nominations for most ill informed post of the year, OT, come out, please remember to include Cosmo.

I love how the first posters in this thread to resort to personal attacks and foul language were the ones who will be voting Democrat.

The "low life" factor always seems a tad higher as you move towards the left side of the aisle...

The obvious question is: Is it a personal attack when somebody calls for Cosmo to be nominated for most ill informed post of the year in Off Topic? Or is telling somebody they have their head up their ass or not nuanced, etc. a personal attack?

You tell me, PA. Since you obviously know a personal attack when you see one.

johnhannibalsmith
11-27-2011, 10:11 PM
...when somebody calls for Cosmo to be nominated for most ill informed post of the year in Off Topic? ...

Shhhhhhh..... this means you may fly under the radar come nomination time... :lol:

(jesskidding of course, but it was jesstoo easy) :cool:

HUSKER55
11-27-2011, 10:20 PM
hey actor, you are afraid of Sarah who is NOT running for president and favor the joker we have now who is our president?

It is a physical impossibility for Sarah to do worse.

BTW, would you like some cheese to go with that wine ?

lsbets
11-27-2011, 10:24 PM
What's wrong with the Tea Party Cosmo? I eagerly await your well thought out, highly informed and knowledgeable response.

lsbets
11-27-2011, 10:31 PM
The obvious question is: Is it a personal attack when somebody calls for Cosmo to be nominated for most ill informed post of the year in Off Topic? Or is telling somebody they have their head up their ass or not nuanced, etc. a personal attack?

You tell me, PA. Since you obviously know a personal attack when you see one.

You're still hung up on that week or so old crack in another thread? I think even mostie took it for the obvious joke that it was. In the future, I'll be sure to clear any sarcastic comments with you to ensure that I do not offend anyone.

Now, to address your comment to PA, I believe he said the first ones to do so were from the left, not the only ones. I'm resisting the obviously easy personal attack on your reading ability followed up with a suggestion that you put in a tampon because it sounds like that time of month for you because I have yet to PM the comment to you seeking approval. I will do so shortly and will post it when and if I get your blessing.

NJ Stinks
11-27-2011, 10:32 PM
Shhhhhhh..... this means you may fly under the radar come nomination time... :lol:

(jesskidding of course, but it was jesstoo easy) :cool:

What's wrong with the Tea Party Cosmo? I eagerly await your well thought out, highly informed and knowledgeable response.

PA, I'm being picked on. :(

:)

NJ Stinks
11-27-2011, 10:43 PM
You're still hung up on that week or so old crack in another thread? I think even mostie took it for the obvious joke that it was. In the future, I'll be sure to clear any sarcastic comments with you to ensure that I do not offend anyone.

Now, to address your comment to PA, I believe he said the first ones to do so were from the left, not the only ones. I'm resisting the obviously easy personal attack on your reading ability followed up with a suggestion that you put in a tampon because it sounds like that time of month for you because I have yet to PM the comment to you seeking approval. I will do so shortly and will post it when and if I get your blessing.

The plain fact is that some comments here are considered to quote PA " personal attacks and foul language" and some aren't. Does it depend or whether one leans Democratic or not? I think most of the time it does so I said so.

newtothegame
11-27-2011, 10:46 PM
The plain fact is that some comments here are considered to quote PA " personal attacks and foul language" and some aren't. Does it depend or whether one leans Democratic or not? I think most of the time it does so I said so.
I can't speak for this thread, but I have seen Mike come on here and defend mosty several times from personal attacks....has nothing to do with political leanings..(of course that's how you would see it though)!

lsbets
11-27-2011, 10:48 PM

You're very sensitive today Stinks. This is not an insult, its the same sound advice I gave my wife today - put in a tampon, take a Midol, and then take a nap. You'll feel better. However, I'll leave out the offer to rub your breasts if they are feeling tender.

NJ Stinks
11-27-2011, 11:14 PM
I can't speak for this thread, but I have seen Mike come on here and defend mosty several times from personal attacks....has nothing to do with political leanings..(of course that's how you would see it though)!

I've seen him do it too, Newt. That's why I didn't say all of the time.

mostpost
11-27-2011, 11:52 PM

I should have written arrogant @$$____. That way I would have gotten my point across without offending your selective sensibilities. That point being that everyone thinks their country is the greatest, most wonderful in the world. If you wonder why no on likes us, maybe it's because we are so obnoxious about saying it.

As far as calling someone a numbskull because he does not know that it is the Democratic Party. That is not name calling; it is truth in labeling.

bigmack
11-27-2011, 11:54 PM
As far as calling someone a numbskull because he does not know that it is the Democratic Party. That is not name calling; it is truth in labeling.
Buddy just got back from golfing in Hawaii. Or as you call it "Asia."

mostpost
11-27-2011, 11:55 PM
You're very sensitive today Stinks. This is not an insult, its the same sound advice I gave my wife today - put in a tampon, take a Midol, and then take a nap. You'll feel better. However, I'll leave out the offer to rub your breasts if they are feeling tender.

I'm guessing your wife does not read this forum. If she does, I would suggest we all compose nice things to say in lsbets memorial book.

lsbets
11-28-2011, 12:02 AM
I'm guessing your wife does not read this forum. If she does, I would suggest we all compose nice things to say in lsbets memorial book.

She's a Jersey girl, she thought it was funny.

mostpost
11-28-2011, 12:11 AM
She's a Jersey girl, she thought it was funny.
Damn!! The Texans always get the good ones!! Damn, I didn't mean to say Damn.
Sorry PA!

lsbets
11-28-2011, 12:17 AM
Damn!! The Texans always get the good ones!! Damn, I didn't mean to say Damn.
Sorry PA!

I moved here in 96. Born in Florida, raised in Jersey. Met her in 2000. I was willing to move back to NJ, she wanted to come here. It's a hell of a lot more affordable. Quality of life is much higher.

Actor
11-28-2011, 06:46 AM
I vote Democratic partly because I don't suffer from paranoia.

from the Free Dictionary website:

par·a·noi·a (phttp://img.tfd.com/hm/GIF/abreve.gifrhttp://img.tfd.com/hm/GIF/lprime.gifhttp://img.tfd.com/hm/GIF/schwa.gif-noihttp://img.tfd.com/hm/GIF/prime.gifhttp://img.tfd.com/hm/GIF/schwa.gif)
n.
2. Extreme, irrational distrust of others.
It's not paranoia if the distrust is rational. :lol:

HUSKER55
11-28-2011, 07:25 AM
ACTOR, GOOD POINT! :lol:

maddog42
11-28-2011, 09:20 AM

I believe you are wrong when it comes to the number of personal attacks on this board. I believe more come from the right than the left. Mostpost and others on the left seem to stick to the issues more with LESS NAME CALLING.

fast4522
11-28-2011, 09:48 AM
Please don't forget we live in a democracy, noone has to justify their political opinions. The Republicans are not all to blame, many of the Democrats are as bad as Republicans.Most all of them fall into the money trap. The Democrats complained about how bad Reagon was, but it was a Democrat congress under Regan, that really was responsible. It would be nice if there were no corporate contributions. It would be nice if Democrats and Republicans were civil to one another. It would be nice if the Repulicans were not so afraid of the Tea Party.
At one time there was diversity in the Republican Party. Javitts and Rockefeller were liberal as was Whalen and Brokke. Eisenhower was moderate. Many were the real conservatives, and were not the Rush Limbaugh type. I would love to se something other than extreme conservatism in the Republican Party. If this ever happens my votes will be redirected.

Incorrect, we live in a republic and we employ democracy. This sets us apart from the Europeans who are mainly socialists.

BlueShoe
11-28-2011, 10:09 AM
"I vote Democratic, because, just like most of the leaders of my Party, I believe in the principles given us by Karl Marx, Friedrich Engels, and Vladimir Lenin, and believe that we would be a better society if we followed them."

Tom
11-28-2011, 10:41 AM
Da, da!!!

cosmo96
11-28-2011, 11:50 AM
If one is Democrat I make sense. If one is a Republican, I'm a dummy. This is why our political system is broken. There should be common ground and respect. Republicans should not demonize Democrats, and Democrats sh ould not demonize Republicans. We should accept one another's beliefs and opinions in good faith. We are all Americans. Best wishes to all, and fast tracks and clear skies, forever.

Tom
11-28-2011, 11:58 AM
When you are out to destroy our way of life, I will demonize you because you are a demon. This ain't a campfire and we aint singing kumbya here - we are fighting to save our nation, and if that means we demonize you so be it. We once fought a war over our differences. Maybe another one is brewing.

cosmo96
11-28-2011, 12:20 PM
Tom, if you've read my posts, I find fault with both parties.

thaskalos
11-28-2011, 12:43 PM
Both the democrats and the republicans are useless for the job they have been hired to do.

As long as the politician's primary concern is to enrich himself - instead of working for the benefit of the people he represents - he is doing more harm than good.

No matter which party he belongs to.

badcompany
11-28-2011, 12:53 PM

Leftists would really prefer to deal with their intellectual opponents Soviet style, but, conditions in the U.S don't allow it, yet, so they resort to name calling and degrading.

bigmack
11-28-2011, 12:59 PM
I haven't seen any expansion on your thoughts of the Tea Party. You didn't just type lines you've been fed without any thought from yourself, did you?

Tom
11-28-2011, 01:11 PM
So do I, and I didn't mean YOU personally.
But when I disagree with a dem, it is usually for serious reasons that are killing our way of life, like this moronic new light bulb the dems have forced on us - killing jobs, greatly increasing world-wide pollution, and putting the end user at needless risk.

When it is a repub, it usually for lying or stealing - not good, but not the level of the dems. Frankly, my belief is that political parties must be outlawed. No one can serve a party and the people.

fast4522
11-28-2011, 02:52 PM
We agree to disagree Tom, "No one can serve a party and the people.", More Tea Please!

Ocala Mike
11-28-2011, 03:27 PM
Frankly, my belief is that political parties must be outlawed. No one can serve a party and the people.

From your keyboard to God's ears! I am in 100% agreement here. :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump:

ArlJim78
11-28-2011, 04:21 PM
Reasons to vote democratic?

Not enough people on food stamps or other government assistance.

Private sector still too large.

Some companies not using unions workers.

To finish up the assualt on individual liberties.

Private health insurance still available.

To keep the 1% happy.

Only a few trillion more in subsidies to cronies and green energy might crack the 3% barrier.

America still respected in some countries.

Israel still exists.

Mexican drug cartels still need more weapons to secure a safe operating perimeter within the US.

cosmo96
11-28-2011, 07:40 PM
Everyone here needs to chill out. I'll just vote the way I see best, and stick to what I like best, horseracing.

bigmack
11-28-2011, 07:43 PM
I vote Democrat becaause I am afraid of what the Republicans and the tea potters wil do. They pay no attention to the UN or treaties, no evidence of WMDs, but war anyway. It's no secret Republicans want to eliminate unions. They want to take away all entitlements: Social Security, VA Benefits, Guaranteed Pensions when the bankruptcy was not the workers fault. Many of them are mean spirited and care nothing about the poor. I retired from GM, and do well. I have a part time job at First Transit with very low pay. I can take it or leave it, but many hard working people can't. Many work over forty hours and can't pay the bills. It's not all the Republicans Bush I and Clinton gave us NAFTA, and we lost all our high paying GM jobs in Dayton. All the politicians are Wall Street. Some like Obama are a little less greedy, but still. My favorite politicians were or are, Macy Kapner, Tony Hall, Obama, The Kennedys, Metezenbaum, Waxman, Chuck Whalen a Republican. Honorable mention MIke Turner Repulican for his role in the GM bankruptcy.
That's right everyone, just chill out. Like cosmo here.

Actor
11-29-2011, 01:21 PM
"I vote Democratic, because, just like most of the leaders of my Party, I believe in the principles given us by Karl Marx, Friedrich Engels, and Vladimir Lenin, and believe that we would be a better society if we followed them."Exactly what "principles given us by Karl Marx, Friedrich Engels, and Vladimir Lenin" are endorsed by the democrats? Enlighten me.

rastajenk
11-29-2011, 01:34 PM
If I may be so rude as to answer a question with a question, which party has embraced and/or encouraged the Occupiers, the Reps or the Dems? So, if you answer honestly, are the Dems just giving the protestors phoney lip service, or are they truly sympathetic? Somewhere in there is your answer.

BlueShoe
11-29-2011, 01:50 PM
Exactly what "principles given us by Karl Marx, Friedrich Engels, and Vladimir Lenin" are endorsed by the democrats? Enlighten me.
Socialism and the ever increasing power and control of every aspect of our lives by an all powerful government at all levels from local to federal. Shortly before his death in 2000, Gus Hall, the long time head of the American Communist Party (CPUSA), stated that he was delighted to see that the Democratic Party had adopted many of the goals and planks of the Party, and that much of his work had already been done by the Democrats. This was in 2000, and the Democratic Party is much father to the left than it was then. The DP has been hijacked by the far left and is firmly in their control. While most rank and file Democrats are not Marxists, much of the leadership is, starting at the top; the President, as is many of the Senate and Congrssional leaders. My position, which I have openly expressed often, which may be considered extreme by some, is that Liberalism is just another branch of the worldwide Communist movement.

Tom
11-29-2011, 02:14 PM
Exactly what "principles given us by Karl Marx, Friedrich Engels, and Vladimir Lenin" are endorsed by the democrats? Enlighten me.

Re-distribution of wealth.
Obama has stated this several times.

PaceAdvantage
11-29-2011, 06:29 PM
I believe you are wrong when it comes to the number of personal attacks on this board. I believe more come from the right than the left. Mostpost and others on the left seem to stick to the issues more with LESS NAME CALLING.Where did I say anything about number on the board? Why can't people stick to what is actually written, instead of bringing the entire world into the discussion?

As usual, the sensible folks get what I was saying.

fast4522
11-29-2011, 08:40 PM
Here is another reason.

Obama's Job Approval Drops Below Carter's

http://www.usnews.com/news/blogs/washington-whispers/2011/11/29/obamas-job-approval-drops-below-carters

Johnny V
11-29-2011, 10:31 PM
Here is another reason.

Obama's Job Approval Drops Below Carter's

http://www.usnews.com/news/blogs/washington-whispers/2011/11/29/obamas-job-approval-drops-below-carters
Interesting to see that Eisenhower's approval rating was 78%. I guess many have forgotten what this man meant to our country in WWII and later as leader of the free world. I think he was a very underrated president IMO.

Tom
11-29-2011, 10:42 PM
When we tell Obama to hit the road, it may well one that Ike built! :D
Unlike Obama, Ike knew what "shovel-ready" meant.

Johnny V
11-29-2011, 10:52 PM
When we tell Obama to hit the road, it may well one that Ike built! :D
Unlike Obama, Ike knew what "shovel-ready" meant.
Absolutely!!

maddog42
11-29-2011, 11:38 PM
Where did I say anything about number on the board? Why can't people stick to what is actually written, instead of bringing the entire world into the discussion?

As usual, the sensible folks get what I was saying.

Perhaps I misunderstood about the NUMBER of personal attacks. What you really said was the first persons to respond with personal attacks were the dems. If you read your first post very carefully you will see that you were the one that brought the whole world into it (Occupy versus Tea).

Let me clarify: I have been meaning to start a thread about personal attacks and name calling on this board. Not that it is much worse or better than any other board, in that regard.
And to be fair I have seen you get onto other people about personal attacks.

BUT I have been on this board for about a year now and the right does more
personal attacks than anyone. By even mentioning that it is "interesting" that the Dems started the personal attacks first: You might have been implying that it is usually the righties that do the attacks first. That is certainly my impression on this board. The righties on this board do not have any moral superiority when it comes to personal attacks and name calling.

PaceAdvantage
11-30-2011, 04:23 AM
All I did was make a statement about what happened in this thread. Nothing more, nothing less.

ArlJim78
11-30-2011, 09:54 AM
Interesting to see that Eisenhower's approval rating was 78%. I guess many have forgotten what this man meant to our country in WWII and later as leader of the free world. I think he was a very underrated president IMO.
In my opinion America peaked right around those years of the Eisenhower administration. We're still a great country, but our culture has rotted away in the years since.

Robert Goren
11-30-2011, 10:37 AM
The first post was a an attack on democratic voters. The first response(my post) was an attack on republican voters. There was a time when I could understand how someone could vote republican. I have even done it myself, but not recently. The republicans today do not believe in the same America I do. They do believe in the same America that my dad fought for in WWII. They do not believe in a government that helps the average American. They only believe in a government that helps the rich and imposes a few religious beliefs on the rest of us. This a big change from what the republicans I voted for years ago. I used be able to vote the the best person to do the job. Now I have to vote the person who won't tear down the things I want the government to do. The one who won't force his religious values on me.

PaceAdvantage
11-30-2011, 11:01 AM
What version of Earth are you living on where there is all this religious pressure put upon you by these evil politicians?

johnhannibalsmith
11-30-2011, 11:07 AM
I think Jon Kyl (R) and his gambling legislation proposals/bills constitutes about 94% of 'Tec Bobby's opinions on all things political and related.

Tom
11-30-2011, 11:23 AM
Bobby, we are on Earth I.
I think you might be on Earth II.

Robert Goren
11-30-2011, 12:47 PM
I think Jon Kyl (R) and his gambling legislation proposals/bills constitutes about 94% of 'Tec Bobby's opinions on all things political and related. That is only partly true. I was part of an attempt to legalise Casino gambling in Nebraska a number of years ago. There was this anti gambling group called the " Nebraskans for the Good Life". They were leading opponents of the measure. They had tons of money and it was not from the Iowa Casinos as some people thought. I know because we got a lots of money from all the owners of the Iowa casinos. Everyone in that group that I ever had any contact was a Republican. Not even one Democrat in the bunch. I have a self proclaimed tea party republican congressman that will not answer my emails on legalizing internet poker. I favor most forms of legalised gambling everywhere. I vote that way. I don't how you can be in favor of smaller government and not be in favor of legalized gambling. People who claim they are and not are just plain liars. They should stop lying about wanting small government and have discuss what roll government should have. We debate about whether the government should be in health care or not, but don't tell me the reason you don't want it is because you want small government when you want it sticking its nose in to things like internet poker.

bigmack
11-30-2011, 01:12 PM
As if Goren would be a R if there were a casino on every block in NB. He is a devout D as a result of his resentment and grudges. He saw a preponderance of R's not wanting gambling venues opening up willy-nilly and hates them. He blames Reagan for farmers plight. He hates him.

What an eye-opener that a puritanical viewpoint is widely expressed in NEBRASKA against widespread gambling. Shocking.

Bumper sticker firmly in place on Gorens vehicle. Piss me off and I'll vote for the other party. :p

JustRalph
11-30-2011, 01:32 PM
The first post was a an attack on democratic voters. The first response(my post) was an attack on republican voters. There was a time when I could understand how someone could vote republican. I have even done it myself, but not recently. The republicans today do not believe in the same America I do. They do believe in the same America that my dad fought for in WWII. They do not believe in a government that helps the average American. They only believe in a government that helps the rich and imposes a few religious beliefs on the rest of us. This a big change from what the republicans I voted for years ago. I used be able to vote the the best person to do the job. Now I have to vote the person who won't tear down the things I want the government to do. The one who won't force his religious values on me.

Repubs who are true conservatives, don't believe in government period. This is where you go off the rails. You actually look to government for making you whole. True conservatives understand "limited government".

The constitution spells out the role of government very plainly. It doesn't include the shit we put up with today.

rastajenk
11-30-2011, 02:17 PM
Nobody imposes "values" on Americans like the Dems/libs/progs do. Just because they may not be religious doesn't make it any less acceptable.

johnhannibalsmith
11-30-2011, 02:23 PM
That is only partly true. I was part of an attempt to legalise Casino gambling in Nebraska a number of years ago....

Err... yeah, I forgot about that part...

Not that I disagree with much of your opinions on that matter at all, let me ask you something that I always wonder.

Why are you pound the fist anti-everything-Wall Street (inlcuding the collateral damage that dared own a business within shouting distance) because they "gambled" and lost and "nearly destroyed the economy", in part because of lack of regulation... but then... are pound this fist opposed to regulation of any other sort of "gambling" that could have just as devastating effects on a personal level to an individual's economy?

(bear in mind, most of the inteligentsia would argue that much like even the most jaded view of bundled derivatives and the ilk, "investing" in legalized gambling is a sure loser for most involved, including those not necessarily directly involved in those gambles but are ultimately effected by them.)

I can speculate how and where you will draw the differences, but really, your post about limited government intervention and the hypocrisy of conservatism seems to parallel the hypocrisy of liberalism.

We have our roles and responsibilities in both scenarios and can mitigate the or even avoid entirely potential damage in both scenarios.

I guess what I wonder is... how squiggly is the line that delineates what the proper role of government is in "saving us from ourselves"? And how much are both examples a case of the problem being not rooted in political ideology, but rather in government cajoling for political greed regardless of affiliation?

Robert Goren
11-30-2011, 06:10 PM
I have no problem with gambling that goes on Wall Street as the individual investor or hedge funds do it. But when the banks which are vital to our economy do it, I have a problem. I also have a problem with the traders claiming that they create wealth. That simply is not true. I gamble just like those traders but I never claimed it was good for country when I was I doing it. A lot of what goes on there these is days is fixed against the poor guy who has a 401k and is trying save for their old age. It is like betting on a fixed horse race, you might luck on to a winner, but you have no way knowing who the winner is going to be. I will remind you that Madoff was not a fly by night boiler room operator. At one time, He was head of the NASDAQ. You can't trust any of them no matter how stellar their reputation. I have a question. Why is somebody that gets 20% on an investment for 5 years and on the loses all the money he made plus all of the original investment worth millions of dollars a year? It like taking your entire bankroll plus every cent that you can borrow and betting it to show on a 1/9 shot. You get a quick 5% everytime you cash, sooner or later it going to run out. Thats is what the wall street traders do with stocks all the time.

Robert Goren
11-30-2011, 06:22 PM
Err... yeah, I forgot about that part...

Not that I disagree with much of your opinions on that matter at all, let me ask you something that I always wonder.

Why are you pound the fist anti-everything-Wall Street (inlcuding the collateral damage that dared own a business within shouting distance) because they "gambled" and lost and "nearly destroyed the economy", in part because of lack of regulation... but then... are pound this fist opposed to regulation of any other sort of "gambling" that could have just as devastating effects on a personal level to an individual's economy?

(bear in mind, most of the inteligentsia would argue that much like even the most jaded view of bundled derivatives and the ilk, "investing" in legalized gambling is a sure loser for most involved, including those not necessarily directly involved in those gambles but are ultimately effected by them.)

I can speculate how and where you will draw the differences, but really, your post about limited government intervention and the hypocrisy of conservatism seems to parallel the hypocrisy of liberalism.

We have our roles and responsibilities in both scenarios and can mitigate the or even avoid entirely potential damage in both scenarios.

I guess what I wonder is... how squiggly is the line that delineates what the proper role of government is in "saving us from ourselves"? And how much are both examples a case of the problem being not rooted in political ideology, but rather in government cajoling for political greed regardless of affiliation? I am not opposed to having gambling regulated. Every place that it is legal, it is regulated at least to some extent. Horse Racing, for example, is regulated, but probably not enough. I just don't believe it should be totally outlawed. There are very few things that that I don't think should legal if they are well regulated.