PDA

View Full Version : Republicans Will Beat Themselves

cosmo96
11-26-2011, 11:03 PM
I am very interested in politics. For now I am just an observer, and I don't want to reveal my political preference. The 2012 presidential election should be easy for the Republicans, but they won't win it.

They have some good candidates, but they won't make it. Romney would be better off just being himself instead of his phoney act as a conservative. Herman Cain has no political experience and cannot play with the heavy hitters. Except for Gringrich the others don't have a chance. Gringrich is a super politician, but he has too much baggage, and suffers from foot in mouth disease.

Yes it should be a Republican year, but they are too rigid. There is no diversity, no moderation, they just want to out conservative each other. As the campaign goes on voters will be afraid that they will lose there entitlements. It's OK for others to lose theirs, but not mine.

People are not pleased with Obama, but they are used to him, and unless the Republicans get their act together, Obama will probably get a second term.

sandpit
11-26-2011, 11:14 PM
Romney would be better off just being himself instead of his phoney act as a conservative.

You made a very good point here that can easily be translated to nearly every politician, at least those seeking their first term or re-election. None of them act like themeselves, they are all superficial powerseekers and moneysuckers.

Case in point are our ex-presidents we see on tv acting as philanthropists, philosphers, and the like. All them are nothing like they were when they were in office.

So, IMHO, what you say about being himself would probably go a long way and be very refreshing for an exasperated electorate.

Tom
11-27-2011, 12:49 AM
UtMC7bjOlIg&feature=related

Tom
11-27-2011, 01:03 AM
E3bBx5TGinI

Greyfox
11-27-2011, 01:17 AM
The 2012 presidential election should be easy for the Republicans, but they won't win it.

People are not pleased with Obama,.... unless the Republicans get their act together, Obama will probably get a second term.

Sad, but true.

Robert Goren
11-27-2011, 06:13 AM
It only takes about 5 minutes of watching a GOP debate to wonder what is going there. Is this the best that GOP has to offer? I have been saying for sometime that if the economy does not improve, the GOP has golden opportunity to win back the white house. They seem more intent on committing political suicide than winning the race. I almost feel sorry for conservatives as they watch each front running conservative hopeful fall by the wayside. It has got so bad that Newt is back in it after falling from grace earlier this summer. Thing were so bad for Newt that his top 20 staffers quit at once, yet here he is, back in the race by default.

JustRalph
11-27-2011, 09:10 AM
It only takes about 5 minutes of watching a GOP debate to wonder what is going there. Is this the best that GOP has to offer? I have been saying for sometime that if the economy does not improve, the GOP has golden opportunity to win back the white house. They seem more intent on committing political suicide than winning the race. I almost feel sorry for conservatives as they watch each front running conservative hopeful fall by the wayside. It has got so bad that Newt is back in it after falling from grace earlier this summer. Thing were so bad for Newt that his top 20 staffers quit at once, yet here he is, back in the race by default.

As usual, you are wrong. There are no conservatives in those debates.

Robert Goren
11-27-2011, 09:15 AM
As usual, you are wrong. There are no conservatives in those debates.I guarantee you there are no liberals there.

Ocala Mike
11-27-2011, 11:04 AM
As usual, you are wrong. There are no conservatives in those debates.

Ideal scenario for Dems in 2012 - Third party candidates spring up everywhere outflanking the R's on the right. The operative slogan, as mentioned previously, is going to be "I'd rather be right than President" (or Senator, Rep., or Governor, for that matter). R's are involved in a circular firing squad, for sure. The electorate is always going to gravitate towards the center, a fact that seems to be lost by one of our major parties.

Ocala Mike