PDA

View Full Version : Sparano yesterday?

cj
11-25-2011, 12:32 PM
Why not go for 2 up 15-10? It was late 3rd Q. Come on, man!

Robert Goren
11-25-2011, 03:33 PM
If you fail. 2 FGs beat you.

cj
11-25-2011, 04:07 PM
I still think the percentages say go for 2. Usually, I don't think going for 2 before the 4th Q is wise, but I thought so at the time yesterday and it sure played out that way too.

Canarsie
11-25-2011, 05:44 PM
I still think the percentages say go for 2. Usually, I don't think going for 2 before the 4th Q is wise, but I thought so at the time yesterday and it sure played out that way too.

Didn't see the entire game company wanted to watch something else but without seeing it I agree with you. Their season is over show the offense you have a lot of confidence in them.

A little off topic but the Dolphins never quit on their coach I really don't think he should be fired. Especially what they did to him in the off season the guy deserves another year minimum.

Valuist
11-27-2011, 10:33 AM
Didn't see the entire game company wanted to watch something else but without seeing it I agree with you. Their season is over show the offense you have a lot of confidence in them.

A little off topic but the Dolphins never quit on their coach I really don't think he should be fired. Especially what they did to him in the off season the guy deserves another year minimum.

I know they've played much better in the past month but its difficult to have confidence in that offense. You're not going to be able to line Reggie Bush up and run off tackle from the 2 1/2 yard line against a goal line defense. It still wasn't the 4th quarter. Never go for two before the 4th quarter otherwise you spend the rest of the game chasing those missed points.

Robert Goren
11-27-2011, 10:39 AM
Rightly or wrongly, the front office doesn't really believe in this guy. It is past time for them to part ways and both move on. I really don't see point of having another year like this one.

cj
11-27-2011, 11:04 AM
I know they've played much better in the past month but its difficult to have confidence in that offense. You're not going to be able to line Reggie Bush up and run off tackle from the 2 1/2 yard line against a goal line defense. It still wasn't the 4th quarter. Never go for two before the 4th quarter otherwise you spend the rest of the game chasing those missed points.

As I said, I normally agree, but given the Dolphins offense and how they were playing I thought it was their best shot. Hindsight is 20/20, but it was foresight and turned out right.

ldiatone
11-27-2011, 07:19 PM
check it out

rastajenk
11-28-2011, 02:10 PM
Trail by 8, go for 1? Hmmm.... :confused:

cj
11-28-2011, 03:55 PM
Trail by 8, go for 1? Hmmm.... :confused:

It means after you count the touchdown...so yes, you want to cut it to 7.

rastajenk
11-28-2011, 04:04 PM
Ah, yes....sometimes my vast cerebralness gets in the way of the simplest explanations. :D