PDA

View Full Version : Black Friday post times

Valuist
11-24-2011, 10:29 AM
Kudos to Hawthorne for leaving their post time at 3 pm on Friday, and not moving it up like a lot of tracks.

Yes, on Thursday it makes sense to move up post time. On Friday, it makes zero sense. Black Friday? If you are that concerned w/shopping, you will be at the stores in the morning. Many people will be with family or friends Thurs night; probably watching the Ravens/Niners. Good chance many will not have a chance to look over Fridays card. For many bettors, the early post times just means less preparation time so the first 3 or 4 races are automatic toss outs.

Hopefully in the future more tracks will follow the lead of a track like Hawthorne, if they are interested in maximizing their handle.

FenceBored
11-24-2011, 10:48 AM
Kudos to Hawthorne for leaving their post time at 3 pm on Friday, and not moving it up like a lot of tracks.

Yes, on Thursday it makes sense to move up post time. On Friday, it makes zero sense. Black Friday? If you are that concerned w/shopping, you will be at the stores in the morning. Many people will be with family or friends Thurs night; probably watching the Ravens/Niners. Good chance many will not have a chance to look over Fridays card. For many bettors, the early post times just means less preparation time so the first 3 or 4 races are automatic toss outs.

Hopefully in the future more tracks will follow the lead of a track like Hawthorne, if they are interested in maximizing their handle.

What are you talking about, has someone put first post at 4am?

Valuist
11-24-2011, 11:01 AM
I stand corrected. Churchill has decided NOT to bump up the start to 10:30 CT. Glad to see they saw the error of their ways in previous years.

phattty
11-25-2011, 02:48 AM
i believe they always have run extended cards [12 races] on these closing days of their meet,,,,,now that they have lights, earlier posts are not necessary...

NTamm1215
11-25-2011, 09:02 AM
I stand corrected. Churchill has decided NOT to bump up the start to 10:30 CT. Glad to see they saw the error of their ways in previous years.

You understand it has to do with daylight, right?

If Aqueduct is to run 10 races they have to start by noon EST. Churchill did not push their post up last year because they had lights. This is the 2nd year in a row they left it at 12:40 EST.