PDA

View Full Version : Why you can't bet Finger Lakes - Race 6 - 11/23

menifee
11-23-2011, 02:37 PM
Race 6 - Watch the Jockey on the 1 as they get close to the wire. If that is not deliberately trying to get your horse to finish out of the money, I don't know what is.

speed
11-23-2011, 04:54 PM
Race 6 - Watch the Jockey on the 1 as they get close to the wire. If that is not deliberately trying to get your horse to finish out of the money, I don't know what is.
The horse has drifted out a little bit early in the stretch and did so again right before the wire. The jock may have over reacted a touch so it appears he snatches him up as if to finish out of the money. The head on shows what happened.

grant miller
11-23-2011, 11:32 PM
this is why fans in upstate ny dont bet F-L. lame horses, juice trainers, meth-head jocks! on my O.T.B. they try to force us into the finger lakes betting district (steuben county N.Y.) we have made our opion clear by betting on the inter net! I woulnt be sad for F-L closing at all, or western ny otb

chico9166
11-24-2011, 08:53 AM
yeah, they're so bush league, they can't even fix races in a convincing way.

outofthebox
11-24-2011, 11:02 AM
Race 6 - Watch the Jockey on the 1 as they get close to the wire. If that is not deliberately trying to get your horse to finish out of the money, I don't know what is.Yea, so you think Davilla is going to yank on of Englehardts horses. He's be out of his barn so quick it's not funny.

ArlJim78
11-24-2011, 11:59 AM
so his plan was to wait until the final seconds of the race, cause his horse to drift in and out, then in the last second of the race have two horses pass him up while he tries to keep his horse straight? wouldn't there be less conspicuous ways to keep a horse out of the money, if that was the goal? to me the gate is where you would pull that kind of stunt, or on the backside.

watch the headon and think about what you're saying. for a guy whose goal was supposedly to keep his horse out of the money, he came within a fraction of a second of finishing second.

teddy
11-24-2011, 12:06 PM
I can tell you for a fact that FL has waytoo many favorites that dont hit the board. A few tracks that seem to happen far to often are FL, Zia, Parx. Many times there are no logic to it. Suf seems far more reliable and Mtn. Pen, not as bad.

FantasticDan
11-24-2011, 12:09 PM
Sounds like somebody had a big show bet on the 1/2 shot.. :blush: ;)

ArlJim78
11-24-2011, 12:25 PM
I can tell you for a fact that FL has waytoo many favorites that dont hit the board. A few tracks that seem to happen far to often are FL, Zia, Parx. Many times there are no logic to it. Suf seems far more reliable and Mtn. Pen, not as bad.
for the hell of it I ran some queries on my database for horses even money or less. here is the show percentage

all tracks = .8041
Zia-Parx-Flx only = .8163
Suf-MNR-Pen only = .7842

craigbraddick
11-24-2011, 12:48 PM

Teddy:

As I am the caller at Zia do you have some stats to back up this assertion?

Craig

Tom
11-24-2011, 03:23 PM

Does that say something about the horses or the bettors?

theguarantee
11-24-2011, 03:42 PM
Love betting Finger Lakes personally. Prices usually aren't much, but there are a lot of overbet favorites...there are also a good number of favorites who have to fall down to lose, and occasionally, they actually do.

teddy
11-24-2011, 04:49 PM
I CANT PROVE OR DENY YOUR STATS, I CAN TELL YOU WHAT HAPPENS WHEN WE BETTHEM. YEAR AFTER YEAR I SEE THE SAME CRAP. AFTER A WHILE YOU SEE THE TRENDS REPEATING. I GUARANTEE YOU MY SHOW BETS REFLECT LOSSES ON THOSE TRACKS ONLY. I WILL DOUBLECHECK.

teddy
11-24-2011, 04:57 PM
suf = 7% winner
fl 7% loser

mnr 5% winner

zia barely even

parx 12% loser......

Just like I said.

Thats over 2 years and I didnt even check that before i posted.. its that obvious...to me at least. My plays do not break down by track either. Same factors year after year for each track. Thats why I steer clear of parx,fl and most arizona area tracks accept turf paradise.

appistappis
11-24-2011, 05:06 PM
this jockey needs to take a lesson from deshawn parker.......when 1-5 just jump off at the start.

johnhannibalsmith
11-24-2011, 06:50 PM
...and most arizona area tracks accept turf paradise.

That shouldn't be too hard unless you drive to the Santa Cruz County Fair or stop in at Rillito.

ArlJim78
11-24-2011, 07:21 PM
I CANT PROVE OR DENY YOUR STATS, I CAN TELL YOU WHAT HAPPENS WHEN WE BETTHEM. YEAR AFTER YEAR I SEE THE SAME CRAP. AFTER A WHILE YOU SEE THE TRENDS REPEATING. I GUARANTEE YOU MY SHOW BETS REFLECT LOSSES ON THOSE TRACKS ONLY. I WILL DOUBLECHECK.
okay its wise to steer clear of those tracks if you don't make money there, but that doesn't mean that something odd is happening at those tracks. it has to do with your system, the horses you bet on at those tracks.
comparing all favorites at Fingerlakes vs. Mountaineer they have a slightly high percentage in the money and ROI at Finger lakes. how you fair at those tracks is another question altogther. even the best system is going to show wide disparities if you break it down by track.

teddy
11-24-2011, 09:03 PM
Lots of 10 horse fields at mnr.

teddy
11-24-2011, 09:07 PM
That shouldn't be too hard unless you drive to the Santa Cruz County Fair or stop in at Rillito.
By az i think of the lower, sunland, albq zia, ect..nothing runs to form for me.. Good luck there..

iwearpurple
11-24-2011, 09:13 PM
Glad that you can make money in AZ with their riduculous takeout, I can't.

bob60566
11-24-2011, 09:14 PM
By az i think of the lower, sunland, albq zia, ect..nothing runs to form for me.. Good luck there..

Now that statement tells a story

Mac:)

dansan
11-25-2011, 12:07 AM
if my angle shows up at any track I'm playing

Shemp Howard
11-25-2011, 08:28 AM
Last time I vivited FL several years ago I went back to the paddock area where the jockeys hang out. I swear some of them looked over 140 lbs. Never saw a jockey with a pot belly before.

menifee
11-26-2011, 02:00 AM
Sounds like somebody had a big show bet on the 1/2 shot.. :blush: ;)

No, I had a nice tri key with the favorite finishing second or third.

I watched the head on and I still don't understand what the jockey was doing. Maybe I overreacted in assuming some nefarious conduct, perhaps it was just complete incompetence. That horse was not drifting enough to justify pulling his head like that and causing him to finish out of the money.