PDA

View Full Version : Illinois Horse Tampering Case Probed

andymays
11-23-2011, 10:38 AM
http://www.thehorse.com/ViewArticle.aspx?ID=19190

Excerpt:

Will County Sheriff's Department Spokeswoman Kathy Hoffmeyer said that on Nov. 18 the animal's owner, Ruben Flores, contacted sheriff's deputies after the horse's jockey discovered the animal (named Talented Magician) in his Peotone Township, Ill., barn with a large lump on the left side of his neck. Talented Magician was expected to compete in a high-dollar stakes race at Florida's Hialeah Race Course in December.

"Mr. Flores believes someone tried to inject a substance into the horse's carotid artery but missed," Hoffmeyer said. "(He) believes someone was trying to kill his horse."

Valuist
11-23-2011, 10:51 AM
Hialeah? I assume thats a misprint. We know GP will be racing then. I thought Hialeah now was only quarter horses.

andymays
11-23-2011, 10:53 AM
Hialeah? I assume thats a misprint. We know GP will be racing then. I thought Hialeah now was only quarter horses.
It is confusing but it points out how easy it is for someone to tamper with another outfits horses.

tbwinner
11-23-2011, 10:53 AM
It was a quarterhorse.

Brogan
11-23-2011, 03:09 PM
I assume the author of the article isn't that familiar with race track terms. Otherwise, why would a jockey be at a farm, and why would it be he that discovered this lump?