PDA

View Full Version : Kennedy Died 48 Years Ago

toetoe
11-22-2011, 12:57 AM
... :eek: ... :( .

Marshall Bennett
11-22-2011, 08:39 AM
Seems like it was only yesterday. I was in the 4th grade when another teacher barged into the room screaming "Oh my God Carolyn (my teacher's name) the president's been shot". What was also shocking to me even at such a young age was a few of the children began clapping.
Good example of why parents should never discuss politics in front of their children, it will turn them into little devils. :)

lamboguy
11-22-2011, 09:01 AM
this was a moment in life for those that lived through it that every one knew where they were at the time of the news.

certainly one of the biggest tragedy of our time, and a terrible loss of a very inspiring man. after him the office of president has never been the same here.

Robert Goren
11-22-2011, 10:33 AM
It is one of the four days that are etched my memory. The other three are 9/11, OK City bombing and the assassination of RFK.

Ocala Mike
11-22-2011, 10:41 AM
I was 21, and cut my afternoon classes at Queens College that day to head out to Aqueduct. Heard the news from Fred Capposella, and the remainder of the day's races were cancelled. Think they ran three or four races. Went to my job at the Boys Club of Queens in Astoria that night; remember the day quite vividly.

Ocala Mike

Robert Goren
11-22-2011, 10:55 AM
I was in sophomore high school English class when it was announced over the speaker system that JFK had been shot. They played a radio broadcast until they reported that he was dead and then sent us home.

Tom
11-22-2011, 10:57 AM
I was in 7th grade history class - Mr. Cullen. I remember who I was sitting behind, in front of, what they were wearing, what we were covering in class - really scary recollection, considering I have trouble remembering what I has for lunch! Very much like 9/11 - very clear memories of that morning as
well.

On that note, National Geographic has anew Kennedy TV show with enhanced video clips, where supposedly they can see Oswald ( at least a person) in the book depository window. Taped it to watch tonight.

Johnny V
11-22-2011, 11:08 AM
I remember when we were told in class it was quite a shock. We were sent home immediately. When I got home my mother came to the door and she was crying. The first time I has ever seen my mother cry. We were glued to the TV for the next 4 or 5 days. I was just a kid but I remember it vividly.

TJDave
11-22-2011, 12:23 PM
Was in the fifth grade and we were out on the playground after lunch. I remember one of our playmates came from a very "right wing" (that's what they called it then) Bircher family and seemed particularly pleased with himself. A couple of us boys fixed that for him. :rolleyes:

canleakid
11-22-2011, 02:22 PM
Was in the fifth grade and we were out on the playground after lunch. I remember one of our playmates came from a very "right wing" (that's what they called it then) Bircher family and seemed particularly pleased with himself. A couple of us boys fixed that for him. :rolleyes:
"Right On" :cool:

I was a wise fool in high school, that day Kennedy was suppose to be in Austin after his stop in Dallas, for a big Parade downtown so we were getting out of school early that day, got the news during study hall, a few of the girls were weeping, and the teacher said "rumors, just rumors stay calm" then the PA system came on and broke the bad news!! we left early and I walked home. :(

ldiatone
11-22-2011, 07:49 PM
my wife and i were having this discussion about WHO really planed this assasination. i know... a lot of theorys, but she asked What or Who do you think really happened. plot by castro? Frank sinatra and the mob? oswald by himself? oswald was a marksman..but w/ a bolt action?
another killer other then Lee? then ruby goes and kills oswald!? :confused: :(

plainolebill
11-22-2011, 11:35 PM
I was 21, and cut my afternoon classes at Queens College that day to head out to Aqueduct. Heard the news from Fred Capposella, and the remainder of the day's races were cancelled. Think they ran three or four races. Went to my job at the Boys Club of Queens in Astoria that night; remember the day quite vividly.

Ocala Mike

We're the same age, I was 21 too. The ship I was on had just gotten back from a 8 month Westpac deployment - the crew was getting ready to go on liberty when we heard the news. Really shocking.