PDA

View Full Version : Smoke 'Em If You Got 'Em

Overlay
11-21-2011, 05:52 PM
Now, Al joined up to do his part defending you and me.
He wants to fight and bleed and kill and die for liberty.
With the hell of war he's come to grips,
Policing up the filter tips --
It makes a fellow proud to be a soldier.

-- Tom Lehrer

They say that the incidence of smoking is decreasing (which is a good thing, if true), but you wouldn't know it by the number of butts that I police up on my daily constitutional around our subdivision. I know that the practice of flicking a butt away on the ground after the cigarette is done is an iconic macho movie image, and the practice of policing butts up is a time-honored ritual of basic training, but what are ashtrays for?

Are butts biodegradable?

boxcar
11-21-2011, 07:51 PM
Are butts biodegradable?

You tell me!

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/images/640/360/2/assetpool/images/111118025252_111811_butt1.jpg

bigmack
11-21-2011, 08:23 PM
O'Lay: Alabama has a higher percentage of smokers per state than most.
http://blog.bestandworststates.com/2010/02/10/smoking-states-and-tobacco-producing-states.aspx

{}{}{}{}{}{}{}

That picture boxcar flung up is a dude that injected various 'can bloating' elements including CONCRETE!

"Concrete Can"

boxcar
11-22-2011, 12:19 AM
That picture boxcar flung up is a dude that injected various 'can bloating' elements including CONCRETE!

"Concrete Can"

You gotta feel for the toilet seat, though. :lol: :lol:

Boxcar

toetoe
11-22-2011, 01:12 AM
They say that the incidence of smoking is decreasing (which is a good thing, if true), but you wouldn't know it by the number of butts that I police up on my daily constitutional around our subdivision. I know that the practice of flicking a butt away on the ground after the cigarette is done is an iconic macho movie image, and the practice of policing butts up is a time-honored ritual of basic training, but what are ashtrays for?

Are butts biodegradable?

In the absence of Fran Lebowitz, I'll try to convince you to get off our butts. Couldn't you invest the time more wisely by wiping out graffiti ? Maybe tear down unsightly garage sale signs ?

Who are 'they', exactly ?

Is it even knowable whether a decrease in smoking is a good thing ? If I had a smoke right now, I might be wise enough to abort this cranky post.

P.S. We will be shooting scenes for 'The Lords of Culver City' next spring. See you then/there, Overlay. :jump:

Overlay
11-22-2011, 08:56 AM
GREAT!!!!! (if I put the right spin on your comments). (PM or e-mail me the info.)

toetoe
11-22-2011, 10:26 AM
Apologies for the misapprehension. No meeting with Alex Trebek is forthcoming. I was just imagining Overlay, Falconridge and Toetoe jaywalking in Culver City, in search of a mediocre repast.

The aforementioned three, by the way, are not to be confused with Moe, Larry and Shemp; nor even with Sylvester Stallone, Perry King and Henry Winkler.

Overlay
11-22-2011, 10:44 AM
Of course, I'm disappointed, but thanks for the clarification. (You had me going for a moment there!)